|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Take over her duties as hostess.
(b) Leave the party and return home immediately.
(c) Secretarial tasks.
(d) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(c) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
(d) He wants to see her the next day.
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(d) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
4. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Frightened of George Dorset.
(b) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(c) Proud of herself.
(d) Ashamed of herself.
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(c) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(d) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
5. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)