|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
2. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(b) Lily's cousin.
(c) Lily's married sister.
(d) Gus Trenor's niece.
3. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(b) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(c) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
4. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She envies Gerty's situation.
(b) She is afraid for Gerty.
(c) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(d) She feels sympathy toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
2. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
3. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
4. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
5. What does Lily do when she arrives at Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)