|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
(a) Lily is gone.
(b) A large group of friends from Lily's new social circle is visiting her.
(c) Lily attempted suicide.
(d) George Dorset is visiting Lily.
2. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She says she prefers a less popular location.
(b) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(c) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(d) She immediately agrees.
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(b) Crushed by his refusal.
(c) Insulted by his reasons.
(d) Refreshed by his honesty.
4. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(b) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(c) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(d) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
2. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
3. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
4. Who is Grace Stepney?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)