|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(b) Gus Trenor's niece.
(c) Lily's married sister.
(d) Lily's cousin.
2. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
(a) He will kill Bertha.
(b) He will marry Lily.
(c) He will kill Bertha's lover.
(d) He will ask Lawrence Selden to represent him in the divorce.
3. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
(a) Renew her friendship with Bertha Dorset.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Defend herself against Bertha's gossip.
(d) Return to New York City to get away from Bertha.
4. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
(a) A new social circle.
(b) New opportunities to acquire wealth.
(c) A very low class of acquaintances.
(d) Job responsibilites that she cannot perform.
5. What does Lily intend to do with her inheritance from her aunt?
(a) Buy her way into a higher social circle.
(b) Buy her own yacht.
(c) Repay Gus Trenor.
(d) Donate it to Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Welly Brys?
2. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
3. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
4. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)