|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
2. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
3. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
4. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
5. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) A letter.
(d) His watch.
6. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
7. Who is fired after working to end the sliding pay scale?
8. Who suggests that someone should go live with Bronwen after she is widowed?
9. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(c) New York.
10. Who owns the colliery?
11. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
12. Who does Gwilym injure for saying that Gruffydd is unclean?
(c) Chris Phillips.
(d) Isaac Wynn.
13. How many times does Huw hit Jonas in Chapter 21?
14. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A signed picture.
(b) An engine.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A wooden stick.
15. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(b) Workers' compensation for injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
2. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
3. What does Huw ask Gruffydd about in Chapter 23?
4. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
5. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)