|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(b) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
2. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(c) Hide them.
(d) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He wants to see her the next day.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(d) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sends her companion to get him.
(c) She avoids him.
(d) She is happy to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's alternative to her new position?
2. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
3. How does Gerty Farish feel when she wakes up the morning after the party and realizes she is in love with Lawrence Selden?
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
5. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)