|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
3. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her social schedule being too busy.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(b) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(d) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
5. What is Gerty's financial situation at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)