|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily to do in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Take over her duties as hostess.
(b) Secretarial tasks.
(c) Leave the party and return home immediately.
(d) Introduce her to Percy Gryce.
2. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He orders Lily to leave the house.
(b) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(c) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(d) He is arrested.
3. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
(a) Her aunt has become deathly ill and has no one else to care for her.
(b) Mrs. Trenor threatens to tell Percy Gryce that Lily is searching for a wealthy husband.
(c) She is the least wealthy member of her social group, so her soacial standing depends on helping Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Everyone at the party must take turns helping Mrs. Trenor.
4. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
(a) A party guest at the top of Lily's social circle.
(b) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) Lily's rival for Percy Gryce.
5. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party in the Adirondacks.
(b) A party at his home.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) The opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
2. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 7, who meets Lily when she returns from her walk with Lawrence Selden ?
4. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
5. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)