|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has twins?
2. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(c) Gwilym and Owen.
3. Who goes to visit Ceridwen and Angharad in London?
4. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
5. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
6. Who owns the colliery?
7. What does Ceinwen bring Huw in Chapter 19?
(a) An ivory baton.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A ruler.
8. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
9. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
10. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) His favorite book.
(b) His watch.
(c) A letter.
(d) His Bible.
11. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) The law.
(b) His parents.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her parents.
12. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is fined.
(b) He is expelled.
(c) He is freed without repercussions.
(d) He is jailed.
13. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A signed picture.
(b) A Bible.
(c) An engine.
(d) A wooden stick.
14. What does Huw work as in Chapter 32?
15. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
2. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
3. Who does Angharad marry?
4. Who is Angharad in love with?
5. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)