|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Lily's aunt.
2. When do the events of chapter 14, book 1, begin?
(a) The same morning that Lily awakens to find two notes at her bedside.
(b) The night after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
(c) The morning of the party.
(d) A week after Lily's argument with Gus Trenor.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(b) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(c) She misses the bus to church.
(d) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
4. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
(a) She won't tell Bertha Dorset what she really thinks of her.
(b) She is afraid to ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) She lied to Percy about having a headache.
(d) She says it would be risky for her to marry him.
5. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party in the Adirondacks.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) The opera.
(d) A party at his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
3. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
4. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
5. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)