|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(b) An offer of a loan.
(c) Investment advice.
(d) A marriage proposal.
2. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) London, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) New York City, New York.
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Ashamed of herself.
(b) Frightened of George Dorset.
(c) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(d) Proud of herself.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He consoles Lily.
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(b) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(c) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
2. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
3. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)