|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
2. Who does Angharad marry?
3. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
4. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
5. Where does Angharad live in Chapter 31?
(b) The Tyn-y-Coed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen marry?
2. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
3. What does Huw work as in Chapter 40?
4. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
5. Who scores against Scotland in a game in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Olwen and Bronwen threatened by striking workers in Chapter 40?
2. What does Mrs. Nicholas gossip about in Chapter 32?
3. Where do the Morgan boys move to in Chapter 39?
4. How does Huw react to witnessing his first prizefight?
5. How does the novel reflect the interwoven quality of family?
6. Why is Gruffydd depressed?
7. Why doesn't Bronwen remarry?
8. Why doesn't Huw give in to Ceinwen in Chapter 24?
9. Describe the "game of women."
10. Why does a mob form outside of Hamlet?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)