|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She sends her companion to get him.
(b) She avoids him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is happy to see him.
2. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Send Lily back to New York.
(d) Speak to Bertha.
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(c) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
4. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(b) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(d) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
2. Why does Lawrence Selden spend so much time working since he visited the Trenor home three months ago?
3. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)