|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
(a) She is accepted back into her old social circle with the Trenors and the VanOsburghs.
(b) She wants to sever her relationships with everyone in her former social circle.
(c) She is socially isolated.
(d) She is able to buy her way into a new social circle.
2. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
(a) He asks Lily to convince George Dorset to speak to Bertha about her.
(b) He asks Lily to speak to Bertha.
(c) He says he will move onto the yacht to help protect Lily.
(d) He asks Lily to leave the yacht.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Ned Silverton.
(c) Mrs. Bry.
4. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(b) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(c) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
(d) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
2. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
3. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
4. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
5. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)