|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(c) He consoles Lily.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
2. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
(a) Bertha Dorset is interested in becoming friends with Lily again.
(b) Bertha Dorset is gossiping about Lily to the Gormers.
(c) Bertha Dorset will lose everything if George Dorset divorces her.
(d) Lily should attempt to mend her relationship with Bertha Dorset.
3. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She laughs at the idea.
(b) She agrees that it is a good idea.
(c) She refuses to consider his idea.
(d) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She asks for time to think about it.
(b) She immediately accepts it.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She flatly refuses.
5. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
(a) When Lily announces she is returning to New York City.
(b) When Mrs. Gormer discovers Lily asked George Dorset to come to their house.
(c) After Bertha Dorset speaks with Mrs. Gormer.
(d) When Lily forgets to send a party invitation to an important member of their social circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
3. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
4. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
5. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)