|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Huw share his dinner with someone in Chapter 20?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 years.
2. Who does Gwilym injure for saying that Gruffydd is unclean?
(b) Chris Phillips.
(d) Isaac Wynn.
3. What profession does Huw want to pursue in Chapter 27?
4. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
5. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
(a) The colliery.
(c) The newspaper.
6. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
7. Where does the choir perform for the Queen?
(a) Three Bells.
(b) In Three Valleys.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
8. Who might buy Owen's engine patent?
(a) A Spaniard.
(b) An American.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) An Irishman.
9. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
10. How many times does Huw hit Jonas in Chapter 21?
11. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(d) Workers' compensation for injury.
12. Who takes the colliery to court in Chapter 39?
13. Who does Bronwen seriously consider marrying in Chapter 38?
14. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(a) Dai and Cyfartha.
15. How many shillings does Gwilym give Huw when he is beaten by Mr. Jonas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Huw from marrying Bronwen?
2. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
3. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
4. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
5. Who wins the boxing match that Huw goes to watch?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)