|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
(a) The law.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her parents.
(d) His parents.
2. Who is Angharad in love with?
3. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
4. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Treasure Island.
5. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
6. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Since what age has Davy worked in the colliery?
8. What does Gruffydd give Huw before he leaves in Chapter 36?
(a) A letter.
(b) His watch.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) His Bible.
9. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(a) Chris Phillip's.
(c) Evan John's.
(d) Mr. Jonas.
10. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
11. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
12. Where does Angharad live in Chapter 31?
(c) The Tyn-y-Coed.
13. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A signed picture.
(c) An engine.
(d) A wooden stick.
14. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
15. What does Huw work as in Chapter 40?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
2. Who owns the colliery?
3. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
4. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
5. Who scores against Scotland in a game in Chapter 27?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)