|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She avoids him.
(b) She is happy to see him.
(c) She sends her companion to get him.
(d) She cries.
2. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) A stalker.
(b) Being dropped from her social circle.
(c) Gambling addiction.
(d) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
3. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(d) A divorced party guest.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
2. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
3. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
4. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
5. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)