|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book prompts Piper's decision they have to find and cook all their own food?
(a) English Guide to Wilderness Life.
(b) Boy Scout Survival Guide.
(c) Surving a Military Invasion.
(d) Girl Scout Survival Guide.
2. What does Piper use to decorate Ding's horns while the children are playing near the river?
(b) Poppies and daisies.
(c) Blossoms from a plum tree.
(d) Wild roses.
3. What does Daisy say is the sound Piper makes when she discovers Daisy is awake?
(a) A cat purr.
(b) A mouse cheer.
(c) A cuckoo laugh.
(d) A banshee scream.
4. What does Piper give Daisy when they go for a walk around the farm for the first time?
(a) A bunch of flowers.
(b) A newborn kitten.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A chicken egg.
5. Who usually milks the goats?
(a) Aunt Penn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
2. What is the news Osbert has when he enters the house after Daisy has written a letter to Leah?
3. Where did Miss Valerie Greene work as a teacher?
4. What does Aunt Penn say the children can do to get some money until she can get home?
5. What is the song Piper is singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three details about the farmhouse.
2. Describe the scene in which Piper asks Daisy to go with her to the barn.
3. List three of the rumors the children hear while in the village.
4. Describe the letter Daisy writes to Leah. What does Daisy really think about her situation?
5. Describe the situation when Piper and Daisy wake because of Piper's nightmare.
6. Describe the conversation in which Piper asks Daisy if she loves Edmond.
7. Describe the relationship between Baz and Piper, and what does Baz get from it?
8. Describe the connection Daisy has with Edmond and how she explains it.
9. Describe the reunion between the girls and Jet.
10. Describe the room Daisy is going to use during her stay in England?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)