|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
2. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(b) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Lily has no other social engagements.
(d) Lily needs to take a vacation.
3. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
(a) Memory loss.
(b) Severe mood swings.
(c) Falling asleep around dangerous machinery at her job.
(d) Drug addiction.
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(b) Her busy social schedule.
(c) Mutual acquaintances.
(d) The stock market.
5. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
(a) Bertha Dorset is visiting Mrs. Gormer.
(b) George Dorset is involved in a business deal with Mr. Gormer.
(c) The Gormers are having a party.
(d) Lily asked him to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
2. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
5. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)