|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(d) New York.
2. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
3. Who brings breakfast for the manager and clerks in Chapter 41?
4. Who does Owen marry?
5. Who does Ceridwen marry?
6. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
7. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) A letter.
(b) His watch.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) His Bible.
8. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
9. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(d) Workers' compensation for injury.
10. Who might buy Owen's engine patent?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) An Irishman.
(c) A Spaniard.
(d) An American.
11. Who does Angharad marry?
12. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
13. Who goes to visit Ceridwen and Angharad in London?
14. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is expelled.
(b) He is jailed.
(c) He is freed without repercussions.
(d) He is fined.
15. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(a) Mr. Jonas.
(b) Evan John's.
(c) Chris Phillip's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
2. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
3. Who gossips about Angharad and Gruffydd in Chapter 32?
4. What play does Huw take Ceinwen to?
5. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)