|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) After visiting her dressmaker.
(b) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
2. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
(a) She wants him to be her friend.
(b) She wants him to marry her.
(c) She wants him to find a place for her to live.
(d) She wants him to loan her money.
3. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) A stalker.
(b) Gambling addiction.
(c) Being dropped from her social circle.
(d) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
4. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
5. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(c) Playing bridge.
(d) Playing poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
4. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)