|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Lawrence Selden.
(c) Percy Gryce.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
2. When Lily arrives at the Trenor house, what does Gus Trenor first tell Lily about Mrs. Trenor?
(a) Mrs. Trenor is ill upstairs.
(b) Mrs. Trenor is angry with Lily.
(c) Mrs. Trenor is visiting friends out of town.
(d) Mrs. Trenor wants a divorce.
3. Why does Lily join a party with Carry Fischer and another couple in the Adirondacks?
(a) Lily wants to spend the money she received from Gus Trenor.
(b) Lily needs to take a vacation.
(c) Lily has no other social engagements.
(d) Lily wants to get away from Gus Trenor.
4. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
(a) The opera.
(b) A camp in the Adirondacks.
(c) A party at his apartment.
(d) An exclusive fundraising event.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(d) He is elated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
2. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
3. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
4. Why must Lily comply with Mrs. Trenor's request in book 1, chapter 4?
5. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)