|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Loses it playing poker.
(b) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Invests it.
(d) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She flatly refuses.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She asks for time to think about it.
(d) She immediately accepts it.
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
(a) He wants Lily to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants Lily to tell Mrs. Trenor that he wants a divorce.
(c) He wants Lily to give him more money.
(d) He wants Lily to work for him as his secretary.
5. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
3. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
4. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
5. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)