|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Lily's married sister.
(b) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Gus Trenor's niece.
2. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily has no other social engagements.
(b) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(c) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
3. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to marry her.
(b) She wants him to loan her money.
(c) She wants him to be her friend.
(d) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) Cleaning day.
(c) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
2. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
3. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)