|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to loan her money.
(b) She wants him to marry her.
(c) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(d) She wants him to be her friend.
2. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(b) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(c) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(d) She misses the bus to church.
3. What is Lily's past relationship with Nettie Struther?
(a) Lily and Nettie worked together decorating hats.
(b) Lily allowed Nettie to stay with her when Nettie was homeless.
(c) Lily introduced Nettie to her future husband.
(d) Lily donated money to treat Nettie's illness.
4. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
(a) Bertha and Ned have married.
(b) Bertha Dorset wants to marry Ned, but can't because George Dorset won't give Bertha a divorce.
(c) Bertha and Ned want to be together but don't want to marry.
(d) Bertha Dorset ended her relationship with Ned.
5. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(b) Their true feelings for each other.
(c) They are both in love with other people.
(d) They have nothing in common.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
3. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
4. How does Lily fare at her new job?
5. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)