|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
(a) The sound of a car.
(b) Lily's realization that she forgot to assist Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Bertha Dorset calling for Lawrence Selden.
(d) A sudden downpour.
2. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
3. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
(a) She laughs at Bertha's feeble attempt to blame Lily for her problems.
(b) She attempts to defend herself.
(c) She bursts into tears and flees the party.
(d) She calmly asks Lawrence Selden to walk with her to her cab.
4. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He wants to see her the next day.
(b) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(c) He tells her that he loves her.
(d) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)