|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(b) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(c) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(d) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Playing poker.
(b) Playing bridge.
(d) Searching for eligible bachelors.
3. What is Lily's past relationship with Nettie Struther?
(a) Lily introduced Nettie to her future husband.
(b) Lily allowed Nettie to stay with her when Nettie was homeless.
(c) Lily donated money to treat Nettie's illness.
(d) Lily and Nettie worked together decorating hats.
4. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
(a) He sees Lily and Mrs. Trenor arguing.
(b) He sees the police taking Gus Trenor away.
(c) He sees Lily waving to Gus Trenor as she leaves the house.
(d) He sees Gus Trenor push Lily down a flight of stairs.
5. At dinner in book 1, chapter 14, why does Gerty Farish mistakenly believe Lawrence Selden wants to marry her?
(a) He tells her that she should marry.
(b) He flatters her endlessly.
(c) He talks about their common interests.
(d) He talks about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
3. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
4. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
5. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)