|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(c) He tells her that he loves her.
(d) He wants to see her the next day.
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A divorced party guest.
(c) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
3. In book 2, chapter 6, what does Carry Fischer tell Lily about Bertha Dorset ?
(a) Bertha Dorset is gossiping about Lily to the Gormers.
(b) Lily should attempt to mend her relationship with Bertha Dorset.
(c) Bertha Dorset is interested in becoming friends with Lily again.
(d) Bertha Dorset will lose everything if George Dorset divorces her.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
5. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(b) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
(c) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(d) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 3, how does Bertha betray Lily at the end of the dinner party ?
2. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
3. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
4. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
5. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)