|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Huw's eldest brother returning from in Chapter 12?
2. What is Bronwen's father's profession?
3. What is Huw impressed with at Ivor's wedding?
(b) The food is outstanding.
(c) How beautifully everyone is dressed.
(d) The decorations are beautiful.
4. What language does Huw speak at the National School?
5. What is Huw's teacher's name at the National School?
(a) Mr. Jonas.
(b) Mr. Morgan.
(c) Mr. Parry.
(d) Mr. Gruffydd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mrs. Jenkins' husband?
2. How many children does Mrs. Beynon have, including her newborn?
3. How does Gwilym welcome back his sons in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Marged confuse Huw for in Chapter 15?
5. Who completes a solo performance in church in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ianto's outburst against the preachers.
2. What is Huw doing at the beginning of the novel (as an adult)?
3. Why does Angharad leave home in Chapter 5?
4. What does Gwilym senior think of women's tears?
5. What causes Huw to start thinking for himself in his childhood?
6. Describe how Beth and Gwilym met.
7. Who is Mrs. Jenkins?
8. How is the village portrayed in Chapter 1?
9. What does Gwilym senior think of unions early on in the novel?
10. How does Huw's experience with Marged affect him?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)