|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the two letters Daisy receives in Chapter 7?
(a) Davina and Leah.
(b) Leah and Lyle.
(c) Leah and Gregory.
(d) Her dad and Leah.
2. Where did Miss Valerie Greene work as a teacher?
(a) West Side Christian Academy.
(b) Nightingale-Bamford School for Girls.
(c) Thomas Jefferson Elementary School.
(d) New York City High School #27
3. What book prompts Piper's decision they have to find and cook all their own food?
(a) English Guide to Wilderness Life.
(b) Surving a Military Invasion.
(c) Boy Scout Survival Guide.
(d) Girl Scout Survival Guide.
4. What is the statue in one corner of the garden?
(a) A frog.
(b) A Grecian lady.
(c) A stone angel.
(d) A gnome.
5. How many kids are staring at Daisy through the window of the vehicle when she first sees them at the farm?
6. Why does Piper say she threw blossoms all over Edmond and Daisy?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) To share her happiness.
(c) For love.
(d) To make them smell better.
7. When do the men say rationing will start?
(a) Any day.
(b) By Christmas.
(d) In a few months.
8. What was the name of the painting Daisy had copied in a class once?
(a) The Sea of Heartbreak.
(b) The Day Before the End.
(c) The Last Day of Time.
(d) The Calm Before the Storm.
9. Where do the children go each day?
(a) To the train station in case Aunt Penn comes home.
(b) To the village.
(c) To a neighbor's house to watch news on television.
(d) To the police station in search of news.
10. What is the last question Dr. Jameson asks before he leaves?
(a) If the children need anything.
(b) If the children can help on a nearby farm.
(c) If the children have someplace to go.
(d) If there is any money in the house.
11. How old is Osbert when Daisy arrives in England?
12. What is the room at the short side of the "L-shaped" farmhouse?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The study.
(d) Aunt Penn's bedroom.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the rumors being circulated about the Queen?
(a) That she's one of them.
(b) That she's bearing up.
(c) That she's breaking down.
(d) That she's in prison.
14. Where is Daisy from?
(d) New York City.
15. What is there for lunch the first time Daisy meets Aunt Penn?
(a) Peas and cornbread.
(b) Soup, cheese and bread.
(c) Meat, bread and chips.
(d) Fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say is the worst part of their daily trips?
2. What does Edmond say when Daisy asks if he ever thinks about dying?
3. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
4. Who is it who has told Daisy that to "keep his counsel" means not spreading gossip?
5. Why does Daisy say "Shrinks don't count" as people who listen to her?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)