|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A divorced party guest.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her social schedule being too busy.
(c) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(d) Hides them.
5. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(b) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)