|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
4. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1800s.
(b) Early 1900s.
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
(a) She declines his invitation because she is afraid she will miss her train.
(b) She immediately agrees.
(c) She says she prefers a less popular location.
(d) She becomes nervous and agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
2. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
3. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)