|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
(b) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(c) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(d) He wants Lily to give him more money.
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From the book she was reading on the train.
(c) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(d) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Proud of herself.
(b) Frightened of George Dorset.
(c) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(d) Ashamed of herself.
4. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She immediately agrees.
(b) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(c) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(d) She says she prefers a less popular location.
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(b) She misses the bus to church.
(c) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
2. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
3. Other than a vacation from work, why is Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo in book 2, chapter 1?
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)