|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
(b) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(c) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
(d) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
3. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
(a) She is afraid to ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) She lied to Percy about having a headache.
(c) She says it would be risky for her to marry him.
(d) She won't tell Bertha Dorset what she really thinks of her.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She becomes nervous and agitated.
(b) She immediately agrees.
(c) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(d) She says she prefers a less popular location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does nouveau riche mean?
2. Who are the Welly Brys?
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)