|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She says she prefers a less popular location.
(b) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(c) She immediately agrees.
(d) She becomes nervous and agitated.
2. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She envies Gerty's situation.
(b) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(c) She is afraid for Gerty.
(d) She feels sympathy toward her.
3. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is homeless, having lost everything to a conniving ex-fiance.
(b) She is poor and has to work to support her meager lifestyle.
(c) She is an heiress, independently wealthy.
(d) She lives with an aunt who finances her extravagant lifestyle.
4. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(b) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(c) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
(d) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
5. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) An exclusive fundraising event.
(b) The opera.
(c) A camp in the Adirondacks.
(d) A party at his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
2. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
3. Who are the Welly Brys?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
5. What happens to Simon Rosedale's fortune as the stock market drops?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)