|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(d) From the book she was reading on the train.
2. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Gambling addiction.
(b) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
(c) A stalker.
(d) Being dropped from her social circle.
3. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Her reputation.
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(b) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(c) She misses the bus to church.
(d) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
3. Who is Gerty Farish?
4. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)