|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(b) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(c) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(d) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
2. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's best friend.
(b) Lily's cousin.
(c) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(d) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
3. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(a) The train station.
(b) Her aunt's home.
(d) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
4. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Early 1800s.
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A divorced party guest.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
3. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
4. What brings Lily comfort even as she grieves for her aunt?
5. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)