|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
(a) She envies Mrs. Dorset's freedom from worry about finances.
(b) She envies the freedom of a married woman to get and discard a man without repercussions.
(c) She envies the attention Percy Gryce is giving to Mrs. Dorset.
(d) Lily envies Mrs. Dorset because she is attracted to Mrs. Dorset's husband.
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) After visiting her dressmaker.
(b) While she is waiting at the train station.
(c) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(d) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(d) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
4. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
(a) An introduction to one of Percy's high-placed colleagues.
(b) An offer of a loan.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) Investment advice.
5. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
(b) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(c) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(d) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
2. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
3. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
4. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)