|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
(a) She is worried that her aunt noticed that she was not home.
(b) She is concerned that she will be seen leaving Gerty's which could risk her social standing.
(c) She is concerned that Gerty will think that Lily is now her best friend.
(d) She is worried that she will miss her meeting with Lawrence Selden.
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(d) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(b) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(c) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
(d) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
5. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
2. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
4. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
5. How does Lily feel when she first sees Percy Gryce at her cousin's wedding?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)