|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
2. When Lily finds Simon Rosedale waiting for her at her room in book 2, chapter 11, what does he offer Lily?
(a) Intevening for her with Bertha Dorset.
(b) A new place to live.
(c) A job working for him.
(d) A loan to repay Gus Trenor.
3. What is Lily's past relationship with Nettie Struther?
(a) Lily and Nettie worked together decorating hats.
(b) Lily introduced Nettie to her future husband.
(c) Lily allowed Nettie to stay with her when Nettie was homeless.
(d) Lily donated money to treat Nettie's illness.
4. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) George Dorset.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned commits suicide.
(b) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
(c) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(d) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
2. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
3. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
4. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
5. How does Lily fare at her new job?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)