|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
2. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
3. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
5. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting of The House of Mirth influence the events of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the following statement: The only difference between a falsehood and a truth is whom people choose to believe.
1) Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
2) Give examples from The House of Mirth that prove or disprove this statement.
Essay Topic 3
List the main events from The House of Mirth. Could you change the order of the main events or leave out any main events? Why or why not?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)