|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He is elated.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She avoids him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is happy to see him.
(d) She sends her companion to get him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. Who is Gerty Farish?
5. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)