Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
2. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
3. On the third day, Abel did not go out because it was _________, he was in pain, and he had no money.
4. Who gives Abel his only coat when he accompanies him to the bus station?
5. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
The rain is present at various points in the story, points where there are significant changes for the characters.
Part 1: Why is rain present at the time when Angela and Abel make love?
Part 2: Why do you think rain occurs when Abel leaves Los Angeles to go back to Walatowa?
Part 3: Why is rain present after Francisco dies?
At times, it seems the portrayal of women is a bit less than fair, especially in the minds of female readers.
Part 1: What are the main characteristics the female characters in the book share?
Part 2: Are women shown to be strong and powerful? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think women aren't portrayed in a more positive light? Or are they?
The idea of being different from others seems to affect each of the characters in different ways.
Part 1: How might Abel's life have been different had he not been thought of as foreign?
Part 2: Why do you think foreign is considered to be a bad thing in this book and in the lives of the characters?
Part 3: Do you believe that Abel is bad person? Why or why not?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)