|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She doesn't know where else to go.
(b) She wants to donate money to Gerty's charity.
(c) She is trying to hide from Gus Trenor.
(d) She is hoping Gerty can lend her some money.
2. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(c) Their true feelings for each other.
(d) They are both in love with other people.
3. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
4. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Spends time with her aunt.
(b) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
(c) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
(d) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
5. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
(a) Her success in nouveau riche.
(b) Her success in tableaux vivants.
(c) Winning a large sum of money playing bridge.
(d) Her success in charades.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
2. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
3. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)