|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
2. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Loses it playing poker.
(c) Invests it.
(d) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(b) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to confront George.
4. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
(b) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(c) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(d) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
2. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
4. Who is Grace Stepney?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)