|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(c) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) He can help her with her money problems.
(c) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(d) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) The opera.
(b) An exclusive fundraising event.
(c) A party at his apartment.
(d) A camp in the Adirondacks.
4. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Send Lily back to New York.
(c) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(d) Speak to Bertha.
5. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
(b) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
(c) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(d) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
2. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)