|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) An exclusive fundraising event.
(b) A party at his apartment.
(c) A camp in the Adirondacks.
(d) The opera.
2. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
3. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) A novel about rich people.
(b) New money.
(c) Rich food.
(d) A novel about money.
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(b) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(d) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) A divorced party guest.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
3. Who are the Welly Brys?
4. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
5. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)