|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lily angry with herself following the meeting with Simon Rosedale as she was leaving Lawrence Selden's apartment building?
(a) She is angry for letting herself be seen talking to Simon Rosedale.
(b) She is angry because she didn't think quickly enough to give a satisfactory explanation for being there.
(c) She is angry because of the way she treated Simon Rosedale.
(d) She is angry becase she forgot to ask Simon Rosedale for a loan.
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A divorced party guest.
(d) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
(a) A chat between Lawrence Selden and Bertha Dorset.
(b) A business meeting between Gus Trenor and Simon Rosedale.
(c) The church service which Percy Gryce is attending.
(d) A chat between Percy Gryce and Mrs. Trenor.
4. In book 1, chapter 5, why does Lily waste time once she is outside after leaving the library?
(a) She hopes Lawrence Selden will catch up with her.
(b) She wants to have as much time as possible outside to get rid of her headache.
(c) The weather is perfect.
(d) She hopes Percy Gryce will walk by on his way home from church.
5. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
(a) From a conversation with Lawrence Selden.
(b) From gossip with friends in her own social circlre.
(c) From the book she was reading on the train.
(d) From her own hobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
3. In book 1, chapter 5, what is Lily's initial motive for going outside after leaving the library on Sunday afternoon?
4. What does Lily actually do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)