|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Ned Silverton.
(c) Mrs. Bry.
(d) The Duchess.
2. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
(b) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(c) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
(d) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
3. What does Lily intend to do with her inheritance from her aunt?
(a) Repay Gus Trenor.
(b) Buy her own yacht.
(c) Buy her way into a higher social circle.
(d) Donate it to Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
4. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(b) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
(c) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(d) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
5. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
(a) Working with hats.
(b) Doing social work for the women in Gerty Farish's charity.
(c) Working as a secretary for Gus Trenor.
(d) Cleaning a children's orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
2. What does Lily realize about the decisions she makes regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset when she wakes up the morning after Simon Rosedale makes his offer to her?
3. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
4. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
5. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)