|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
3. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's cousin.
(b) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(c) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(d) Lily's best friend.
4. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From the book she was reading on the train.
(b) From her own hobby.
(c) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(d) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
5. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
2. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
5. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)