|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Carry Fischer.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(b) After visiting her dressmaker.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
3. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Gus Trenor's niece.
(b) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Lily's married sister.
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
(c) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(d) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
5. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
(a) Lily's realization that she forgot to assist Mrs. Trenor.
(b) A sudden downpour.
(c) The sound of a car.
(d) Bertha Dorset calling for Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
2. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)