|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ceinwen bring Huw in Chapter 19?
(a) An ivory baton.
(b) A ruler.
(d) A pencil.
2. What happens to Huw after he attacks Jonas in Chapter 27?
(a) He is expelled.
(b) He is jailed.
(c) He is freed without repercussions.
(d) He is fined.
3. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
4. Who does Owen marry?
5. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
6. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
7. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
8. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
9. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The law.
(d) His parents.
10. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
11. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
12. Who does Angharad marry?
13. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
(a) A park.
(b) A stable.
(c) Someone's house.
(d) The Morgan house.
14. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
15. Who is Angharad in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is damaged in Dai's brutal boxing match that Huw witnesses?
2. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
3. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
4. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
5. Who brings breakfast for the manager and clerks in Chapter 41?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)