|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy believe Dr. Jameson might have had something to do with the arrival of the British military?
(a) She doesn't think he sent them.
(b) Because the officials said he'd sent them.
(c) Because he'd been their only visitor just a few days earlier.
(d) Because he'd said he would send the authorities.
2. What time is it when Daisy and Piper are wakened to the sound of gunfire?
(a) Six in the morning.
(b) Four in the morning.
3. Why does Daisy say she doesn't tell everyone about her meetings with Edmond in Chapter 18?
(a) She doesn't want to share the time.
(b) She can't be sure it's Edmond.
(c) She doesn't realize what's really happening.
(d) She believes they might think she's crazy.
4. What is the final thing Daisy says to Edmond as she and Piper are being taken away?
(a) Please come with me.
(b) I'll find you.
(c) I love you.
(d) Don't worry, I'm not leaving.
5. What is the weather like on the day Piper and Daisy go fishing?
(a) Cloudy and drizzling rain.
(b) Sunny and cold.
(c) Cloudy and hot.
(d) Misty and hot.
6. What is the expression Daisy has when the military officials say they plan to take over the house?
(a) Happy but respectful.
(b) Shy with a touch of cute.
(c) Blank bordering on sullen.
(d) Sad and tearful.
7. What does Daisy say she was dying of?
8. What does Daisy say has become a "fanatic compulsion"?
(a) Touching each other at night.
(b) Walking eight miles a day.
(c) Keeping the blankets dry.
(d) Finding enough berries to eat.
9. Why is Mrs. McEvoy worried about her older son?
(a) He has been taken hostage.
(b) He was in the army and has gone missing.
(c) He was away at school and she hasn't heard from him.
(d) He is running around with a wild crowd.
10. What are the last words Baz says to Piper before leaving them?
(a) I love you.
(b) You have to hide.
(c) Find me after the war.
(d) Daisy will take care of you.
11. What is Meadow Brook Farm famous for?
(a) Being the largest dairy farm in fifty miles.
(b) Being the largest apple orchard in the county.
(c) Being the home of a famous poet.
(d) Being the summer home of the Queen.
12. What is the food Daisy spends most of her time finding and storing?
13. Why are Daisy and Piper at the house on the day the telephone rings?
(a) They were looking for food.
(b) Piper wanted a bath.
(c) They were hoping Edmund had returned.
(d) They were cleaning the house.
14. How many bodies does Daisy find at Gateshead Farm?
15. What is Daisy's first job on the farm in Chapter 20?
(a) Raking hay.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Picking strawberries.
(d) Picking apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Daisy and Piper find the river?
2. What does Daisy use as a lid when she and Piper are cooking their meal over a fire in Chapter 25?
3. Who is Albert?
4. What is the sound Daisy can hear as she falls asleep in Piper's bed their first night at the McEvoy's house?
5. What month is it when Daisy and Piper arrive at Gateshead Farm?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)