|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys clothing in Chapter 40?
2. What kind of relationship does Huw have with Bronwen in Chapter 37?
3. Where does Owen send a newspaper article that announces Iestyn's marriage from?
(a) New York.
4. How many men are out of work in Chapter 25 due to Iestyn's actions?
5. Where is the play that Huw takes Ceinwen to being performed?
(c) The Town Hall.
(d) At the Morgan house.
6. Who kisses Huw in Chapter 24?
7. What do Gwilym and the Morgans prepare as the new chapel?
(a) Someone's house.
(b) A stable.
(c) The Morgan house.
(d) A park.
8. Who buys the Three Bells tavern?
(c) Dai and Cyfartha.
9. Whose choir does the Queen ask to perform for her?
10. What play does Huw take Ceinwen to?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
11. Where do Gwilym and Owen want to work in Chapter 24?
(a) The colliery.
(c) The newspaper.
12. When is Gwilym offered minimum wage in Chapter 20?
13. What is one item that the Queen gives to the leader of the choir?
(a) A wooden stick.
(b) An engine.
(c) An ivory baton.
(d) A Bible.
14. Who goes to live with Bronwen in Chapter 32?
15. Who does Huw share his dinner with in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Owen and Gwilym leave to in Chapter 30?
2. Where will Angharad go in Chapter 34?
3. Who dies in Chapter 31?
4. Who goes to visit Ceridwen and Angharad in London?
5. What does Huw work as in Chapter 40?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)