|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Angharad go while Iestyn is gone for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(d) New York.
2. What does Huw ask Gruffydd about in Chapter 23?
3. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
4. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
5. Where will Angharad go in Chapter 34?
(b) Cape Town.
(d) New York.
6. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(a) Dai and Cyfartha.
7. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
8. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) His parents.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The law.
9. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(c) New York.
10. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
11. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Treasure Island.
12. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is fined.
(b) He is freed without repercussions.
(c) He is expelled.
(d) He is jailed.
13. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 days.
14. Where does Gruffydd decide to go in Chapter 34?
(b) New York.
15. Who does Owen marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
2. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
3. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
4. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
5. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)