|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is afraid for Gerty.
(b) She envies Gerty's situation.
(c) She feels sympathy toward her.
(d) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(b) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
(c) Ned commits suicide.
(d) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
3. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(a) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
(c) Her aunt's home.
(d) The train station.
4. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Carry Fischer.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
5. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(c) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(d) Lily's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
2. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
3. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
4. What does Lily ultimately do with the letters between Bertha Dorset and Lawrence Selden?
5. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)