|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
2. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) George Dorset.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Lawrence Selden congratulate Lily after her participation in the party entertainment ?
(a) Her success in tableaux vivants.
(b) Her success in charades.
(c) Winning a large sum of money playing bridge.
(d) Her success in nouveau riche.
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(b) A vacation.
5. In book 2, chapter 8, what does the situation with Bertha Dorset cause Ned Silverton to do?
(a) Ned resorts to gambling and causes his family to look for ways to support themselves.
(b) Ned commits suicide.
(c) Ned threatens George Dorset.
(d) Ned spends all his money on expensive gifts for Bertha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What type of work does Carry Fischer find for Lily?
3. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
5. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)