|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(b) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(c) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(d) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
2. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) The stock market.
(b) Her busy social schedule.
(c) Mutual acquaintances.
3. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
(a) She feels sympathy toward her.
(b) She looks down on Gerty's situation.
(c) She envies Gerty's situation.
(d) She is afraid for Gerty.
4. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(b) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mrs. George Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(c) Miss Gerty Farish.
(d) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. How does Lawrence feel about Lily's reaction to his suggestion that they have tea at a popular cafe?
5. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)