|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) Paris, France.
2. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(b) Proud of herself.
(c) Frightened of George Dorset.
(d) Ashamed of herself.
3. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She is a social worker.
(b) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(c) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
(d) She is an investment broker.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He is elated.
5. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is an heiress, independently wealthy.
(b) She is homeless, having lost everything to a conniving ex-fiance.
(c) She lives with an aunt who finances her extravagant lifestyle.
(d) She is poor and has to work to support her meager lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
2. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
3. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
4. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
5. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)