|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mrs. George Dorset.
(b) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(c) Miss Gerty Farish.
(d) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
2. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) Cleaning day.
(c) A party.
(d) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
3. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) Their true feelings for each other.
(c) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(d) They are both in love with other people.
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(c) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(d) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
5. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) Lily's best friend.
(c) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(d) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
2. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
3. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)