|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(c) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(d) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
2. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
(a) He asks Lily to speak to Bertha.
(b) He asks Lily to convince George Dorset to speak to Bertha about her.
(c) He asks Lily to leave the yacht.
(d) He says he will move onto the yacht to help protect Lily.
3. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
(b) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(c) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
(d) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
4. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
(a) Sabotages the party.
(b) Seeks revenge on Lily.
(c) Spends a great deal of money for a party dress.
(d) Demands an invitation.
5. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
2. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)