|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
2. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is waiting for an old friend.
(b) She is going on vacation.
(c) She is going to a social engagement.
(d) She is going to work.
3. How does Lily spend the first night of the party at Bellomont?
(a) Playing bridge.
(b) Searching for eligible bachelors.
(d) Playing poker.
4. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(c) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Propose to Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
5. What is Lily's reaction when Lawrence suggests that they have tea at a popular cafe near the train station while Lily waits for her train?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)