|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(b) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
(c) The train station.
(d) Her aunt's home.
2. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(b) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(c) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(b) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(c) She misses the bus to church.
(d) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(b) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(c) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
(d) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
5. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Ashamed of herself.
(b) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(c) Proud of herself.
(d) Frightened of George Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
4. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
5. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)