|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) He can help her with her money problems.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(c) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(d) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
3. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
(b) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
(c) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(d) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Miss Gerty Farish.
(d) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(c) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
5. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)