|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(b) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(c) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(d) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
(b) Ned commits suicide.
(c) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
(d) Ned threatens George Dorset.
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(d) A vacation.
4. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
(a) He asks Lily to leave the yacht.
(b) He asks Lily to speak to Bertha.
(c) He says he will move onto the yacht to help protect Lily.
(d) He asks Lily to convince George Dorset to speak to Bertha about her.
5. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
3. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
4. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
5. In book 1, chapter 1, what concerns Lawrence Selden and Lord Hubert Dacey about Lily?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)