|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the local tavern?
(a) Three Doves.
(b) Four Bells.
(c) Three Loves.
(d) Three Bells.
2. Who agrees with Davy's ideas in Chapter 3?
(b) Gwilym senior.
(c) Young Gwilym.
3. Why doesn't Angharad leave in Chapter 5?
(a) She is forced to stay.
(b) She changes her mind.
(c) Her mother threatens her.
(d) The boys don't want her help.
4. Who does young Gwilym marry?
5. Who does Ianto punch in the jaw during a post-Chapel Sunday gathering?
(a) Iestyn Evans.
6. What is stolen from the Morgan hutch one night?
(a) White chickens.
(b) Black chickens.
(c) White turkeys.
(d) Black turkeys.
7. What is Bronwen's son named?
8. Who does Marged confuse Huw for in Chapter 15?
9. How old is Bronwen in the present time?
10. For how many years does Huw study at home?
11. What kind of work does Ivor end up doing after getting married?
(a) Strike work.
(b) Choir work.
12. What best describes Gwilym senior?
(a) Passionate for justice.
13. How does Gwilym welcome back his sons in Chapter 5?
(b) As his enemies.
(c) He does not welcome them back.
(d) As lodgers.
14. Who challenges Huw on his first day at the National School?
(c) Mervyn Jones.
15. Who promises Huw that he will be well when the daffodils bloom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Huw find when he comes back home after sneaking out to the union meeting?
2. How long does the second strike last (the strike after the five week strike)?
3. What motivates Huw to agree with Davy's ideas on work?
4. What language does Huw speak at the National School?
5. Who brings Angharad home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)