|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(c) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(d) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
2. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Invests it.
(b) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(d) Loses it playing poker.
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(d) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
4. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Insulted by his reasons.
(b) Crushed by his refusal.
(c) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(d) Refreshed by his honesty.
5. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
5. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)