|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(b) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
(c) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(d) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(b) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(c) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
3. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(b) After visiting her dressmaker.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
4. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
5. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
5. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)