|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A divorced party guest.
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(b) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(b) Mrs. George Dorset.
(c) Miss Gerty Farish.
(d) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) He can help her with her money problems.
(b) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
2. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
3. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
5. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)