|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
(a) When Mrs. Gormer discovers Lily asked George Dorset to come to their house.
(b) After Bertha Dorset speaks with Mrs. Gormer.
(c) When Lily announces she is returning to New York City.
(d) When Lily forgets to send a party invitation to an important member of their social circle.
2. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
(a) For speaking to too many other men at the party.
(b) For attending the tasteless party.
(c) For risking money playing bridge at the party.
(d) For showing too much of her body at the party.
3. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(c) Hide them.
(d) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
4. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
(a) Bertha Dorset ended her relationship with Ned.
(b) Bertha and Ned want to be together but don't want to marry.
(c) Bertha Dorset wants to marry Ned, but can't because George Dorset won't give Bertha a divorce.
(d) Bertha and Ned have married.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Mrs. Bry.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Ned Silverton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
2. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)