|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) The Duchess.
(c) Ned Silverton.
(d) Mrs. Bry.
3. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She tearfully and gratefully accepts.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She asks for time to think about it.
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(c) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(d) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(c) He wants to see her the next day.
(d) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
3. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
4. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
5. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)