|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 11, why doesn't Lily have a job?
(a) The place at which she worked closed down.
(b) She was fired.
(c) She quit.
(d) She took a leave of absence.
2. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
(a) He sees Lily waving to Gus Trenor as she leaves the house.
(b) He sees Gus Trenor push Lily down a flight of stairs.
(c) He sees Lily and Mrs. Trenor arguing.
(d) He sees the police taking Gus Trenor away.
3. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
(b) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(c) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
(d) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
4. When do the events of chapter 14, book 1, begin?
(a) The night after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
(b) The same morning that Lily awakens to find two notes at her bedside.
(c) The morning of the party.
(d) A week after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
3. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
5. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)