One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 8, what does Gus Trenor do with Lily's money?
(a) Donates it to Lily's favorite charity.
(b) Spends it on Mrs. Trenor.
(c) Loses it playing poker.
(d) Invests it.
2. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She agrees that it is a good idea.
(b) She refuses to consider his idea.
(c) She laughs at the idea.
(d) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
3. Who convinces Lily to marry Simon Rosedale?
(a) George Dorset.
(b) Mrs. Gormer.
(c) Carry Fischer.
(d) Bertha Dorset.
4. How does Lily feel when she sees Lawrence Selden at her cousin's wedding?
5. What does Gerty Farish tell Lily about Percy Gryce?
(a) Percy is interested in Miss Van Osburgh.
(b) Percy is planning on proposing to Lily.
(c) Percy lost his fortune and is penniless.
(d) Percy is planning on proposing to Gerty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in book 1, chapter 15, as Lily is about to accept Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal?
2. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
3. In book 2, chapter 7, how does Lily feel when Simon Rosedale explains why he refuses to marry her?
4. What is Lily concerned about when she wakes up at Gerty's the morning after her argument with Gus Trenor?
5. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)