|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's reaction when she sees Lawrence Selden while she is waiting for her train?
(a) She is happy to see him.
(b) She avoids him.
(c) She sends her companion to get him.
(d) She cries.
2. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1800s.
3. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
(a) Bertha tells the guests that Lily has spread gossip about each and every one of them.
(b) Bertha tells the guests that Lily had an affair with George.
(c) Bertha tells the guests about Lily's financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) Bertha announces that Lily will not be returning to the yacht with them that night.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(b) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(c) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(d) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
5. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(b) Lily has no other social engagements.
(c) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily needs to take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
2. What does Grace Stepney do in Lily's absence?
3. Which friend remains faithful to Lily after her aunt dies?
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
5. How does Lily treat her new friends, the Gormers?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)