|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From the book she was reading on the train.
(b) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) From her own hobby.
(d) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
3. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
4. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) London, England.
5. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He consoles Lily.
(d) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)