|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
2. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(b) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(c) Playing poker.
(d) Playing bridge.
3. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Early 1800s.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
5. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to be her friend.
(b) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(c) She wants him to marry her.
(d) She wants him to loan her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
2. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
3. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)