|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) The weather is perfect.
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(b) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(c) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(d) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
3. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
(b) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
(c) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(d) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
4. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
(c) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(d) Burn them.
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
(a) If she should agree to marry Simon Rosedale.
(b) If she should ask Gus Trenor for a loan
(c) If Lawrence Selden came to Bellomont to see her or Bertha Dorset.
(d) If she should really go through with her plan to win over Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
3. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
4. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)