|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say is the thing that "mostly" changes everything?
(a) Her father's marriage.
(c) The war.
(d) Her mother's death.
2. How much do Daisy and her driver pay to leave the airport parking lot?
(b) L 13.50.
(c) L 33.50
(d) L 23.50
3. What kind of blanket does Daisy use on her bed?
(a) A crocheted afghan.
(b) A black sheep blanket.
(c) A patchwork quilt.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. Who is left in the living room with Dr. Jameson when some of the children go to look for medicine?
5. What are the three things the children get regularly in their ration supplies?
(a) Peanut butter, sugar, and bread.
(b) Beans, rice, and bacon.
(c) Corn, flour, and milk.
(d) Lunch meat, fruit, and sodas.
6. What are the names of the goat and dog Daisy sees upon her arrival at the farm?
(a) Plane and Whiskey.
(b) Claude and Claudette.
(c) Jet and Gin.
(d) Nanny and Bert.
7. Who does Daisy discover is providing the food being rationed to the families in the area?
(a) The English military.
(b) The American military.
(c) The German military.
(d) She doesn't know.
8. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
9. Why does Daisy say the family gets four pints of milk as part of their daily rations?
(a) They are only getting two.
(b) Because there is plenty of milk available.
(c) Because they're children.
(d) Because they are contributing goat milk to the supplies.
10. Where did Miss Valerie Greene work as a teacher?
(a) New York City High School #27
(b) West Side Christian Academy.
(c) Thomas Jefferson Elementary School.
(d) Nightingale-Bamford School for Girls.
11. What is under the bed in Daisy's room?
(a) A big striped cat.
(b) Boxes of books.
(c) Dust bunnies.
(d) An extra mattress.
12. Where do the children go each day?
(a) To the train station in case Aunt Penn comes home.
(b) To the police station in search of news.
(c) To a neighbor's house to watch news on television.
(d) To the village.
13. Why do people sometimes "borrow" Isaac when they are considering getting a new dog?
(a) He can tell if the dog is going to be lazy.
(b) He can tell if something isn't right about the dog.
(c) He can tell how big the dog is going to become.
(d) He can tell if the dog is healthy.
14. What is Edmond doing when Daisy finds him in the barn in Chapter 9?
(a) Repairing a hoe handle.
(b) Brushing the dog.
(c) Milking the goats.
(d) Feeding the kittens.
15. What does Edmond say when Daisy asks if he ever thinks about dying?
(b) She doesn't ask him.
(c) Only since the war began.
(d) All the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy say "Shrinks don't count" as people who listen to her?
2. What is the song Piper is singing?
3. What is the first thing Daisy does when she wakes from her long nap in Chapter 4?
4. What are two of the health questions the two men ask Daisy and the cousins in Chapter 9?
5. Who brings Daisy blankets for her bed?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)