|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) A divorced party guest.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Secretarial tasks.
(b) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(c) Leave the party and return home immediately.
(d) Take over her duties as hostess.
4. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(b) Playing bridge.
(c) Playing poker.
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
5. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)