|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(d) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
3. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(c) A party.
(d) Cleaning day.
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
(a) The stock market.
(b) Mutual acquaintances.
(c) Her busy social schedule.
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
(b) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(c) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(d) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
3. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)