|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Angharad go while Iestyn is gone for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(b) New York.
2. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
3. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
4. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
5. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
6. Who suggests that someone should go live with Bronwen after she is widowed?
7. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(b) Gwilym and Owen.
8. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
9. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) The law.
(b) Her children.
(c) His parents.
(d) Her parents.
10. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Treasure Island.
11. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(d) New York.
12. Where does Gruffydd decide to go in Chapter 34?
(a) New York.
13. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
(a) An ivory baton.
(b) A Bible.
(c) An engine.
(d) A wooden stick.
14. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
(a) A stable.
(b) A park.
(c) Someone's house.
(d) The Morgan house.
15. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does Huw take Ceinwen to?
2. Who does Owen marry?
3. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
4. Who brings breakfast for the manager and clerks in Chapter 41?
5. What does Ceinwen bring Huw in Chapter 19?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)