|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Miss Gerty Farish.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(d) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Take over her duties as hostess.
(b) Secretarial tasks.
(c) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(d) Leave the party and return home immediately.
3. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(d) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(d) Burns them.
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) Cleaning day.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
3. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
5. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)