|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(b) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(c) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(d) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
2. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gerty Farish.
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(b) Ashamed of herself.
(c) Frightened of George Dorset.
(d) Proud of herself.
4. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
(a) A delivery of additional sleeping medication from the chemist.
(b) Her inheritance check for $10,000.
(c) An eviction notice for not paying the rent.
(d) A long letter from Simon Rosedale begging her to marry him.
5. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(c) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(d) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
2. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
3. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
4. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
5. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)