|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It doesn't affect her mood.
(b) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(c) It continues her bad mood.
(d) It helps improve her mood.
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party at his home.
(b) The opera.
(c) A party in the Adirondacks.
(d) A prayer service.
4. What does Grace Stepney do in her anger about the party?
(a) Seeks revenge on Lily.
(b) Demands an invitation.
(c) Sabotages the party.
(d) Spends a great deal of money for a party dress.
5. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
2. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
4. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)