|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(b) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
(c) Jack Stepney.
(d) Grace Stepney.
2. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
(a) After Bertha Dorset speaks with Mrs. Gormer.
(b) When Mrs. Gormer discovers Lily asked George Dorset to come to their house.
(c) When Lily forgets to send a party invitation to an important member of their social circle.
(d) When Lily announces she is returning to New York City.
3. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
(a) New opportunities to acquire wealth.
(b) Job responsibilites that she cannot perform.
(c) A very low class of acquaintances.
(d) A new social circle.
4. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
(a) Quit and marry him.
(b) Quit and move in with Gerty Farish.
(c) Continue the work and keep her current living arrangements.
(d) Continue the work and move to a more desirable location.
5. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
(a) George Dorset is in love with Lily.
(b) Lily doesn't include Bertha in her activities with her friends in her social circle.
(c) Lily is in love with Ned Silverton.
(d) Bertha is still angry at Lily for keeping Lawrence Selden from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Lily's insomnia?
2. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
3. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
4. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
5. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)