|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
(a) She laughs at Bertha's feeble attempt to blame Lily for her problems.
(b) She calmly asks Lawrence Selden to walk with her to her cab.
(c) She bursts into tears and flees the party.
(d) She attempts to defend herself.
2. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
(a) She is afraid of George Dorset and wants Lawrence Selden to find another place for her to stay.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) George Dorset is coming to see him.
(d) Bertha Dorset is coming to see him.
3. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(b) It helps improve her mood.
(c) It doesn't affect her mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
4. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Bertha Dorset.
(d) George Dorset.
5. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
(a) Bertha Dorset is interested in becoming friends with Lily again.
(b) Lily should attempt to mend her relationship with Bertha Dorset.
(c) Bertha Dorset is gossiping about Lily to the Gormers.
(d) Bertha Dorset will lose everything if George Dorset divorces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 9, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do regarding her new position and living situation?
2. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
4. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
5. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)