|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(b) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(c) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(d) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
2. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(b) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
(c) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(d) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
3. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
(a) Lawrence Selden is Mrs. Trenor's divorce lawyer.
(b) To get over Lily.
(c) He and Gus Trenor are involved in a real estate business deal.
(d) Lawrence Selden is working to pay off Lily's debt to Gus Trenor.
4. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(c) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(d) Lily's best friend.
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She says she prefers a less popular location.
(b) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(c) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(d) She immediately agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
2. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
3. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
5. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)