|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(b) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(c) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
2. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Send Lily back to New York.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Speak to Bertha.
3. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) While she is waiting at the train station.
(b) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(c) After visiting her dressmaker.
(d) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
4. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
(a) Wealthy distant relatives of Lily live in Alaska.
(b) Carry Fischer suggests there will be wealthy bachelors on the trip.
(c) Carry Fischer suggests Lily take her place with Carry Fischer's new family.
(d) Carry Fischer suggests that Lily find a new place to start over.
5. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It continues her bad mood.
(b) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(c) It helps improve her mood.
(d) It doesn't affect her mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawrence Selden see when he goes to the Trenor house to look for Lily?
2. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
3. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
4. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)