|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
2. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
(b) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(c) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(d) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
3. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(b) They are both in love with other people.
(c) Their true feelings for each other.
(d) They have nothing in common.
4. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
(b) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(c) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(d) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(c) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(d) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
5. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)