|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is damaged in Dai's brutal boxing match that Huw witnesses?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His vision.
(d) His arms.
2. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
3. Who works to end the sliding pay scale?
(a) Davy and Ianto.
4. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
5. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A wooden stick.
(b) An engine.
(c) A signed picture.
(d) A Bible.
6. Who is trapped in the winding-house in Chapter 41?
7. Who scores against Scotland in a game in Chapter 27?
8. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(c) New York.
9. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
10. Where will Ianto move to in Chapter 39?
(b) New Zealand.
11. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
12. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
13. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
14. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
(a) An engine.
(b) An ivory baton.
(c) A wooden stick.
(d) A Bible.
15. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
2. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
3. Who dies in Chapter 31?
4. Who gossips about Angharad and Gruffydd in Chapter 32?
5. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)