|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She immediately accepts it.
(b) She flatly refuses.
(c) She asks for time to think about it.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(c) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Burn the letters.
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Insulted by his reasons.
(b) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(c) Crushed by his refusal.
(d) Refreshed by his honesty.
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Mrs. Bry.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Ned Silverton.
5. Why does Nettie Struther invite Lily to her home after seeing Lily in the park?
(a) Lily wants to see Nettie's husband.
(b) Lily looks ill.
(c) Nettie needs help caring for her house and child.
(d) Nettie wants Lily to see how well she has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
2. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
3. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
4. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
5. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)