|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Piper say she threw blossoms all over Edmond and Daisy?
(a) To share her happiness.
(b) To make them smell better.
(c) For love.
(d) She doesn't say.
2. What is the statue in one corner of the garden?
(a) A stone angel.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A Grecian lady.
(d) A frog.
3. Who does Daisy discover is providing the food being rationed to the families in the area?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) The American military.
(c) The English military.
(d) The German military.
4. Which of the following was one of the precautions written on the flyer the children received with their rations?
(a) Wash all produce before eating.
(b) Hide whenever planes flyover.
(c) Be careful when handling firearms.
(d) Remember to drink plenty of fluids.
5. What is Isaac doing when Edmond, Piper, and Daisy are lying on the blanket?
(a) Sitting on the end of the blanket.
(b) Standing in the water.
(c) Cleaning fish.
(d) Climbing a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last question Dr. Jameson asks before he leaves?
2. What is the name of the dog in the photo with Aunt Penn and Daisy's mother?
3. What kind of bird does Daisy hear that Edmond identifies for her?
4. Where is Daisy from?
5. What color are the roses blooming on the front of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three of the rumors the children hear while in the village.
2. What does Daisy say about the war's role in her emerging relationship with Edmond?
3. What are the things Daisy sees as she first approaches the farm.
4. Describe the relationship between Baz and Piper, and what does Baz get from it?
5. Why does Daisy suggest using Piper and Jet as herders and how does Piper prove she and Jet can be useful as herders?
6. What is the reaction of the children when the army officials first invade their home and what is the comparison Daisy makes to the Nazis?
7. What does Daisy feel when she arrives at the farmhouse, especially when she's shown to the room she'll use during her stay, and what does she say about that feeling?
8. What happened to Leah's father and how often does the family talk about him?
9. Describe the room Daisy is going to use during her stay in England?
10. Describe the connection Daisy has with Edmond and how she explains it.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)