|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party in the Adirondacks.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) The opera.
(d) A party at his home.
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It helps improve her mood.
(b) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(c) It doesn't affect her mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(d) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
4. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(b) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(c) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(d) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
5. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) Rich food.
(b) A novel about money.
(c) A novel about rich people.
(d) New money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
3. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)