|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
(a) Bertha tells the guests that Lily has spread gossip about each and every one of them.
(b) Bertha tells the guests about Lily's financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(c) Bertha announces that Lily will not be returning to the yacht with them that night.
(d) Bertha tells the guests that Lily had an affair with George.
3. In book 1, chapter 14, what makes Gerty realize that Lawrence Selden is not in love with her?
(a) Gerty sees the attraction between Lawrence and Lily when she comes to Gerty's apartment.
(b) He tells Gerty that he does not want to marry her.
(c) His feelings for Lily are obvious when he speaks of her at dinner.
(d) Bertha Dorset tracks Lawrence Selden down at Gerty's and tells him that he can have Lily.
4. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She calmly relates the events that occurred with Gus Trenor.
(b) She has a breakdown and falls asleep in Gerty's bed.
(c) She stares out the window speechlessly.
(d) She cries hysterically and tells Gerty what happened with Gus Trenor.
5. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
(a) He is pressuring her to spend time with him.
(b) He is threatening to have her ousted from her social circle.
(c) He is pressuring Lily for more money.
(d) He is threatening to tell Mrs. Trenor about their financial arrangement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 1, what concerns Lawrence Selden and Lord Hubert Dacey about Lily?
2. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
3. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)