|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmond do sometimes to get away from Gin?
(a) Locks her in his bedroom.
(b) Locks her in Piper's room.
(c) Locks her in the barn.
(d) Locks her in the kitchen.
2. What does Daisy do during the trip from the airport to her cousins' farm?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Answers questions about her family.
(c) Asks questions about the family.
3. What is the room at the short side of the "L-shaped" farmhouse?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Aunt Penn's bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The study.
4. What kind of bird does Daisy hear that Edmond identifies for her?
(c) Blue Jay.
5. Why does Daisy say she gagged when she ate that food?
(a) She crammed too much in her mouth.
(b) It's too greasy.
(c) It tastes like pig.
(d) She found out the dog had licked it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daisy gives an example to explain how Isaac connects with animals. How many kittens does the cat in her example have?
2. What kind of tree is near the river on the day Daisy and the others go swimming in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Daisy discover is providing the food being rationed to the families in the area?
4. When do the men say rationing will start?
5. Where is Aunt Penn going in Chapter 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)