|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) Her parents.
(b) His parents.
(c) Her children.
(d) The law.
2. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
3. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(a) Evan John's.
(b) Mr. Jonas.
(c) Chris Phillip's.
4. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
(c) New York.
5. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
6. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His watch.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) A letter.
7. Where does Gruffydd decide to go in Chapter 34?
(c) New York.
8. Who dies in Chapter 31?
9. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
10. What does Huw work as in Chapter 32?
11. Who does Angharad marry?
12. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
13. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A wooden stick.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A signed picture.
(d) An engine.
14. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
(b) The Town Hall.
(d) At the Morgan house.
15. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
2. Who has twins?
3. Who does Owen marry?
4. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
5. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)