|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
(a) She visits the friends in her new social circle.
(b) She sits in her shabby room and stares out the window.
(c) She volunteers at a soup kitchen.
(d) She takes walks.
2. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
(a) He sees Gus Trenor push Lily down a flight of stairs.
(b) He sees the police taking Gus Trenor away.
(c) He sees Lily and Mrs. Trenor arguing.
(d) He sees Lily waving to Gus Trenor as she leaves the house.
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(b) Being dropped from her social circle.
(c) A stalker.
(d) Gambling addiction.
4. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(b) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
(c) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(d) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(b) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) From her own hobby.
(d) From the book she was reading on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
2. In book 2, chapter 11, why doesn't Lily have a job?
3. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
4. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
5. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)