Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about at the beginning of chapter 2, book 1?
(a) Being on time for the party at Bellomont.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her social schedule being too busy.
(d) Making friends at the party at Bellomont.
2. What does Lily intend to do with the letters she acquired from Mrs. Haffen, Lawrence Selden's cleaning lady?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Give them back to Lawrence Selden..
(d) Give them to Gerty Farish for safekeeping.
3. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
4. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
5. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
2. In book 1, chapter 5, what does Lily purposefully interrupt on Sunday morning?
3. In book 1, chapter 9, where does Lily go after her cousin's wedding ?
4. What is Lily wondering about the night before she intends to go to Sunday morning church services with Percy Gryce?
5. What happens while Lily is deep in thought on Sunday morning before church?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)