|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
(a) The thought that the rest of the family will receive nothing from her aunt.
(b) The knowledge that her aunt loved her very much.
(c) Her impending inheritance.
(d) The realization that her social standing is intact.
2. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
(a) Success is attaining all the goals one has set out to achieve.
(b) Success is freedom from materialism.
(c) Success is the ability to purchase anything one desires.
(d) Success is doing well in the stock market.
3. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
(a) Lawrence Selden is working to pay off Lily's debt to Gus Trenor.
(b) He and Gus Trenor are involved in a real estate business deal.
(c) Lawrence Selden is Mrs. Trenor's divorce lawyer.
(d) To get over Lily.
4. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
(a) He asks Lily to leave the yacht.
(b) He asks Lily to convince George Dorset to speak to Bertha about her.
(c) He asks Lily to speak to Bertha.
(d) He says he will move onto the yacht to help protect Lily.
5. What is Lily's reaction after aunt's will is read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
2. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
3. Who gains the most from Lily's aunt's will?
4. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
5. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)