|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her social schedule being too busy.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(b) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(c) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) She misses the bus to church.
4. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(c) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(d) Burn them.
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From her own hobby.
(b) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) From the book she was reading on the train.
(d) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)