|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
(b) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(c) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(d) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
2. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Ned Silverton.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Mrs. Bry.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
(b) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(c) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is going to confront George.
4. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) The opera.
(b) A party at his apartment.
(c) A camp in the Adirondacks.
(d) An exclusive fundraising event.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
3. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
4. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)