|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Daisy in Chapter 5?
(d) Aunt Penn.
2. What are the military officials eating for lunch on the day they arrive to take over the house?
(b) Rice and beans.
(c) Chicken and dumplings.
(d) Potatoes and onlins.
3. What do the cousins eat the first night they stay in the lambing barn?
(a) Chips and dip.
(b) Bacon sandwiches.
(c) Mushrooms soup.
(d) Potatoes and eggs.
4. Who goes inside to tell Mrs. McEvoy that her husband has been killed?
(c) The driver of the truck.
5. What is the food Daisy and Piper find growing along a stone wall near the path they are following that first morning?
(a) Wild onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids does the family have that has moved to the village from London?
2. How long does Daisy have to travel to reach England when the borders are opened again for travel after the war?
3. What does Baz bring for Piper and Daisy to eat their first morning in the barn that is being used as a military barracks?
4. When do the men say rationing will start?
5. What is the game Piper and Daisy play to help pass the time while they walk?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)