|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
2. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
3. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
(a) She misses the bus to church.
(b) She is late for breakfast, risking her social standing.
(c) She misses spending time with Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(d) She misses Gus Trenor whom she wanted to ask for a loan.
4. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)