|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
2. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(b) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(c) She misses the bus to church.
(d) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
3. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
(a) She laughs at Bertha's feeble attempt to blame Lily for her problems.
(b) She bursts into tears and flees the party.
(c) She calmly asks Lawrence Selden to walk with her to her cab.
(d) She attempts to defend herself.
4. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
(a) Her success in nouveau riche.
(b) Winning a large sum of money playing bridge.
(c) Her success in charades.
(d) Her success in tableaux vivants.
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
2. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
4. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
5. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)