|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
2. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
3. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(b) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
(c) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(d) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
4. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
(a) She asks for time to consider his offer.
(b) She laughs at his offer.
(c) She accepts his offer.
(d) She refuses his offer.
5. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
(a) Lily asked him to come.
(b) Bertha Dorset is visiting Mrs. Gormer.
(c) The Gormers are having a party.
(d) George Dorset is involved in a business deal with Mr. Gormer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
2. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
3. What does Lily confess to Lawrence Selden in book 2, chapter 12?
4. What is Carry Fischer's job?
5. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)