|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Being dropped from her social circle.
(b) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(c) Gambling addiction.
(d) A stalker.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(d) Propose to Percy Gryce.
3. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
5. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
(a) She admits that Percy told her to stop smoking or he won't marry her.
(b) Their walk was to entice Percy.
(c) She admits that she knows Percy feels nothing for her.
(d) She admits that she proposed to Percy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
3. Who is Gerty Farish?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)