|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Playing bridge.
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Searching for eligible bachelors.
2. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
(a) Lily envies Mrs. Dorset because she is attracted to Mrs. Dorset's husband.
(b) She envies the freedom of a married woman to get and discard a man without repercussions.
(c) She envies the attention Percy Gryce is giving to Mrs. Dorset.
(d) She envies Mrs. Dorset's freedom from worry about finances.
3. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Spends time with her aunt.
(b) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
(c) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
(d) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
4. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) Investment advice.
(c) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(d) An offer of a loan.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
2. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)