|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Secretarial tasks.
(b) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(c) Take over her duties as hostess.
(d) Leave the party and return home immediately.
2. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party at his home.
(b) A party in the Adirondacks.
(c) The opera.
(d) A prayer service.
4. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
(b) Lily must leave the city.
(c) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(d) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
5. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
(b) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
(c) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(d) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
2. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
3. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
4. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
5. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)