|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last question Dr. Jameson asks before he leaves?
(a) If the children can help on a nearby farm.
(b) If the children have someplace to go.
(c) If there is any money in the house.
(d) If the children need anything.
2. What does Piper say she'd always thought her sister would be named?
3. What kind of tree is near the river on the day Daisy and the others go swimming in Chapter 13?
(a) Oak tree.
(b) Pear tree.
(c) Apple tree.
(d) Dogwood tree.
4. How often do the trucks leave food for the family after the beginning of the smallpox epidemic?
(a) Two times each week.
(b) Every other week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Three times a month.
5. What does Piper give Daisy when they go for a walk around the farm for the first time?
(a) A chicken egg.
(b) A bunch of flowers.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A newborn kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the precautions written on the flyer the children received with their rations?
2. What are the names of the goat and dog Daisy sees upon her arrival at the farm?
3. What does Major McEvoy say was one of the first things to be taken over by the enemy?
4. Why is the milking of cows on area farms a problem since the war began?
5. What is the song Piper is singing?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)