1. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
New York City, New York.
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
3. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
She is going to a social engagement.
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
She is happy to see him.
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
She says she prefers a less popular location.
This section contains 7,002 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)