|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Miss Gerty Farish.
(b) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(c) Mrs. George Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(c) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses the bus to church.
(b) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(c) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(d) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
5. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)