|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Huw and his father buy from Hwfa Williams?
2. Who owns the colliery?
3. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(a) Workers' compensation for injury.
4. Where will Angharad go while Iestyn is gone for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(a) New York.
5. Who brings breakfast for the manager and clerks in Chapter 41?
6. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
7. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
9. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
(a) At the Morgan house.
(d) The Town Hall.
10. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
11. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
12. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
13. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
14. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
15. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is freed without repercussions.
(b) He is fined.
(c) He is expelled.
(d) He is jailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
2. Where does Angharad live in Chapter 31?
3. Who goes to visit Ceridwen and Angharad in London?
4. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
5. Where will Ianto move to in Chapter 39?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)