|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) Mutual acquaintances.
(b) The stock market.
(d) Her busy social schedule.
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1900s.
(b) Early 1800s.
3. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(b) Miss Gerty Farish.
(c) Mrs. George Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
4. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Take over her duties as hostess.
(b) Secretarial tasks.
(c) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(d) Leave the party and return home immediately.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
2. What is the result of Lily's activities the first night of the party?
3. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)