|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
(b) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
(c) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(d) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
2. In book 2, chapter 12, what feeling does Lily think Lawrence Selden has about their time together?
3. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(a) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
(b) Grace Stepney.
(c) Jack Stepney.
4. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
(a) Continue the work and move to a more desirable location.
(b) Quit and move in with Gerty Farish.
(c) Quit and marry him.
(d) Continue the work and keep her current living arrangements.
5. How does Lily react to Lawrence Selden's request regarding her new job and living arrangements in book 2, chapter 9?
(a) She immediately agrees.
(b) She asks for time to think.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She resists his request.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
2. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
3. At the beginning of book 2, chapter 13, how does Lily feel about the decisions she made regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset?
4. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
5. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)