|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily has no other social engagements.
(b) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily needs to take a vacation.
2. What does Lily ultimately do with the letters between Bertha Dorset and Lawrence Selden?
(a) She gives the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) She gives the letters to Simon Rosedale for safekeeping.
(c) She hides the letters on a shelf.
(d) She burns the letters.
3. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(b) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(c) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(d) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
4. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
(a) Bertha Dorset will lose everything if George Dorset divorces her.
(b) Bertha Dorset is gossiping about Lily to the Gormers.
(c) Lily should attempt to mend her relationship with Bertha Dorset.
(d) Bertha Dorset is interested in becoming friends with Lily again.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gerty Farish?
2. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
3. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. Who is Grace Stepney?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)