Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lily Bart waiting for a train when she is first introduced in the book?
(a) She is going to work.
(b) She is going on vacation.
(c) She is waiting for an old friend.
(d) She is going to a social engagement.
2. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
3. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(b) She is an investment broker.
(c) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
(d) She is a social worker.
4. How does Lily view the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) She doesn't take the possibility of a stalker seriously.
(b) She considers the possibilty of revenge by a hurt party-goer silly.
(c) She panics, worried she will be dropped from her social circle.
(d) She views her gambling losses as a small price to pay to remain in her social circle.
5. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
(a) Success is freedom from materialism.
(b) Success is attaining all the goals one has set out to achieve.
(c) Success is doing well in the stock market.
(d) Success is the ability to purchase anything one desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)