|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gossips about Angharad and Gruffydd in Chapter 32?
(c) Mrs. Nicholas.
2. Who does Angharad marry?
3. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
4. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Treasure Island.
5. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(a) Gwilym and Owen.
6. Who owns the colliery?
7. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is freed without repercussions.
(b) He is fined.
(c) He is jailed.
(d) He is expelled.
8. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
9. What is damaged in Dai's brutal boxing match that Huw witnesses?
(a) His arms.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His vision.
(d) His legs.
10. Who wins the boxing match that Huw goes to watch?
(b) It was a draw.
11. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
12. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(b) Chris Phillip's.
(c) Evan John's.
(d) Mr. Jonas.
13. Who is Angharad in love with?
14. Who does Gwilym injure for saying that Gruffydd is unclean?
(c) Chris Phillips.
(d) Isaac Wynn.
15. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
(a) An engine.
(b) A wooden stick.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An ivory baton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that someone should go live with Bronwen after she is widowed?
2. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
3. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
4. Who works to end the sliding pay scale?
5. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)