|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
2. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(c) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(d) Burn the letters.
3. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
(a) Her impending inheritance.
(b) The knowledge that her aunt loved her very much.
(c) The thought that the rest of the family will receive nothing from her aunt.
(d) The realization that her social standing is intact.
4. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
(a) Being disowned by Grace Stepney's father.
(b) Lily's immoral lifestyle.
(c) A carriage accident.
5. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(c) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(d) Burn them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
2. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
3. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
4. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
5. How does Lily feel in her new position in book 2, chapter 9?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)