|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
(a) Attends the opera with Simon Rosedale.
(b) Spends time with her aunt.
(c) Cares for Lily's younger cousins.
(d) Spends time with Gus Trenor.
2. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(b) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(c) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
3. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(d) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
3. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
4. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
5. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)