• Huw is preparing to leave his valley, using his mother's blue cloth to wrap around his clothes.
• He hasn't told Olwen that he is leaving.
• His mother met his father when she was 16 and he was 20, and they fell in love at first sight.
• His father worked hard, earning real gold, and he rented his home for 20 years before buying it.
• The family always lived on a steep hill that overlooked the valley where miners walk home each day to their hand-made stone houses.
• Huw's mother and father, Gwilym, decide on how to use the family box that is filled with gold. They go to rugby matches and choir competitions.
• Ivor is gifted with a beautiful voice.
• Huw has loved Bronwen, his sister-in-law, since childhood, and he remembers her father coming to meet them, and he remembers Ivor walking miles to visit her.
This section contains 3,214 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)