|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
(a) Memory loss.
(b) Falling asleep around dangerous machinery at her job.
(c) Severe mood swings.
(d) Drug addiction.
2. What does Gerty Farish tell Ned Silverton's relatives about his relationship with Bertha Dorset?
(a) Bertha Dorset ended her relationship with Ned.
(b) Bertha and Ned have married.
(c) Bertha Dorset wants to marry Ned, but can't because George Dorset won't give Bertha a divorce.
(d) Bertha and Ned want to be together but don't want to marry.
3. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She wants to donate money to Gerty's charity.
(b) She is hoping Gerty can lend her some money.
(c) She doesn't know where else to go.
(d) She is trying to hide from Gus Trenor.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Bertha Dorset.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
2. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
5. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)