|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(b) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
(c) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
2. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
(b) Frightened of George Dorset.
(c) Ashamed of herself.
(d) Proud of herself.
3. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(c) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(d) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
4. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Mrs. Bry.
(d) Ned Silverton.
5. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
(a) Her aunt's disappointment in her.
(b) Her troubles with Gus Trenor.
(c) Her situation with Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
2. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Lawrence Selden say ?
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
4. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
5. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)