|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
2. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
(b) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(c) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
(d) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
3. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
4. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Burn the letters.
(b) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(c) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(d) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
5. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)