|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
(a) Seeks revenge on Lily.
(b) Spends a great deal of money for a party dress.
(c) Sabotages the party.
(d) Demands an invitation.
2. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is afraid for Gerty.
(b) She feels sympathy toward her.
(c) She envies Gerty's situation.
(d) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
3. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(b) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(c) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(d) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
4. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(b) Being dropped from her social circle.
(c) Gambling addiction.
(d) A stalker.
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Carry Fischer.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
4. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)