Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The House of Mirth take place during what period?
(a) Early 1900s.
(d) Early 1800s.
2. Where does The House of Mirth take place?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
3. While Lily and Lawrence Selden are walking together, what does he tell Lily about his idea of success?
(a) Success is the ability to purchase anything one desires.
(b) Success is freedom from materialism.
(c) Success is attaining all the goals one has set out to achieve.
(d) Success is doing well in the stock market.
4. What does Lily tell Simon when he questions her presence at Lawrence's apartment building?
(a) She says she had tea with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She says she was visiting a sick friend.
(c) She says she was looking for an apartment for herself.
(d) She says she visited a dressmaker in the building.
5. What problem might Lily have as shown by the results of her activities the first night of the party?
(a) Gambling addiction.
(b) A stalker.
(c) Being dropped from her social circle.
(d) Someone seeking revenge for the gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
3. What disturbs the moment of closeness between Lawrence Selden and Lily on their walk together?
4. Why is Lily envious of Mrs. Bertha Dorset's flirting with Percy Gryce at the party?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)