|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
(a) He is threatening to tell Mrs. Trenor about their financial arrangement.
(b) He is pressuring Lily for more money.
(c) He is threatening to have her ousted from her social circle.
(d) He is pressuring her to spend time with him.
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(c) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(d) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(b) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(c) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He can help her with her money problems.
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
5. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
2. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
3. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
4. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
5. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)