|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
(a) A long letter from Simon Rosedale begging her to marry him.
(b) Her inheritance check for $10,000.
(c) An eviction notice for not paying the rent.
(d) A delivery of additional sleeping medication from the chemist.
2. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(a) Jack Stepney.
(b) Grace Stepney.
(c) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
3. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Bertha.
(b) Send Lily back to New York.
(c) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
4. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(b) She disapproves.
(c) She encourages Lily to go.
(d) She is envious of Lily.
5. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(c) Burn the letters.
(d) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 12, what experience with Lawrence Selden does Lily say she will always remember?
2. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
3. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
4. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
5. What is Lily's alternative to her new position?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)