|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(b) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(c) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(d) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(b) He can help her with her money problems.
(c) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
3. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(c) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
2. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
4. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)