|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(b) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(c) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
2. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
(a) Bertha tells the guests about Lily's financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) Bertha announces that Lily will not be returning to the yacht with them that night.
(c) Bertha tells the guests that Lily has spread gossip about each and every one of them.
(d) Bertha tells the guests that Lily had an affair with George.
3. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
(a) Carry Fischer suggests Lily take her place with Carry Fischer's new family.
(b) Carry Fischer suggests there will be wealthy bachelors on the trip.
(c) Wealthy distant relatives of Lily live in Alaska.
(d) Carry Fischer suggests that Lily find a new place to start over.
4. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(b) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(c) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(d) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(b) From her own hobby.
(c) From the book she was reading on the train.
(d) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
2. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
3. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
4. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
5. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)