|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her social schedule being too busy.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
2. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(b) She is envious of Lily.
(c) She encourages Lily to go.
(d) She disapproves.
3. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
(a) The Gormers are having a party.
(b) George Dorset is involved in a business deal with Mr. Gormer.
(c) Lily asked him to come.
(d) Bertha Dorset is visiting Mrs. Gormer.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(d) Miss Gerty Farish.
5. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(c) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(d) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily intend to do with her inheritance from her aunt?
2. When Lily stops to see Lawrence Selden at his apartment on her way to blackmail Bertha Dorset, what does the first part of their conversation consist of?
3. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
4. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
5. What does Lily ultimately do with the letters between Bertha Dorset and Lawrence Selden?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)