|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) The weather is perfect.
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
3. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(b) She wants him to marry her.
(c) She wants him to be her friend.
(d) She wants him to loan her money.
4. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
(a) Success is freedom from materialism.
(b) Success is doing well in the stock market.
(c) Success is the ability to purchase anything one desires.
(d) Success is attaining all the goals one has set out to achieve.
5. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(b) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gerty Farish?
2. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
3. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
4. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)