|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(a) A vacation.
2. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(b) Invests it.
(c) Loses it playing poker.
(d) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
3. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(c) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(d) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
4. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
5. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(c) Burn the letters.
(d) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
2. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
3. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
4. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)