|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of book 2, chapter 13, how does Lily feel about the decisions she made regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset?
2. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
3. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
4. In book 2, chapter 12, what feeling does Lily think Lawrence Selden has about their time together?
5. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about one of the following concepts as it relates to The House of Mirth. Give examples from the story that explain your choice.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting of The House of Mirth influence the events of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Name the characters - other than the main character - that are important to the story. Why is each character important? What does each character represent in the story?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)