|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily go to Gerty Farish's apartment after her confrontation with Gus Trenor at his house?
(a) She doesn't know where else to go.
(b) She is hoping Gerty can lend her some money.
(c) She is trying to hide from Gus Trenor.
(d) She wants to donate money to Gerty's charity.
2. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) A party in the Adirondacks.
(b) The opera.
(c) A party at his home.
(d) A prayer service.
3. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(d) A divorced party guest.
4. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
(a) He can help her with her money problems.
(b) She is attracted to Gus Trenor.
(c) Gus Trenor is attracted to her.
(d) Gus Trenor can speak to Percy Gryce for her.
5. What does Mrs. Trenor tell Lily after Bertha Dorset talks to Percy Gryce about her?
(a) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to forget about Percy Gryce.
(b) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily what Bertha Dorset said about her.
(c) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to confront Bertha Dorset.
(d) Mrs. Trenor tells Lily to ignore Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Dorset decide to do after Lily finds him upset on her way back to the yacht?
2. Who appears at the party at Bellomont at the end of the third day?
3. In book 2, chapter 2, how does Bertha Dorset intend to clear her own name regarding the rumors about her and Ned Silverton?
4. What does the note that Lily finds next to her bedside from Judy Trenor say ?
5. Whom did the hostess of the party promise Mrs. George Dorset would be at the party?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)