|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family keep animals, according to Osbert?
(a) For protection.
(b) For decoration.
(c) For showing in the fair.
(d) For food in case of a shortage during the war.
2. Where does Daisy live in New York?
(a) Central Avenue.
(b) Martin Luther King Boulevard.
(c) Eighty-Sixth Street.
(d) Elm Drive.
3. What are the military officials eating for lunch on the day they arrive to take over the house?
(a) Potatoes and onlins.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
(d) Rice and beans.
4. How long does it take Daisy and Piper to get a fire started in Chapter 25?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
5. What is the topic Daisy discusses with many of the soldiers during their days in the barn?
(a) Their families.
(b) The war.
(c) Survival skills.
(d) Her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the rumors being circulated about the Queen?
2. Who is it who has told Daisy that to "keep his counsel" means not spreading gossip?
3. What does Edmond say when Daisy asks if he ever thinks about dying?
4. What do Piper and Daisy do while Mrs. McEvoy is crying in grief over her husband's death?
5. How long does the occupation last?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)