|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
(a) Demands an invitation.
(b) Sabotages the party.
(c) Spends a great deal of money for a party dress.
(d) Seeks revenge on Lily.
2. How does Gerty Farish feel when she wakes up the morning after the party and realizes she is in love with Lawrence Selden?
(a) Cautious, but encouraged.
(b) Despondent and discouraged.
(c) Embarrassed and ashamed.
(d) Hopeful and happy.
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(d) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
4. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
3. When do the events of chapter 14, book 1, begin?
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
5. Who are the Welly Brys?
Short Essay Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily donate money to the charity Gerty Farish tells her about?
2. In book 2, chapter 11, what does Lily decide to do when she wakes up the morning after Simon Rosedale makes his offer to her?
3. Why doesn't Lily use the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen to get back at Bertha Dorset?
4. In book 1, chapter 1, why is Lawrence Selden surprised that Lily accepts his offer to have tea alone with him in his apartment?
5. In book1, chapter 12, why is Bertha Dorset interested in renewing her friendship with Lily?
6. In book 2, chapter 10, what is Lily's outlook on life now that she no longer has her social status?
7. Even though Lily is in love with Lawrence Selden,why does she fight her feelings for him?
8. What does Lawrence Selden realize about his relationship with Lily after he finds she has died?
9. Why does Lily envy Lawrence Selden's lifestyle?
10. In book 2, chapter 8, what is the status of Lily's relationship with Gerty Farish?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)