Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
2. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
5. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
Answer all parts.
In The House of Mirth, we learn a great deal about Lily Bart.
1) List four adjectives that describe Lily's personality. Include an example from the story to explain each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief Lily has?
3) How does she act on this value or belief?
4) How does Lily change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Lily to change?
List the main events from The House of Mirth. Could you change the order of the main events or leave out any main events? Why or why not?
Explain the following statement: The only difference between a falsehood and a truth is whom people choose to believe.
1) Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
2) Give examples from The House of Mirth that prove or disprove this statement.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)