|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Owen marry?
2. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) His favorite book.
(b) His Bible.
(c) A letter.
(d) His watch.
3. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
4. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
(c) Abishai Elias.
5. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
6. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
7. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
(a) Three Bells.
(b) Windsor Castle.
(c) In Three Valleys.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
8. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
9. Where will Angharad go in Chapter 34?
(a) New York.
(d) Cape Town.
10. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
(a) Someone's house.
(b) A stable.
(c) The Morgan house.
(d) A park.
11. Who wins the boxing match that Huw goes to watch?
(b) It was a draw.
12. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
13. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
14. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(c) Dai and Cyfartha.
15. Who might buy Owen's engine patent?
(a) A Spaniard.
(b) An Irishman.
(c) An American.
(d) An Englishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
2. Who owns the colliery?
3. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
4. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
5. Where does Owen send a newspaper article that announces Iestyn's marriage from?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)