|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily's plan for Percy Gryce whom she meets while on the train to Bellomont?
(a) Lily plans to be a matchmaker for Percy Gryce and Bertha Dorset.
(b) Lily plans to win Percy Gryce over so he will propose marriage to her.
(c) Lily plans to flirt with Percy Gryce to make Lawrence Selden jealous.
(d) Lily plans to ask Percy Gryce for a loan.
2. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her social schedule being too busy.
(c) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
(d) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
(a) She is socially isolated.
(b) She is able to buy her way into a new social circle.
(c) She wants to sever her relationships with everyone in her former social circle.
(d) She is accepted back into her old social circle with the Trenors and the VanOsburghs.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(d) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
2. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
3. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
4. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
5. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)