|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname Daisy has for her stepmother?
(a) Wanda the Wicked.
(b) Debra the Devil.
(c) Davina the Diabolical.
(d) The Wicked Witch of the West.
2. What is the news Osbert has when he enters the house after Daisy has written a letter to Leah?
(a) That there is an outbreak of smallpox.
(b) That he is joining the army.
(c) That the U.S. has been bombed.
(d) That Aunt Penn is dead.
3. What is Edmond doing when Daisy finds him in the barn in Chapter 9?
(a) Feeding the kittens.
(b) Brushing the dog.
(c) Milking the goats.
(d) Repairing a hoe handle.
4. Where does Daisy live in New York?
(a) Elm Drive.
(b) Martin Luther King Boulevard.
(c) Eighty-Sixth Street.
(d) Central Avenue.
5. Where do the children go each day?
(a) To the police station in search of news.
(b) To a neighbor's house to watch news on television.
(c) To the train station in case Aunt Penn comes home.
(d) To the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Daisy in Chapter 5?
2. Who brings Daisy blankets for her bed?
3. What kind of blanket does Daisy use on her bed?
4. What is the drink Edmond brings to Daisy when she wishes for something cold to drink?
5. What is "scooting around" the yard behind a bunch of ducks?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)