|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
2. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
(a) To get over Lily.
(b) To close an important business deal.
(c) To meet a group from the New York City social circle.
(d) To find Lily and persuade her to marry him.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(b) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(c) She is going to confront George.
(d) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
4. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
3. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
5. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)