|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He wants to see her the next day.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(d) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
3. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
4. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(b) She envies Gerty's situation.
(c) She feels sympathy toward her.
(d) She is afraid for Gerty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
4. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
5. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)