|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) Her busy social schedule.
(c) Mutual acquaintances.
(d) The stock market.
2. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(b) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(c) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(d) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
(a) Her success in charades.
(b) Winning a large sum of money playing bridge.
(c) Her success in nouveau riche.
(d) Her success in tableaux vivants.
4. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
(b) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(c) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
(d) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
5. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She is an investment broker.
(d) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
2. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)