|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(b) She misses the bus to church.
(c) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) Mutual acquaintances.
(c) The stock market.
(d) Her busy social schedule.
5. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(b) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(c) Lily's cousin.
(d) Lily's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
2. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
3. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
4. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)