|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She disapproves.
(b) She is envious of Lily.
(c) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(d) She encourages Lily to go.
2. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) George Dorset.
3. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
(b) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
(c) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(d) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
4. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
(a) To find Lily and persuade her to marry him.
(b) To meet a group from the New York City social circle.
(c) To get over Lily.
(d) To close an important business deal.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(b) She is going to confront George.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
2. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
3. What does Lily confess to Lawrence Selden in book 2, chapter 12?
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
5. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)