|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Speak to Bertha.
(c) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Send Lily back to New York.
2. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(d) He orders Lily to leave the house.
3. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
(b) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Mrs. Bry.
(d) Ned Silverton.
5. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He consoles Lily.
(c) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(d) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
2. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
3. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
5. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)