|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
3. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lily's aunt.
4. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It doesn't affect her mood.
(b) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(c) It continues her bad mood.
(d) It helps improve her mood.
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(c) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(d) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
4. Who are the Welly Brys?
5. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)