|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(d) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
(a) To walk to church to meet Percy Gryce on his way home from church.
(b) Catching up with her high-ranking friends in her social circle.
(c) To complete a chore for Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Getting fresh air to get rid of her headache.
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(d) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
5. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It helps improve her mood.
(b) It doesn't affect her mood.
(c) It puts her in a cautious mood.
(d) It continues her bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
3. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
4. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
5. Who interrupts Lily's flirtations with Percy on the train?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)