Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Book 1: Chapter 1
1. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
3. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
6. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
7. Who is Gerty Farish?
8. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 2,861 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)