|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(d) A vacation.
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(b) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(c) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(d) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
3. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(c) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(d) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(c) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
4. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
5. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)