|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Simon Rosedale.
(d) Gus Trenor.
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(b) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She flatly refuses.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She immediately accepts it.
(d) She asks for time to think about it.
5. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She agrees that it is a good idea.
(b) She refuses to consider his idea.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
(d) She laughs at the idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
2. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
4. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)