|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
2. When Lily sits in the park to rest, what is she thinking about her sleep medication?
(a) She is worried that it is no longer working.
(b) She is afraid Mrs. Hatch will discover that she stole the prescription.
(c) She is concerned about her addiction.
(d) She is afraid the chemist will discontinue the prescription.
3. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Speak to Bertha.
(d) Send Lily back to New York.
4. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She has a breakdown and falls asleep in Gerty's bed.
(b) She stares out the window speechlessly.
(c) She calmly relates the events that occurred with Gus Trenor.
(d) She cries hysterically and tells Gerty what happened with Gus Trenor.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(d) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
2. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
3. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
4. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
5. What is Lily's alternative to her new position?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)