|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
2. When does Lily run into Simon Rosedale?
(a) After visiting her dressmaker.
(b) While she is waiting at the train station.
(c) While taking a walk in the park with Lawrence Selden.
(d) As she is leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building after having tea.
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(c) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
4. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) The weather is perfect.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
4. What does Lily want from Lawrence at the beginning of the story?
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)