|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
2. How old is Daisy upon her arrival in England?
3. What are two of the health questions the two men ask Daisy and the cousins in Chapter 9?
(a) If they have medicine and bandages in the house.
(b) If they have had flu shots and take vitamins.
(c) If they have appendicitis or scurvy.
(d) If they have smallpox or chicken pox.
4. What is there for lunch the first time Daisy meets Aunt Penn?
(a) Peas and cornbread.
(b) Fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes.
(c) Meat, bread and chips.
(d) Soup, cheese and bread.
5. What was the name of the painting Daisy had copied in a class once?
(a) The Calm Before the Storm.
(b) The Day Before the End.
(c) The Sea of Heartbreak.
(d) The Last Day of Time.
6. What do the two men do when they discover Osbert is the oldest person on the premises?
(b) Say they'll send military officials.
(c) Say they'll look for Aunt Penn.
(d) Say the children will have to live with relatives.
7. Which of the following was one of the precautions written on the flyer the children received with their rations?
(a) Wash all produce before eating.
(b) Be careful when handling firearms.
(c) Remember to drink plenty of fluids.
(d) Hide whenever planes flyover.
8. Who does Daisy expect will meet her at the London airport?
(b) Aunt Penn.
9. What is "scooting around" the yard behind a bunch of ducks?
10. How many kids are staring at Daisy through the window of the vehicle when she first sees them at the farm?
11. What is the song Piper is singing?
(a) Daisy doesn't know it.
(b) Turkey in the Straw.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
12. What kind of bird does Daisy hear that Edmond identifies for her?
(a) Blue Jay.
13. What does Daisy say is the worst part of their daily trips?
(a) Fearing they'll be attacked on the road.
(b) Fearing Aunt Penn won't ever come home.
(c) Hearing the theories of what's going on.
(d) Fearing the house will burn down.
14. What is the first thing Daisy does when she wakes from her long nap in Chapter 4?
(a) Changes her clothes.
(b) Goes looking for the bathroom.
(c) Checks her phone for messages.
(d) Asks for tea.
15. Why does Daisy say she gagged when she ate that food?
(a) She crammed too much in her mouth.
(b) It's too greasy.
(c) She found out the dog had licked it.
(d) It tastes like pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do Daisy and her driver pay to leave the airport parking lot?
2. What is the farmhouse made of?
3. Who wakes Daisy in Chapter 5?
4. How many kids does the family have that has moved to the village from London?
5. Why do people sometimes "borrow" Isaac when they are considering getting a new dog?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)