|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
2. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
(a) The Gormers are having a party.
(b) Lily asked him to come.
(c) Bertha Dorset is visiting Mrs. Gormer.
(d) George Dorset is involved in a business deal with Mr. Gormer.
3. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
(a) To find Lily and persuade her to marry him.
(b) To meet a group from the New York City social circle.
(c) To close an important business deal.
(d) To get over Lily.
4. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) George Dorset.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Bertha Dorset.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
(a) She wants to sever her relationships with everyone in her former social circle.
(b) She is accepted back into her old social circle with the Trenors and the VanOsburghs.
(c) She is able to buy her way into a new social circle.
(d) She is socially isolated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
2. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
4. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
5. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)