|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(d) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(c) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(d) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
4. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Loses it playing poker.
(b) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Invests it.
(d) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
5. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Lawrence Selden.
(d) Simon Rosedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
2. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
3. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
5. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)