|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gus Trenor.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gerty Farish.
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(b) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(c) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(d) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
4. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(c) Burn the letters.
(d) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
5. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)