|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) An offer of a loan.
(b) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(c) Investment advice.
(d) A marriage proposal.
2. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
3. At dinner in book 1, chapter 14, why does Gerty Farish mistakenly believe Lawrence Selden wants to marry her?
(a) He talks about their common interests.
(b) He tells her that she should marry.
(c) He talks about the future.
(d) He flatters her endlessly.
4. How does Lily fare at her new job?
(a) She takes a long time to learn but still does poorly.
(b) She is terrible at it.
(c) She takes a long time to learn and outperforms even those who have been doing the job for years.
(d) She learns quickly and does well.
5. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(b) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(c) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(d) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Lily's past relationship with Nettie Struther?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)