|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They are both in love with other people.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(d) Their true feelings for each other.
2. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(b) A party.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) Cleaning day.
3. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
4. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
(a) She is not invited to the party.
(b) She has nothing suitable to wear to the party.
(c) The party is on the same night as another social engagement.
(d) She is not allowed to help plan the party.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(c) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(d) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
2. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
3. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
5. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)