|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jet prove his value in this area?
(a) He barks when someone comes near.
(b) He takes a message to Edmond.
(c) He chases rabbits from the garden.
(d) He brings Alby to Major McEvoy.
2. What is the weather like on the day Piper and Daisy go fishing?
(a) Misty and hot.
(b) Sunny and cold.
(c) Cloudy and drizzling rain.
(d) Cloudy and hot.
3. What does Daisy say she prays for in Chapter 27?
(a) That the food they'd left is safe and not rotten.
(b) That soldiers won't find them.
(c) That Edmond and Isaac will come home.
(d) That Piper will stop crying.
4. What does Daisy say about her skills with maps?
(a) That she isn't good at them.
(b) That she'll have to make her own.
(c) That she's very good at them.
(d) That she's never seen one before.
5. Where is Jet when Piper and Daisy are leaving the McEvoy house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the pasture.
(c) He can't be found.
(d) In the truck.
6. What does Baz bring for Piper and Daisy to eat their first morning in the barn that is being used as a military barracks?
(a) Curds, bread, and tea.
(b) Pancakes, eggs, and orange juice.
(c) Oatmeal, milk, and tea.
(d) Coffee, biscuits, and bacon.
7. What does Alby hit Daisy and Piper with repeatedly?
(a) A book.
(b) A rope.
(c) A plastic sword.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions posed by the British Army official who comes to see Daisy and the cousins?
(a) How many outbuildings are there?
(b) Does the roof leak?
(c) How many rooms there are in the house.
(d) How much money is in the house.
9. What does Daisy see Baz doing one night at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Stealing food.
(b) Cleaning his gun.
(c) Kissing Mrs. McEvoy.
(d) Keeping watch over her and Piper.
10. Who brings Major McEvoy's body home?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. McEvoy's brothers.
(c) Frankie and some friends.
(d) Mrs. McEvoy's cousins.
11. How many bodies does Daisy find at Gateshead Farm?
12. What is Meadow Brook Farm famous for?
(a) Being the summer home of the Queen.
(b) Being the largest dairy farm in fifty miles.
(c) Being the home of a famous poet.
(d) Being the largest apple orchard in the county.
13. What does Daisy believe she's hearing the night Jet joins them in the lambing barn?
(a) A cat with her young kittens.
(b) A pack of wild dogs.
(c) Foxes or wolves.
(d) Edmond or a rat.
14. What does Piper say she'd always thought her sister would be named?
15. What is it about finding the town named Strup that makes Daisy cry?
(a) She finds Osbert's body.
(b) She can't find it on the map.
(c) There are several dead cows in a barn.
(d) There are soldiers guarding the only bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say most of the army guys want to say to Piper?
2. How long does Daisy have to travel to reach England when the borders are opened again for travel after the war?
3. What does Daisy use as a lid when she and Piper are cooking their meal over a fire in Chapter 25?
4. How long does the occupation last?
5. Why does Daisy believe Dr. Jameson might have had something to do with the arrival of the British military?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)