|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
(a) She is afraid to ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) She says it would be risky for her to marry him.
(c) She won't tell Bertha Dorset what she really thinks of her.
(d) She lied to Percy about having a headache.
2. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(a) A vacation.
3. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
(a) She laughs at Bertha's feeble attempt to blame Lily for her problems.
(b) She attempts to defend herself.
(c) She calmly asks Lawrence Selden to walk with her to her cab.
(d) She bursts into tears and flees the party.
4. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(b) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(c) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(d) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
5. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(b) Invests it.
(c) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Loses it playing poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carry Fischer's job?
2. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
5. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)