|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(b) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(c) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
2. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Lawrence Selden.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Gus Trenor.
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
(a) Insulted by his reasons.
(b) Crushed by his refusal.
(c) Relieved that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(d) Refreshed by his honesty.
4. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(b) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
5. In book 1, chapter 8, how does Mrs. Trenor feel about the friendship between Lily and Gus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. What does Lily's aunt assume Lily's debt is for?
4. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
5. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)