|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(d) A divorced party guest.
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(c) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(d) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
3. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1800s.
4. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(b) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(c) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(d) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
5. In book 1, chapter 6, how is Lily able to spend Sunday afternoon with Lawrence Selden rather than Percy Gryce?
(a) She asks Bertha Dorset to lie for her.
(b) She lies to Percy about having a headache.
(c) Percy tells Lily he has a headache.
(d) She tells Percy she needs to help Mrs. Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
5. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)