|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party at his home.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A party in the Adirondacks.
(d) The opera.
4. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(b) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily has no other social engagements.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront George.
(b) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
2. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
3. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
5. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)