|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) Their true feelings for each other.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) They are both in love with other people.
(d) They share the same ideas of success in life.
2. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
(b) Jack Stepney.
(c) Grace Stepney.
(d) Gerty Farish's charity for poor women.
3. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
(a) New opportunities to acquire wealth.
(b) A new social circle.
(c) Job responsibilites that she cannot perform.
(d) A very low class of acquaintances.
4. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(b) She encourages Lily to go.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She is envious of Lily.
5. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Loses it playing poker.
(b) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(c) Invests it.
(d) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
3. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
4. What does nouveau riche mean?
5. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)