|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since what age has Davy worked in the colliery?
2. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
3. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
(a) An ivory baton.
(b) An engine.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A wooden stick.
4. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
5. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(b) Dai and Cyfartha.
6. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
7. Who is Angharad in love with?
8. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her parents.
(c) His parents.
(d) The law.
9. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
10. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) In Three Valleys.
(c) Three Bells.
(d) Windsor Castle.
11. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(a) Chris Phillip's.
(b) Evan John's.
(c) Mr. Jonas.
12. Who brings breakfast for the manager and clerks in Chapter 41?
13. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) A letter.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) His watch.
14. Who scores against Scotland in a game in Chapter 27?
15. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the colliery?
2. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
3. What does Ceinwen bring Huw in Chapter 19?
4. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
5. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)