|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
2. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gerty Farish.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
3. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(b) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(c) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
(d) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(a) A vacation.
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(c) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
4. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
5. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)