|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily fare at her new job?
(a) She takes a long time to learn but still does poorly.
(b) She takes a long time to learn and outperforms even those who have been doing the job for years.
(c) She learns quickly and does well.
(d) She is terrible at it.
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
(a) Lily needs to stay away from George Dorset.
(b) Lily must pay back her loan to Gus Trenor as soon as possible.
(c) Lily must marry as soon as possible.
(d) Lily needs to tell everyone the truth about what happened in Europe.
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(c) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
5. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(b) It doesn't affect her mood.
(c) It helps improve her mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
2. Why is George Dorset at the Gormer's home at the same time Lily was there?
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
4. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
5. How does Lily react to Bertha's betrayal of her at the dinner party ?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)