|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily stops to see Lawrence Selden at his apartment on her way to blackmail Bertha Dorset, what does the first part of their conversation consist of?
(c) Small talk.
2. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(b) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(c) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(d) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Proud of herself.
(b) Frightened of George Dorset.
(c) Ashamed of herself.
(d) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(b) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(c) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(d) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
5. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
(a) To meet a group from the New York City social circle.
(b) To find Lily and persuade her to marry him.
(c) To get over Lily.
(d) To close an important business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
2. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
3. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
4. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)