|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) He can help her with her money problems.
(c) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
2. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(b) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
(c) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(d) Propose to Percy Gryce.
5. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her social schedule being too busy.
(b) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(c) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(d) Her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
3. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)