|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Osbert wish he and his friends could do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Find girlfriends.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Move to London and be a spy.
2. What is the nickname Daisy has for her stepmother?
(a) Wanda the Wicked.
(b) The Wicked Witch of the West.
(c) Davina the Diabolical.
(d) Debra the Devil.
3. Why is Jet such a valuable commodity?
(a) He is trained to carry messages.
(b) He alerts the family to intruders.
(c) He chases animals out of the garden.
(d) There is no fuel for the vehicles used to herd animals.
4. What does Daisy say is their ticket to getting back home?
(a) Getting a map and a compass.
(b) Finding someone to take them.
(c) Following the river.
(d) Joining the war effort.
5. Why does the family keep animals, according to Osbert?
(a) For protection.
(b) For food in case of a shortage during the war.
(c) For showing in the fair.
(d) For decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Miss Valerie Greene work as a teacher?
2. What kind of fish does Piper catch?
3. How often do the trucks leave food for the family after the beginning of the smallpox epidemic?
4. What does Dr. Jameson ask for when he visits the children?
5. What kind of blanket does Daisy use on her bed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)