|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He consoles Lily.
(b) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(c) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(d) He goes for a walk to be alone.
2. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(b) She is going to confront George.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Mrs. Bry.
(d) Ned Silverton.
4. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(d) He orders Lily to leave the house.
5. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(b) Lily has no other social engagements.
(c) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(d) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
4. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
5. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)