|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
2. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) Cleaning day.
(c) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(d) A party.
3. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
(b) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(c) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(d) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
4. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(b) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(c) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(d) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
5. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She is a social worker.
(b) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
(c) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(d) She is an investment broker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
2. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
3. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
5. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)