|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
(a) An eviction notice for not paying the rent.
(b) Her inheritance check for $10,000.
(c) A delivery of additional sleeping medication from the chemist.
(d) A long letter from Simon Rosedale begging her to marry him.
2. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(b) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(c) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
(d) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
3. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(b) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(c) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(d) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
4. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
(a) Wealthy distant relatives of Lily live in Alaska.
(b) Carry Fischer suggests Lily take her place with Carry Fischer's new family.
(c) Carry Fischer suggests that Lily find a new place to start over.
(d) Carry Fischer suggests there will be wealthy bachelors on the trip.
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
(a) George Dorset is visiting Lily.
(b) Lily is gone.
(c) Lily attempted suicide.
(d) A large group of friends from Lily's new social circle is visiting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
2. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
3. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
5. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)