|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(b) She is going to confront George.
(c) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
(d) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
2. In book 1, chapter 14, what makes Gerty realize that Lawrence Selden is not in love with her?
(a) Gerty sees the attraction between Lawrence and Lily when she comes to Gerty's apartment.
(b) Bertha Dorset tracks Lawrence Selden down at Gerty's and tells him that he can have Lily.
(c) He tells Gerty that he does not want to marry her.
(d) His feelings for Lily are obvious when he speaks of her at dinner.
3. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
4. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They want to divorce immediately.
(b) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
(c) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
(d) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
3. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
5. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)