|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He wants to see her the next day.
(c) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
2. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(b) Investment advice.
(c) An offer of a loan.
(d) A marriage proposal.
3. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(b) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
(c) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(d) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
5. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(b) A stalker.
(c) Being dropped from her social circle.
(d) Gambling addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
4. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
5. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)