|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(b) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(d) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(d) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
3. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) London, England.
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(b) She wants him to be her friend.
(c) She wants him to loan her money.
(d) She wants him to marry her.
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her social schedule being too busy.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
2. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
3. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)