|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the situation at the place where Lily goes after her cousin's wedding affect her mood?
(a) It helps improve her mood.
(b) It continues her bad mood.
(c) It doesn't affect her mood.
(d) It puts her in a cautious mood.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Secretarial tasks.
(b) Take over her duties as hostess.
(c) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
(d) Leave the party and return home immediately.
3. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
4. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
5. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
(b) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(c) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(d) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily intend to do on Sunday morning?
2. Where does Lily acquire the knowledge to discuss Percy's hobby?
3. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
4. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
5. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)