|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say most of the army guys want to say to Piper?
(a) You look like a fairy.
(b) You have beautiful eyes.
(c) You remind me of my little sister.
(d) You are very smart.
2. What does Daisy say "changed our lives instantly for the better" at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Traveling on a road.
(b) Following the river.
(c) Finding a food source.
(d) Having a better map.
3. What does Piper say she'd always thought her sister would be named?
4. Who is at the house when Daisy and Piper finally return to Piper's house?
(d) No one.
5. What is the food Daisy and Piper find growing along a stone wall near the path they are following that first morning?
(d) Wild onions.
6. When does Daisy "talk" to Edmond in Chapter 18?
(b) When he calls each Saturday.
(c) Only in her dreams.
7. What is Meadow Brook Farm famous for?
(a) Being the largest dairy farm in fifty miles.
(b) Being the home of a famous poet.
(c) Being the largest apple orchard in the county.
(d) Being the summer home of the Queen.
8. Who is the one person Daisy believes she recognizes among the dead at Gateshead Farm?
(a) Aunt Penn.
(c) Mrs. McEvoy.
(d) Dr. Jameson.
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions posed by the British Army official who comes to see Daisy and the cousins?
(a) How much money is in the house.
(b) Does the roof leak?
(c) How many outbuildings are there?
(d) How many rooms there are in the house.
10. Where does Daisy say she wound up when she returned to New York?
(a) At Leah's house.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) At her stepmother's.
(d) At her grandmother's.
11. What does Daisy say has become a "fanatic compulsion"?
(a) Finding enough berries to eat.
(b) Touching each other at night.
(c) Walking eight miles a day.
(d) Keeping the blankets dry.
12. How long does the occupation last?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Eleven weeks.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Thirty-nine days.
13. What does Daisy say she was dying of?
14. What does Daisy say she and Piper do to pass the time in Chapter 28?
(a) Clean the house.
(c) Search for Edmond.
(d) Stay alive.
15. What is the expression Daisy has when the military officials say they plan to take over the house?
(a) Shy with a touch of cute.
(b) Blank bordering on sullen.
(c) Happy but respectful.
(d) Sad and tearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's reaction when Joe is shot?
2. How does Jet prove his value in this area?
3. What do Piper and Daisy do while Mrs. McEvoy is crying in grief over her husband's death?
4. What does Daisy feel when she thinks back on Joe's death later that night?
5. What does Baz bring for Piper and Daisy to eat their first morning in the barn that is being used as a military barracks?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)