|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(b) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
2. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(b) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(c) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
3. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
(a) She immediately accepts it.
(b) She asks for time to think about it.
(c) She flatly refuses.
(d) She laughs at him.
4. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Gerty Farish.
(c) Gus Trenor.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
5. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
(a) George Dorset.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) Carry Fischer.
(d) Mrs. Gormer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
2. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
3. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
5. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)