|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piper use to decorate Ding's horns while the children are playing near the river?
(b) Blossoms from a plum tree.
(c) Poppies and daisies.
(d) Wild roses.
2. How old is Daisy upon her arrival in England?
3. What does Daisy say is the sound Piper makes when she discovers Daisy is awake?
(a) A cat purr.
(b) A mouse cheer.
(c) A banshee scream.
(d) A cuckoo laugh.
4. When do the men say rationing will start?
(a) In a few months.
(b) Any day.
(d) By Christmas.
5. What is the first thing Daisy does when she wakes from her long nap in Chapter 4?
(a) Asks for tea.
(b) Goes looking for the bathroom.
(c) Checks her phone for messages.
(d) Changes her clothes.
6. What is the nickname Daisy has for her stepmother?
(a) Davina the Diabolical.
(b) Debra the Devil.
(c) Wanda the Wicked.
(d) The Wicked Witch of the West.
7. What is the news Osbert has when he enters the house after Daisy has written a letter to Leah?
(a) That he is joining the army.
(b) That Aunt Penn is dead.
(c) That the U.S. has been bombed.
(d) That there is an outbreak of smallpox.
8. What are the items Daisy and Edmond buy in the village the day after the war officially begins?
(a) Candles and matches.
(b) Sugar and flour.
(c) Sodas and gasoline.
(d) Bottled water and canned food.
9. Who brings Daisy blankets for her bed?
(c) Aunt Penn.
10. What is there for lunch the first time Daisy meets Aunt Penn?
(a) Fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes.
(b) Meat, bread and chips.
(c) Soup, cheese and bread.
(d) Peas and cornbread.
11. Who actually meets Daisy at the London airport?
(d) Aunt Penn.
12. What did Miss Valerie Greene teach?
(c) American Literature.
(d) Social Studies.
13. Where do Isaac, Edmond, and Piper go to school?
(a) They are homeschooled.
(b) Jefferson Middle School.
(c) Christian Academy.
(d) Oslo Junior High School.
14. Why do people sometimes "borrow" Isaac when they are considering getting a new dog?
(a) He can tell if the dog is going to be lazy.
(b) He can tell if the dog is healthy.
(c) He can tell if something isn't right about the dog.
(d) He can tell how big the dog is going to become.
15. What do the cousins eat the first night they stay in the lambing barn?
(a) Potatoes and eggs.
(b) Mushrooms soup.
(c) Bacon sandwiches.
(d) Chips and dip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the roses blooming on the front of the house?
2. What is the outing the cousins have planned for the day?
3. What is the statue in one corner of the garden?
4. What is the smell Daisy detects from outside the night she and Piper are reading "Flashman"?
5. What kind of blanket does Daisy use on her bed?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)