|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
2. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(c) A vacation.
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
(a) George Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Gormer.
(c) Carry Fischer.
(d) Bertha Dorset.
4. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She immediately accepts it.
(c) She flatly refuses.
(d) She asks for time to think about it.
5. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(b) Insulted by his reasons.
(c) Refreshed by his honesty.
(d) Crushed by his refusal.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
2. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
5. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)