|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
3. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She is envious of Lily.
(b) She disapproves.
(c) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(d) She encourages Lily to go.
4. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(b) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(c) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(d) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
5. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
(a) Her impending inheritance.
(b) The realization that her social standing is intact.
(c) The thought that the rest of the family will receive nothing from her aunt.
(d) The knowledge that her aunt loved her very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
4. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)