|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does Huw take Ceinwen to?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) As You Like It.
2. Who is fired after working to end the sliding pay scale?
3. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
4. Who does Owen marry?
5. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
6. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
7. What does Huw work as in Chapter 40?
8. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) A letter.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) His watch.
(d) His Bible.
9. Who dies in Chapter 31?
10. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
11. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A wooden stick.
(b) A signed picture.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An engine.
12. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
13. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
14. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) Three Bells.
(c) In Three Valleys.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
15. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(b) Gwilym and Owen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ceridwen marry?
2. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
3. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
4. What do Huw and his father buy from Hwfa Williams?
5. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)