|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
(a) Renew her friendship with Bertha Dorset.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Return to New York City to get away from Bertha.
(d) Defend herself against Bertha's gossip.
2. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
(a) He will ask Lawrence Selden to represent him in the divorce.
(b) He will kill Bertha's lover.
(c) He will marry Lily.
(d) He will kill Bertha.
3. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(c) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(d) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
4. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
(a) She tearfully and gratefully accepts.
(b) She asks for time to think about it.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She refuses.
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
2. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
3. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
4. What is Lily's past relationship with Nettie Struther?
5. In book 2, chapter 12, what feeling does Lily think Lawrence Selden has about their time together?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)