|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily confess to Lawrence Selden in book 2, chapter 12?
(a) She realizes too late that she loves him.
(b) She never really loved him.
(c) Her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) Her need for wealth, material possessions, and social status.
2. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
(a) She asks for time to consider his offer.
(b) She laughs at his offer.
(c) She refuses his offer.
(d) She accepts his offer.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(b) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) The weather is perfect.
4. Why does Nettie Struther invite Lily to her home after seeing Lily in the park?
(a) Nettie wants Lily to see how well she has done.
(b) Lily wants to see Nettie's husband.
(c) Lily looks ill.
(d) Nettie needs help caring for her house and child.
5. At the beginning of book 2, chapter 13, how does Lily feel about the decisions she made regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset?
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
2. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
3. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
5. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)