|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(b) Leave the party and return home immediately.
(c) Take over her duties as hostess.
(d) Secretarial tasks.
2. How does Lily acquire letters found by Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Mrs. Haffen leaves them outside Lily's door.
(b) Lily finds them in Mrs. Haffen's cleaning supplies.
(c) Mrs. Haffen sells the letters to Lily.
(d) After Mrs. Haffen finds them, she gives them to Lawrence Selden, who gives them to Lily.
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(b) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He consoles Lily.
5. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
(b) Lawrence Selden's apartment.
(c) The train station.
(d) Her aunt's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
3. In book 1, chapter 9, what is happening at the place Lily goes after her cousin's wedding?
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
5. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)