|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
(a) Abishai Elias.
2. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
3. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) His parents.
(b) Her children.
(c) The law.
(d) Her parents.
4. Who does Owen marry?
5. What do Huw and his father buy from Hwfa Williams?
6. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
7. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(b) New York.
8. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(b) Workers' compensation for injury.
9. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
10. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
11. Who works to end the sliding pay scale?
(c) Davy and Ianto.
12. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
13. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(b) Gwilym and Owen.
14. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
15. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
2. What does Ceinwen bring Huw in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Ceridwen marry?
4. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
5. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)