|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(b) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
(c) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(d) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
2. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) Paris, France.
3. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily has no other social engagements.
(b) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily needs to take a vacation.
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
5. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is going to work.
(b) She is going on vacation.
(c) She is going to a social engagement.
(d) She is waiting for an old friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
4. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
5. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)