|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(b) Gambling addiction.
(c) A stalker.
(d) Being dropped from her social circle.
4. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
(a) She is not allowed to help plan the party.
(b) She is not invited to the party.
(c) She has nothing suitable to wear to the party.
(d) The party is on the same night as another social engagement.
5. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(b) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(c) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(d) He is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
2. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
3. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
5. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of racism does Lily demonstrate in book 1, chapter 2?
2. How does Lily react after Mrs. Trenor talks to her about Bertha Dorset in book 1, chapter 7?
3. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Lily think Simon Rosedale will marry her for love?
4. Explain the attitudes of Lily's family members in relation to her social standing and inheritance from her aunt.
5. Explain Lily's reaction to Nettie Struther's living conditions.
6. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Lily show her characteristic poor judgment in her friendship with men, namely George Dorset?
7. Lily meets and has tea with Simon Rosedale while on her way home from the chemist. What does Lily tell him?
8. In book 1, chapter 11, what does Grace Stepney tell her aunt about Lily?
9. In book 1, chapter 11, what does Lily's aunt do after Grace Stepney talks to her about Lily?
10. Explain Lily's dilemma regarding Lawrence Selden and Simon Rosedale.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)