|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(c) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(d) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
2. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(b) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
3. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She refuses to consider his idea.
(b) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
(c) She laughs at the idea.
(d) She agrees that it is a good idea.
4. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Loses it playing poker.
(b) Invests it.
(c) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(d) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
5. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
(a) Mrs. Gormer.
(b) George Dorset.
(c) Carry Fischer.
(d) Bertha Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
3. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
4. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
5. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)