|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It continues her bad mood.
(b) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(c) It helps improve her mood.
(d) It doesn't affect her mood.
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is afraid for Gerty.
(b) She feels sympathy toward her.
(c) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(d) She envies Gerty's situation.
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A divorced party guest.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
3. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
5. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)