|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
(a) Social secretary.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Executive secretary.
(d) Bank secretary.
2. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Proud of herself.
(b) Frightened of George Dorset.
(c) Ashamed of herself.
(d) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
3. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
(a) He is pressuring Lily for more money.
(b) He is threatening to have her ousted from her social circle.
(c) He is threatening to tell Mrs. Trenor about their financial arrangement.
(d) He is pressuring her to spend time with him.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
5. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It helps improve her mood.
(b) It doesn't affect her mood.
(c) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
2. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
3. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. Out of fear for her safety from Bertha Dorset, what does Lawrence Selden want Lily to do ?
5. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)