|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(b) Lily has no other social engagements.
(c) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
(d) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
2. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(b) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(c) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
(a) He reveals that he knows about her financial arrangement with Gus Trenor.
(b) He wants to see her the next day.
(c) He tells her that he loves her.
(d) He tells her that he has proposed to Gerty Farish.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
2. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
3. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
4. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)