|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(b) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(c) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
3. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(b) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(c) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
5. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Invests it.
(b) Loses it playing poker.
(c) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(d) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
2. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
3. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)