|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily must leave the city.
(b) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(c) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
(d) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
2. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
(a) Sabotages the party.
(b) Demands an invitation.
(c) Spends a great deal of money for a party dress.
(d) Seeks revenge on Lily.
3. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
(b) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(c) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
(d) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
4. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
(b) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
(c) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(d) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
2. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
5. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)