Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
(b) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(c) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(d) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
2. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(b) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
(c) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(d) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
5. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
(a) She is afraid of revenge from Bertha Dorset.
(b) She is afraid the letters will create a relationship between Bertha Dorset and Lawrence Selden.
(c) She doesn't want to betray Bertha Dorset.
(d) Lily can't betray Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 12, what feeling does Lily think Lawrence Selden has about their time together?
2. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
3. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
4. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
5. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)