|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Percy Gryce.
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Frightened of George Dorset.
(b) Ashamed of herself.
(c) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(d) Proud of herself.
4. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
5. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
(a) Percy Gryce.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
2. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
5. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)