|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(b) Lily has no other social engagements.
(c) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He wants to see her the next day.
(b) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(c) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
3. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(b) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(c) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
4. What does George Dorset ask Lily to do while at the Gormers?
(a) Renew her friendship with Bertha Dorset.
(b) Return to New York City to get away from Bertha.
(c) Defend herself against Bertha's gossip.
(d) Marry him.
5. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
(a) George Dorset is coming to see him.
(b) She is afraid of George Dorset and wants Lawrence Selden to find another place for her to stay.
(c) Bertha Dorset is coming to see him.
(d) She wants to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
2. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
5. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)