|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fired after working to end the sliding pay scale?
2. Who works to end the sliding pay scale?
(c) Davy and Ianto.
3. Who frames the letter after the performance for the Queen?
4. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
5. What book does Huw buy for Bronwen's boys?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Great Expectations.
6. Who presses charges against Huw for assault and battery?
(c) Abishai Elias.
7. Who got fired for starting a union in London?
8. Where will Ianto move to in Chapter 39?
(c) New Zealand.
9. Who does Ceridwen marry?
10. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
(a) The newspaper.
(d) The colliery.
11. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
12. Why is the colliery taken to court in Chapter 39?
(d) Workers' compensation for injury.
13. Since what age has Davy worked in the colliery?
14. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
(a) The Morgan house.
(b) A park.
(c) Someone's house.
(d) A stable.
15. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
2. Who does Huw go to the mountain with in Chapter 26?
3. Where does Angharad live in Chapter 31?
4. Who goes to visit Ceridwen and Angharad in London?
5. What is damaged in Dai's brutal boxing match that Huw witnesses?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)