|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily must leave the city.
(b) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
(c) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(d) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(c) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(d) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
3. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
(a) After Bertha Dorset speaks with Mrs. Gormer.
(b) When Lily announces she is returning to New York City.
(c) When Mrs. Gormer discovers Lily asked George Dorset to come to their house.
(d) When Lily forgets to send a party invitation to an important member of their social circle.
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(b) A vacation.
5. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
(a) Continue the work and move to a more desirable location.
(b) Quit and marry him.
(c) Quit and move in with Gerty Farish.
(d) Continue the work and keep her current living arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
2. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
4. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
5. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)