|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
3. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) A divorced party guest.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
4. What do Lily and Lawrence Selden discover as they walk together on Sunday afternoon?
(a) They have nothing in common.
(b) They share the same ideas of success in life.
(c) They are both in love with other people.
(d) Their true feelings for each other.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
3. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
5. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)