Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(b) Early 1800s.
(d) Early 1900s.
2. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Paris, France.
3. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It doesn't affect her mood.
(b) It continues her bad mood.
(c) It helps improve her mood.
(d) It puts her in a cautious mood.
4. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From the book she was reading on the train.
(c) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(d) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(c) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lawrence Selden call Lily a coward during their walk?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
3. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
5. In book 1, chapter 6, what does Lily admit to Lawrence Selden about Percy Gryce as they walk together on Sunday afternoon ?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)