|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, how does Percy Gryce react after Bertha Dorset talks to him about Lily?
(a) He tells Bertha to mind her own business.
(b) He goes for a walk to be alone.
(c) He leaves Bellomont immediately.
(d) He consoles Lily.
2. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(b) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(c) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(d) He is arrested.
3. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(b) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(d) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
4. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
(a) Proud of herself.
(b) Ashamed of herself.
(c) Frightened of George Dorset.
(d) Envious of Bertha Dorset.
5. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
(a) She is going to confront George.
(b) She is going to blame Lily for the problems between her and George.
(c) She is going to confront Carry Fischer about spreading gossip.
(d) She is going to speak to Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
2. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
3. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
4. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)