|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(b) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(c) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(d) The weather is perfect.
2. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
(c) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
3. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Gives them back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Gives them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(a) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
(c) Her aunt's home.
(d) The train station.
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
3. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
4. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)