|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(b) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He discontinues his finanacial support.
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) A divorced party guest.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
3. What is Carry Fischer's job?
(a) She helps newly rich families enter high society.
(b) She is a professional party-planner for the social elite.
(c) She is an investment broker.
(d) She is a social worker.
4. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
(a) Lily should attempt to mend her relationship with Bertha Dorset.
(b) Bertha Dorset will lose everything if George Dorset divorces her.
(c) Bertha Dorset is interested in becoming friends with Lily again.
(d) Bertha Dorset is gossiping about Lily to the Gormers.
5. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(b) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(c) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(d) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
2. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
5. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)