|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She asks for time to think about it.
(b) She immediately accepts it.
(c) She flatly refuses.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(b) It helps improve her mood.
(c) It doesn't affect her mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(b) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(c) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(d) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
5. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
(a) For risking money playing bridge at the party.
(b) For attending the tasteless party.
(c) For speaking to too many other men at the party.
(d) For showing too much of her body at the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
3. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
4. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
5. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)