|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
(a) She accepts his offer.
(b) She asks for time to consider his offer.
(c) She refuses his offer.
(d) She laughs at his offer.
2. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
3. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
4. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
(a) She visits the friends in her new social circle.
(b) She sits in her shabby room and stares out the window.
(c) She takes walks.
(d) She volunteers at a soup kitchen.
5. Why does Nettie Struther invite Lily to her home after seeing Lily in the park?
(a) Nettie needs help caring for her house and child.
(b) Nettie wants Lily to see how well she has done.
(c) Lily wants to see Nettie's husband.
(d) Lily looks ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
2. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
3. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
4. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
5. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)