|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
2. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
(b) They want to divorce immediately.
(c) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
(d) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
3. How does Lily treat her new friends, the Gormers?
(a) She avoids them as much as possible.
(b) She treasures them.
(c) She uses them.
(d) She ridicules them to others.
4. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
(a) To get over Lily.
(b) Lawrence Selden is Mrs. Trenor's divorce lawyer.
(c) He and Gus Trenor are involved in a real estate business deal.
(d) Lawrence Selden is working to pay off Lily's debt to Gus Trenor.
5. What does the exhaustion and the stress of the day cause Lily to do when she tries to sleep the night she visited Nettie Struther?
(a) She increases the dosage of the sleeping medication.
(b) She speaks to the chemist about strengthening her sleeping medication.
(c) She steals another prescription for the sleeping medication.
(d) She renews her prescription for the sleeping medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's alternative to her new position?
2. When Lily sits in the park to rest, what is she thinking about her sleep medication?
3. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
4. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
5. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)