|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
(a) She finds the man she wishes to marry.
(b) She gambles and loses most of her money.
(c) She is banished from the party for cheating.
(d) She repeats a hurtful rumor.
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
3. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(b) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) After visiting her dressmaker.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(c) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(d) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
3. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
4. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)