|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
2. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(b) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(c) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(d) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
3. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
(a) Mrs. Edith Wharton.
(b) Miss Gerty Farish.
(c) Mrs. George Dorset.
(d) Mr. Simon Rosedale.
4. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
(a) Arrival of an important member of Lily's social circle.
(b) A party.
(c) Cleaning day.
(d) A prayer service.
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Percy Gryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
4. What hobby of Percy Gryce's does Lily discuss with him while on the train to the party at Bellomont?
5. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)