Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
2. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
3. On the third day, Abel did not go out because it was _________, he was in pain, and he had no money.
4. Who gives Abel his only coat when he accompanies him to the bus station?
5. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
Essay Topic 1
While the title of this book refers to a specific location, it seems to also refer to other themes which are addressed in the book.
Part 1: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to the events which take place in this story?
Part 2: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to Abel's life and experiences in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think M. Scott Momaday chose the title he did?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of being different from others seems to affect each of the characters in different ways.
Part 1: How might Abel's life have been different had he not been thought of as foreign?
Part 2: Why do you think foreign is considered to be a bad thing in this book and in the lives of the characters?
Part 3: Do you believe that Abel is bad person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)