|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
2. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(d) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(b) He can help her with her money problems.
(c) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(b) While she is waiting at the train station.
(c) After visiting her dressmaker.
(d) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
5. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
5. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)