|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(b) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(c) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(b) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(c) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(d) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
3. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(b) Mutual acquaintances.
(c) Her busy social schedule.
(d) The stock market.
4. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York City, New York.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
5. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)