|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(b) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(c) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(d) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
2. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is waiting for an old friend.
(b) She is going to work.
(c) She is going to a social engagement.
(d) She is going on vacation.
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
4. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(c) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily hope will develop from the time she spent with Percy Gryce on the train to the party?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
3. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
4. How does Lily feel about Gerty's living conditions at the beginning of the story?
5. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)