|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
2. Why is Grace Stepney angry about the party?
(a) She is not invited to the party.
(b) She is not allowed to help plan the party.
(c) She has nothing suitable to wear to the party.
(d) The party is on the same night as another social engagement.
3. Who are the Welly Brys?
(a) A newly rich family trying to join Lily's social circle.
(b) A newly rich family determined to undermine Mrs. Trenor's social success.
(c) The investment firm where Gus Trenor invested Lily's money.
(d) A traveling group of entertainers who specialize in parties for the social elite.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(d) Miss Gerty Farish.
5. Who is Grace Stepney?
(a) Lily's married sister.
(b) Simon Rosedale's cousin.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Gus Trenor's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
3. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
5. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)