|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Crushed by his refusal.
(b) Refreshed by his honesty.
(c) Insulted by his reasons.
(d) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
2. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
3. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
4. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
5. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
2. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
3. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
4. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
5. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)