|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(b) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(c) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
(d) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
3. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) The weather is perfect.
(c) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(b) She misses the bus to church.
(c) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
(d) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
2. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
5. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)