|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(b) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(c) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(d) He is arrested.
2. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Send Lily back to New York.
(b) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(c) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(d) Speak to Bertha.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
4. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Carry Fischer.
(d) Gus Trenor.
5. What is the emotional atmosphere on the yacht when rumors of Bertha and Ned Silverton, and Lily and George are have spread?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Gormer's attitude change toward Lily?
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
3. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
4. When Lily returns from Alaska, what advice does Carry Fischer give her ?
5. What new job does Lily acquire in book 2, chapter 10?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)