|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(b) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
(c) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(d) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(d) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
2. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
3. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
4. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
5. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)