|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(d) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
3. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) A novel about money.
(b) A novel about rich people.
(c) Rich food.
(d) New money.
4. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
(b) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
(c) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(d) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
2. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
3. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
4. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)