|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
2. Why does Nettie Struther invite Lily to her home after seeing Lily in the park?
(a) Nettie wants Lily to see how well she has done.
(b) Lily looks ill.
(c) Nettie needs help caring for her house and child.
(d) Lily wants to see Nettie's husband.
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A party.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) Cleaning day.
(d) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
5. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize about the decisions she makes regarding Simon Rosedale and Bertha Dorset when she wakes up the morning after Simon Rosedale makes his offer to her?
2. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
3. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
4. When Lily finds Simon Rosedale waiting for her at her room in book 2, chapter 11, what does he offer Lily?
5. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)