|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is afraid for Gerty.
(b) She feels sympathy toward her.
(c) She envies Gerty's situation.
(d) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
2. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
3. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A divorced party guest.
4. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
(b) After visiting her dressmaker.
(c) While she is waiting at the train station.
(d) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
5. Who is Gerty Farish?
(a) Lily's best friend.
(b) Lawrence Selden's married sister.
(c) Lawrence Selden's cousin.
(d) Lily's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
3. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
5. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)