|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
2. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(b) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(c) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(d) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(c) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(d) Burn the letters.
4. In book 2, chapter 11, why doesn't Lily have a job?
(a) She was fired.
(b) She took a leave of absence.
(c) She quit.
(d) The place at which she worked closed down.
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned commits suicide.
(b) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
(c) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(d) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
2. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
3. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
4. In book 2, chapter 12, what experience with Lawrence Selden does Lily say she will always remember?
5. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)