|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(d) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
2. How does Lily treat her new friends, the Gormers?
(a) She treasures them.
(b) She ridicules them to others.
(c) She uses them.
(d) She avoids them as much as possible.
3. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
(b) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
(c) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
(d) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
4. What causes Lily's insomnia?
(a) The women at her job have threatened her life.
(b) She worries about her debt to Gus Trenor.
(c) Her surroundings are noisy.
(d) She is worried about Bertha Dorset.
5. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
(b) Spends time with her aunt.
(c) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
(d) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
3. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
4. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
5. Who are the Welly Brys?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)