|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(b) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(c) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(d) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(b) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(c) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(d) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
2. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
3. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
4. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
5. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)