|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben buy with the $3 he is given by the person who gives him the money he was loaned?
2. What is the other word for the bad cop, as Ben recalls in his memory of a bad police experience?
3. Abel and his Relocation officer were already in the __________ office when Ben was called into his office one morning.
4. Francisco showed that the event which took place in #169 focused on those that were ___________.
5. Ben tried to share his __________ with Abel, but Abel would not take it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, it seems the portrayal of women is a bit less than fair, especially in the minds of female readers.
Part 1: What are the main characteristics the female characters in the book share?
Part 2: Are women shown to be strong and powerful? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think women aren't portrayed in a more positive light? Or are they?
Essay Topic 2
The initial opening with the trap that did not catch what it was intended to catch seems to be symbolic for the rest of the manuscript.
Part 1: In what way is Abel trapped in this story? Could he have avoided his trap?
Part 2: What other characters might be seen as trapped? Why?
Part 3: What might the symbolic dead body floating down the stream refer to in the story? Who also has been let go? Why?
Essay Topic 3
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)