|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily treat her new friends, the Gormers?
(a) She avoids them as much as possible.
(b) She treasures them.
(c) She ridicules them to others.
(d) She uses them.
2. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) Bertha Dorset.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) George Dorset.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront George.
(b) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
4. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
5. What causes Lily's insomnia?
(a) Her surroundings are noisy.
(b) She is worried about Bertha Dorset.
(c) The women at her job have threatened her life.
(d) She worries about her debt to Gus Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
2. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
3. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
4. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)