|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(b) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
2. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She is an investment broker.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(d) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
3. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They are both in love with other people.
(b) Their true feelings for each other.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) They share the same ideas of success in life.
4. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
5. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) New money.
(b) A novel about rich people.
(c) A novel about money.
(d) Rich food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
2. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
3. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
4. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)