|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) He can help her with her money problems.
(d) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
2. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(b) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
(d) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
3. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Percy Gryce.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
4. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
2. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
3. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
4. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
5. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)