|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gruffydd decide to go in Chapter 34?
(c) New York.
2. What do Huw and his father buy from Hwfa Williams?
3. What is damaged in Dai's brutal boxing match that Huw witnesses?
(a) His hearing.
(b) His vision.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
4. What does Huw ask Gruffydd about in Chapter 23?
5. Which of the following items does the Queen give to the choir leader?
(a) A wooden stick.
(b) An engine.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A signed picture.
6. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
(b) The Town Hall.
(d) At the Morgan house.
7. Where does Owen send a newspaper article that announces Iestyn's marriage from?
(a) New York.
8. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
9. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
10. Who is Angharad in love with?
11. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
12. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
13. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
14. Where does Iestyn go for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(d) New York.
15. Where will Angharad go while Iestyn is gone for coal-related business in Chapter 29?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Ianto move to in Chapter 39?
2. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
3. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
4. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
5. Who works to end the sliding pay scale?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)