|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(c) He wants to see her the next day.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
2. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
(a) Return to New York City to get away from Bertha.
(b) Renew her friendship with Bertha Dorset.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Defend herself against Bertha's gossip.
3. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to loan her money.
(b) She wants him to be her friend.
(c) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(d) She wants him to marry her.
4. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
5. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)