|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
(c) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(d) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
2. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
3. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
(a) Drunk, Gus Trenor shows up at Lily's door.
(b) She accepts an invitation from the Dorsets to cruise the Mediterranean.
(c) Lily's aunt discovers the truth about Lily's debt and asks her to leave the house.
(d) Lawrence Selden proposes to Lily.
4. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She agrees that it is a good idea.
(b) She laughs at the idea.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
(d) She refuses to consider his idea.
5. At four o'clock in the afternoon, who is supposed to visit Lily, but doesn't show ?
(a) Gus Trenor.
(b) Simon Rosedale.
(c) Gerty Farish.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
2. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
4. What does Gus Trenor want Lily to do now that he is a successful investor?
5. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)