|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(d) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
2. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(c) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
3. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
(a) The bank foreclosed on the yacht.
(b) Bertha and Ned Silverton did not come back to the yacht until morning.
(c) He is afraid Bertha will hear the rumor about him and Lily.
(d) Bertha asked George for a divorce.
4. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(b) A divorced party guest.
(c) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(d) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
5. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
(a) Ask Gus Trenor for a loan.
(b) Send Lily back to New York.
(c) Speak to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Speak to Bertha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
2. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
4. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
5. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)