|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(b) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(c) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(d) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
2. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
(b) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(c) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
(d) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
3. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
4. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
(b) They want to divorce immediately.
(c) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
(d) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
5. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
(b) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
(c) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(d) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
2. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
3. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
4. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
5. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)