|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(c) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(d) Burn them.
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
(a) For attending the tasteless party.
(b) For risking money playing bridge at the party.
(c) For speaking to too many other men at the party.
(d) For showing too much of her body at the party.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(a) The train station.
(b) Her aunt's home.
(c) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(b) The weather is perfect.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
4. What does nouveau riche mean?
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)