|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
2. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(b) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
(c) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(d) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
3. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(d) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(c) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her social schedule being too busy.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(b) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
2. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
3. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
5. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)