|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
(a) Bertha tells the guests about Lily's financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) Bertha tells the guests that Lily has spread gossip about each and every one of them.
(c) Bertha tells the guests that Lily had an affair with George.
(d) Bertha announces that Lily will not be returning to the yacht with them that night.
2. Who are the Welly Brys?
(a) A newly rich family determined to undermine Mrs. Trenor's social success.
(b) A traveling group of entertainers who specialize in parties for the social elite.
(c) The investment firm where Gus Trenor invested Lily's money.
(d) A newly rich family trying to join Lily's social circle.
3. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Spends time with her aunt.
(b) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
(c) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
(d) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
4. What happens to Simon Rosedale's fortune as the stock market drops?
(a) His stock portfolio is cut in half.
(b) He loses everything.
(c) It grows.
(d) He breaks even.
5. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(b) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
(c) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(d) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
3. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
4. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
5. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)