|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
(a) For risking money playing bridge at the party.
(b) For speaking to too many other men at the party.
(c) For attending the tasteless party.
(d) For showing too much of her body at the party.
2. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(b) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
(c) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
(d) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
3. Who are the Welly Brys?
(a) A newly rich family trying to join Lily's social circle.
(b) The investment firm where Gus Trenor invested Lily's money.
(c) A newly rich family determined to undermine Mrs. Trenor's social success.
(d) A traveling group of entertainers who specialize in parties for the social elite.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(b) The train station.
(c) Her aunt's home.
(d) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(c) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(d) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
3. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
5. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)