|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
(b) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(c) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
(d) Lily must leave the city.
2. When Lily stops to see Lawrence Selden at his apartment on her way to blackmail Bertha Dorset, what does the first part of their conversation consist of?
(c) Small talk.
3. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Send Lily back to New York.
(c) Speak to Bertha.
(d) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
4. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(b) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(c) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(d) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
5. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
2. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
3. In book 2, chapter 12, what feeling does Lily think Lawrence Selden has about their time together?
4. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
5. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)