|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 10, how does Lily react to Simon Rosedale's offer of help ?
(a) She tearfully and gratefully accepts.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She asks for time to think about it.
(d) She refuses.
2. In book 1, chapter 12, what type of party entertainment does Lily participate in?
(b) Tableaux vivants.
(c) Nouveau riche.
(d) A bridge tournament.
3. In book 1, chapter 12, why does Gus Trenor criticize Lily after her participation in the party entertainment?
(a) For speaking to too many other men at the party.
(b) For attending the tasteless party.
(c) For showing too much of her body at the party.
(d) For risking money playing bridge at the party.
4. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
(b) Lily must leave the city.
(c) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(d) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(b) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
2. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)