|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
(a) He will ask Lawrence Selden to represent him in the divorce.
(b) He will kill Bertha's lover.
(c) He will marry Lily.
(d) He will kill Bertha.
2. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
(a) Her impending inheritance.
(b) The realization that her social standing is intact.
(c) The thought that the rest of the family will receive nothing from her aunt.
(d) The knowledge that her aunt loved her very much.
3. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
(a) Drug addiction.
(b) Memory loss.
(c) Severe mood swings.
(d) Falling asleep around dangerous machinery at her job.
4. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They want to divorce immediately.
(b) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
(c) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
(d) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Ned Silverton.
(b) The Duchess.
(d) Mrs. Bry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
2. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
4. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
5. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)