|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Van Osburgh?
(a) The hostess of the party at Bellomont.
(b) Lily's aunt, with whom she resides.
(c) A divorced party guest.
(d) A wealthy social rival of Mrs. Trenor.
2. Why does Mrs. Trenor ask Lily, instead of Carry Fischer, to go to the train station to pick up her husband ?
(a) Carry Fischer has a questionable reputation.
(b) Carry Fischer always asks Gus Trenor for money.
(c) Carry Fischer is too flirtatious.
(d) Gus specifically requests that Lily pick him up at the train station.
3. In book 2, chapter 2, who does Lily decide to become friends with after Carry Fischer warns Lily about her behavior the previous night ?
(a) Mrs. Bry.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Ned Silverton.
4. What event does George Dorset invite Lily to in book 1, chapter 10?
(a) The opera.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A party at his home.
(d) A party in the Adirondacks.
5. What is Gus Trenor's reaction when Lily tells him that Mrs. Trenor wants her to marry Percy Gryce?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He tells Lily how much money Percy Gryce makes.
(c) He tells Lily he will speak to Percy Gryce for her.
(d) He is elated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Lily forget about as she spends time in Europe?
2. What does Lily realize as she chats with Gus Trenor on the way home from the train station?
3. In book 1, chapter 10, where does Simon Rosedale invite Lily to go?
4. What is the result of Gus's violence toward Lily?
5. Who is Mrs. Judy Trenor?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)