|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(b) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(c) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
2. How does Lily react to Lawrence Selden's request regarding her new job and living arrangements in book 2, chapter 9?
(a) She resists his request.
(b) She immediately agrees.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She asks for time to think.
3. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
(b) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(d) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(c) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
(d) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
4. Who are the Welly Brys?
5. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)