|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
(b) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(c) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
(d) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
2. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(b) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(c) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(d) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
3. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(b) Playing bridge.
(d) Playing poker.
4. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They want to divorce immediately.
(b) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
(c) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
(d) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
5. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
(b) Spends time with her aunt.
(c) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
(d) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At dinner in book 1, chapter 14, why does Gerty Farish mistakenly believe Lawrence Selden wants to marry her?
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
3. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
5. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)