|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. Who are the Welly Brys?
(a) A traveling group of entertainers who specialize in parties for the social elite.
(b) The investment firm where Gus Trenor invested Lily's money.
(c) A newly rich family determined to undermine Mrs. Trenor's social success.
(d) A newly rich family trying to join Lily's social circle.
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(c) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(d) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
4. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They are both in love with other people.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) Their true feelings for each other.
(d) They share the same ideas of success in life.
5. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
(a) Bertha Dorset is coming to see him.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She is afraid of George Dorset and wants Lawrence Selden to find another place for her to stay.
(d) George Dorset is coming to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
3. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)