|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily must leave the city.
(b) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
(c) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
(d) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
2. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She agrees that it is a good idea.
(b) She refuses to consider his idea.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
(d) She laughs at the idea.
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
4. In book 2, chapter 12, what experience with Lawrence Selden does Lily say she will always remember?
(a) Seeing each other at the wedding of Lily's cousin, Jack Stepney.
(b) Meeting at the train on the way to Bellomont.
(c) Seeing each other in Europe.
(d) Their conversation at Bellomont.
5. What does the exhaustion and the stress of the day cause Lily to do when she tries to sleep the night she visited Nettie Struther?
(a) She speaks to the chemist about strengthening her sleeping medication.
(b) She steals another prescription for the sleeping medication.
(c) She renews her prescription for the sleeping medication.
(d) She increases the dosage of the sleeping medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
2. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
4. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
5. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)