|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It continues her bad mood.
(b) It helps improve her mood.
(c) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(d) It doesn't affect her mood.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
(c) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(d) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(d) The weather is perfect.
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
2. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
4. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)