|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Leave the party and return home immediately.
(b) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(c) Secretarial tasks.
(d) Take over her duties as hostess.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
3. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(c) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He is elated.
4. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She lives with an aunt who finances her extravagant lifestyle.
(b) She is poor and has to work to support her meager lifestyle.
(c) She is an heiress, independently wealthy.
(d) She is homeless, having lost everything to a conniving ex-fiance.
5. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
(a) She lied to Percy about having a headache.
(b) She says it would be risky for her to marry him.
(c) She won't tell Bertha Dorset what she really thinks of her.
(d) She is afraid to ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
3. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
4. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)