|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Huw walk regularly with in nature?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What nationality is Mr. Jonas partly?
3. What is the name of the local tavern?
(a) Three Bells.
(b) Three Doves.
(c) Three Loves.
(d) Four Bells.
4. What is wrong with the woman that runs the boardinghouse?
(a) She's dead.
(b) She's mentally ill.
(c) She's a drunkard.
(d) She has run away.
5. What causes tension in the household in Chapter 6?
(a) The formation of a union.
(b) Gwilym's tantrums.
(c) The increase in wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises Huw that he will be well when the daffodils bloom?
2. What age was Huw's mother when she met his father?
3. Who is Davy's girlfriend?
4. What happens to Beth when hiking home in bad weather?
5. What language does Huw speak at the National School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Owen's love for Marged and why?
2. What is Huw doing at the beginning of the novel (as an adult)?
3. How does the valley govern itself (i.e., upon what principles)?
4. Describe the wedding in Chapter 2.
5. How does Huw describe his childhood?
6. What happens to Beth in Chapter 6?
7. What does Gwilym senior think of women's tears?
8. What injuries does Huw suffer from the fall into the river, and how long does he take to recover?
9. Describe the church incident in which Huw speaks out against Mr. Parry.
10. Describe Ianto.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)