|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of book 2, chapter 13, how does Lily feel about the decisions she made regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset?
2. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
(a) To close an important business deal.
(b) To find Lily and persuade her to marry him.
(c) To meet a group from the New York City social circle.
(d) To get over Lily.
3. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
(a) Lily's immoral lifestyle.
(c) A carriage accident.
(d) Being disowned by Grace Stepney's father.
4. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
(a) Severe mood swings.
(b) Memory loss.
(c) Drug addiction.
(d) Falling asleep around dangerous machinery at her job.
5. In book 2, chapter 11, why doesn't Lily have a job?
(a) She quit.
(b) She was fired.
(c) The place at which she worked closed down.
(d) She took a leave of absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
2. What causes Lily's insomnia?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
4. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
5. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)