|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is expelled.
(b) He is jailed.
(c) He is fined.
(d) He is freed without repercussions.
2. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) His parents.
(b) The law.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Huw ask Gruffydd about in Chapter 23?
4. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
5. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
2. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
3. Where does Gruffydd decide to go in Chapter 34?
4. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
5. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Huw feel when he almost gets into trouble for being out on the mountain with Ceinwen?
2. Who does Angharad marry, and how does she feel about it?
3. How does the novel reflect the interwoven quality of family?
4. What happens to Mr. Jonas in Chapter 19, and why?
5. Who does Huw lose his virginity to, and what does he say afterward?
6. Why are Olwen and Bronwen threatened by striking workers in Chapter 40?
7. Where do the Morgan boys move to in Chapter 39?
8. How does Gwilym react to Beth's absence when she goes to London to visit her kids?
9. Why does Huw move in with Bronwen?
10. Why is Huw expelled from school?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)