|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the drink Edmond brings to Daisy when she wishes for something cold to drink?
(d) Root beer.
2. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
3. How much do Daisy and her driver pay to leave the airport parking lot?
(b) L 33.50
(c) L 13.50.
(d) L 23.50
4. What is the sound Daisy can hear from below on the first night they stay in the lambing barn?
(a) The kittens.
(b) The lambs.
(d) Jet and Gin.
5. What does Daisy say about her life before the war?
(a) That she can't remember much about it.
(b) That she was lonely for her mother.
(c) That she was happy.
(d) That she was sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the flowers blooming on the vine that's climbing up the front of the farmhouse?
2. What are the names of the goat and dog Daisy sees upon her arrival at the farm?
3. Who does Daisy expect will meet her at the London airport?
4. Who does Daisy discover is providing the food being rationed to the families in the area?
5. How many kids does the family have that has moved to the village from London?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three of the rumors the children hear while in the village.
2. Describe the relationship between Baz and Piper, and what does Baz get from it?
3. What is the news the military official has for the five children when he arrives and what is Osbert's reaction?
4. What is the fantasy Osbert and his friends are imagining and what is Daisy's reaction?
5. What does Daisy learn about the massacre and where Edmond and Isaac were when it occurred?
6. Describe why the children come to move to the lambing barn.
7. What is the role each girl plays in the fishing trip in chapter twenty-eight and why does Daisy say she plays that role?
8. What are the things Daisy sees as she first approaches the farm.
9. What are some of the things Baz does for Piper and Daisy?
10. Describe the connection Daisy has with Edmond and how she explains it.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)