|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) Cleaning day.
(c) A party.
(d) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(c) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
3. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sends her companion to get him.
(c) She avoids him.
(d) She is happy to see him.
4. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(b) Early 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
5. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(b) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
(c) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(d) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
4. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)