|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(b) Gus Trenor's niece.
(c) Lily's married sister.
(d) Lily's cousin.
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(b) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
(c) Ned commits suicide.
(d) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
3. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
(a) Carry Fischer suggests that Lily find a new place to start over.
(b) Wealthy distant relatives of Lily live in Alaska.
(c) Carry Fischer suggests there will be wealthy bachelors on the trip.
(d) Carry Fischer suggests Lily take her place with Carry Fischer's new family.
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She immediately accepts it.
(b) She asks for time to think about it.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She flatly refuses.
5. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
(a) She envies Mrs. Dorset's freedom from worry about finances.
(b) She envies the freedom of a married woman to get and discard a man without repercussions.
(c) Lily envies Mrs. Dorset because she is attracted to Mrs. Dorset's husband.
(d) She envies the attention Percy Gryce is giving to Mrs. Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
2. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
3. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
4. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)