|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(c) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(d) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
3. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Attend church with Percy Gryce.
(c) Propose to Percy Gryce.
(d) Propose to Lawrence Selden.
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
2. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)