|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the boxing match that Huw goes to watch?
(c) It was a draw.
2. Who does Angharad marry?
3. Who dies in Chapter 31?
4. Who is offered a home at the Tyn-y-Coed?
5. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
6. Where does Angharad live in Chapter 31?
(a) The Tyn-y-Coed.
7. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(b) Evan John's.
(c) Chris Phillip's.
(d) Mr. Jonas.
8. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(c) New York.
9. Where does Owen leave to after he receives a telegram about his engine?
(a) New York.
10. Since what age has Davy worked in the colliery?
11. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Great Expectations.
12. Who scores against Scotland in a game in Chapter 27?
13. Who suggests that someone should go live with Bronwen after she is widowed?
14. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
15. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
2. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
3. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
4. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
5. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)