|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1800s.
(b) Early 1900s.
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(c) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(d) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(b) She misses the bus to church.
(c) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(d) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A divorced party guest.
5. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(d) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
2. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)