|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
(b) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
(c) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(d) Ned commits suicide.
2. What does nouveau riche mean?
(a) A novel about money.
(b) New money.
(c) Rich food.
(d) A novel about rich people.
3. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
(a) Return to New York City to get away from Bertha.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Renew her friendship with Bertha Dorset.
(d) Defend herself against Bertha's gossip.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Miss Gerty Farish.
(d) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
5. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
(a) They both blame Lily for forcing them to consider divorce.
(b) They have made up and probably won't divorce.
(c) They want to divorce immediately.
(d) They will wait until they return home to finalize their divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
5. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)