|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(b) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
(c) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
(d) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
2. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Mrs. Bry.
(d) Ned Silverton.
3. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
4. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
(a) New opportunities to acquire wealth.
(b) Job responsibilites that she cannot perform.
(c) A very low class of acquaintances.
(d) A new social circle.
5. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
2. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
3. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
4. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
5. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)