|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(c) Dai and Cyfartha.
2. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
3. Where does Owen send a newspaper article that announces Iestyn's marriage from?
(c) New York.
4. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(d) New York.
5. How many voices take part in Ivor's choir?
6. Who wins the boxing match that Huw goes to watch?
(b) It was a draw.
7. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Whose sister is Blodwyn?
9. Where will Angharad go in Chapter 34?
(b) Cape Town.
(d) New York.
10. What play does Huw take Ceinwen to?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) As You Like It.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
11. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
12. How many times does Huw hit Jonas in Chapter 21?
13. Who owns the colliery?
14. Who returns to the valley in Chapter 24?
(c) Gwilym and Owen.
15. Whose ribs does Huw break in Chapter 34?
(a) Chris Phillip's.
(c) Evan John's.
(d) Mr. Jonas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ceridwen marry?
2. Who dies in Chapter 31?
3. Who is fired after working to end the sliding pay scale?
4. What profession does Huw's father want him in?
5. What does Huw work as in Chapter 40?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)