|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(c) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(d) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
4. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
(b) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(c) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(d) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
5. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) Lily's best friend.
(c) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(d) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
3. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
4. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)