|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family keep animals, according to Osbert?
(a) For food in case of a shortage during the war.
(b) For protection.
(c) For showing in the fair.
(d) For decoration.
2. How often does Daisy's father want to talk about Daisy's mother?
(a) Only around the holidays.
(c) Whenever Daisy has questions.
(d) Only when he's drunk.
3. What are the three things the children get regularly in their ration supplies?
(a) Lunch meat, fruit, and sodas.
(b) Beans, rice, and bacon.
(c) Corn, flour, and milk.
(d) Peanut butter, sugar, and bread.
4. What do the cousins eat the first night they stay in the lambing barn?
(a) Chips and dip.
(b) Potatoes and eggs.
(c) Bacon sandwiches.
(d) Mushrooms soup.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions posed by the British Army official who comes to see Daisy and the cousins?
(a) How many rooms there are in the house.
(b) Does the roof leak?
(c) How many outbuildings are there?
(d) How much money is in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy and Piper are wakened to the sound of gunfire?
2. Daisy gives an example to explain how Isaac connects with animals. How many kittens does the cat in her example have?
3. What is the game Piper and Daisy play to help pass the time while they walk?
4. What is the word Aunt Penn uses to describe Daisy that comes as such a surprise to Daisy?
5. What is the drink Edmond brings to Daisy when she wishes for something cold to drink?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)