|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
(a) Lily attempted suicide.
(b) George Dorset is visiting Lily.
(c) A large group of friends from Lily's new social circle is visiting her.
(d) Lily is gone.
2. When do the events of chapter 14, book 1, begin?
(a) The night after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
(b) A week after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
(c) The morning of the party.
(d) The same morning that Lily awakens to find two notes at her bedside.
3. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(b) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(c) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
(d) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
4. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
(a) He is threatening to tell Mrs. Trenor about their financial arrangement.
(b) He is pressuring Lily for more money.
(c) He is threatening to have her ousted from her social circle.
(d) He is pressuring her to spend time with him.
5. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Bertha.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Send Lily back to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
3. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)