|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Mrs. Bry.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Ned Silverton.
2. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
3. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She doesn't know where else to go.
(b) She is trying to hide from Gus Trenor.
(c) She is hoping Gerty can lend her some money.
(d) She wants to donate money to Gerty's charity.
4. What does Lily realize when she discovers that Mrs. Trenor is actually at Bellomont?
(a) Mrs. Trenor suspects that Lily and Gus are having a love affair.
(b) Gus Trenor tricked Lily into seeing him alone.
(c) Mrs. Trenor has been ill for an extended period of time.
(d) Gus Trenor is going to discontinue his financial support of Lily.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 10, why does Lily want to avoid seeing Gus Trenor?
2. Why is George Dorset upset when Lily meets him on her way back to the yacht from the casino?
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)