|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(c) From the book she was reading on the train.
(d) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(d) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(c) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(d) Propose to Percy Gryce.
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A divorced party guest.
5. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(b) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) After visiting her dressmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
2. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)