|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(b) From the book she was reading on the train.
(c) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(d) From her own hobby.
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) The weather is perfect.
(b) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
4. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
(b) Miss Gerty Farish.
(c) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(d) Mrs. George Dorset.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)