|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(c) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) He wants to see her the next day.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) The weather is perfect.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
4. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(b) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
(c) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
(d) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
5. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lily's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
5. What does Lily intend to do with her inheritance from her aunt?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)