|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She wants to donate money to Gerty's charity.
(b) She is trying to hide from Gus Trenor.
(c) She is hoping Gerty can lend her some money.
(d) She doesn't know where else to go.
2. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
3. How does Lily feel when she learns that Gus Trenor told Simon Rosedale about their financial arrangement?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
(a) Mrs. Trenor wants to see Lily.
(b) Mrs. Trenor invites Lily to a party at Bellomont the next weekend.
(c) Mrs. Trenor warns Lily to stay away from Gus Trenor.
(d) Mrs. Trenor asks Lily to do some chores for her.
5. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
(a) He discontinues his finanacial support.
(b) He pushes Lily down a flight of stairs.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He orders Lily to leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
2. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
3. How does Lily feel when she wakes up on the Dorset's yacht the morning after she sees Lawrence Selden in Nice?
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
5. Who accompanies Simon and Lily to the event ?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)