|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(b) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(c) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(d) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
3. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
(a) Success is freedom from materialism.
(b) Success is the ability to purchase anything one desires.
(c) Success is doing well in the stock market.
(d) Success is attaining all the goals one has set out to achieve.
4. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(b) Lily's married sister.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Gus Trenor's niece.
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He wants to see her the next day.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
2. Who decides to give a party around the holidays?
3. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
4. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
5. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)