|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He consoles Lily.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
2. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
(b) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
(c) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(d) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
3. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
(a) Bertha is still angry at Lily for keeping Lawrence Selden from her.
(b) Lily is in love with Ned Silverton.
(c) George Dorset is in love with Lily.
(d) Lily doesn't include Bertha in her activities with her friends in her social circle.
4. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
5. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carry Fischer's job?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
3. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
4. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
5. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)