|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
2. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) A party.
(b) Cleaning day.
(c) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(d) A prayer service.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(b) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(c) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(d) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(d) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
2. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
3. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
4. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
5. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)