|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Crushed by his refusal.
(b) Refreshed by his honesty.
(c) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(d) Insulted by his reasons.
2. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(b) Jack Stepney.
(c) Grace Stepney.
(d) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
3. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
(a) Bertha tells the guests about Lily's financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) Bertha announces that Lily will not be returning to the yacht with them that night.
(c) Bertha tells the guests that Lily had an affair with George.
(d) Bertha tells the guests that Lily has spread gossip about each and every one of them.
4. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
5. How does Lily react to Lawrence Selden's request regarding her new job and living arrangements in book 2, chapter 9?
(a) She resists his request.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She immediately agrees.
(d) She asks for time to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the exhaustion and the stress of the day cause Lily to do when she tries to sleep the night she visited Nettie Struther?
2. In book 2, chapter 11, why doesn't Lily have a job?
3. When Lily stops to see Lawrence Selden at his apartment on her way to blackmail Bertha Dorset, what does the first part of their conversation consist of?
4. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)