|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Loses it playing poker.
(b) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(d) Invests it.
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(b) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(b) A vacation.
5. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Burn the letters.
(b) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(c) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(d) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
2. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
4. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
5. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)