|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(a) Grace Stepney.
(b) Jack Stepney.
(d) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
2. What does the exhaustion and the stress of the day cause Lily to do when she tries to sleep the night she visited Nettie Struther?
(a) She renews her prescription for the sleeping medication.
(b) She speaks to the chemist about strengthening her sleeping medication.
(c) She increases the dosage of the sleeping medication.
(d) She steals another prescription for the sleeping medication.
3. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
4. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
(a) She asks for time to think about it.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She tearfully and gratefully accepts.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(b) Ned Silverton.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Mrs. Bry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
2. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
3. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
4. How does Lily treat her new friends, the Gormers?
5. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)