|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
2. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) The opera.
(b) A party in the Adirondacks.
(c) A party at his home.
(d) A prayer service.
4. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(c) Invests it.
(d) Loses it playing poker.
5. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She is a social worker.
(b) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
(c) She is an investment broker.
(d) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
2. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
3. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
4. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)