|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(b) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(c) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(d) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
3. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her social schedule being too busy.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
4. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(c) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(d) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) A divorced party guest.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
3. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
4. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
5. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)