|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
2. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
(a) The realization that her social standing is intact.
(b) The knowledge that her aunt loved her very much.
(c) Her impending inheritance.
(d) The thought that the rest of the family will receive nothing from her aunt.
3. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
4. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
(b) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(c) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
(d) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
5. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(b) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(c) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(d) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
2. When Lily finds Simon Rosedale waiting for her at her room in book 2, chapter 11, what does he offer Lily?
3. Who does Lily visit the morning after Simon Rosedale makes his offer to her?
4. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
5. What does Lily confess to Lawrence Selden in book 2, chapter 12?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)