|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
(b) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(c) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(d) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
2. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) George Dorset.
(d) Judy Trenor.
3. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) A novel about rich people.
(b) Rich food.
(c) A novel about money.
(d) New money.
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Simon Rosedale's fortune as the stock market drops?
2. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
4. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
5. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)