|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(b) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(c) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
2. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
(a) She laughs at Bertha's feeble attempt to blame Lily for her problems.
(b) She bursts into tears and flees the party.
(c) She attempts to defend herself.
(d) She calmly asks Lawrence Selden to walk with her to her cab.
3. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
4. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
(a) Social secretary.
(b) Bank secretary.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Executive secretary.
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Carry Fischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
3. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
5. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)