|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) A stalker.
(b) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(c) Being dropped from her social circle.
(d) Gambling addiction.
4. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is waiting for an old friend.
(b) She is going to work.
(c) She is going on vacation.
(d) She is going to a social engagement.
5. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
(a) She envies the attention Percy Gryce is giving to Mrs. Dorset.
(b) She envies the freedom of a married woman to get and discard a man without repercussions.
(c) She envies Mrs. Dorset's freedom from worry about finances.
(d) Lily envies Mrs. Dorset because she is attracted to Mrs. Dorset's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
2. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)