|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Abel his only coat when he accompanies him to the bus station?
2. The place that Francisco took Abel as a child was where the ________ was held, according to Francisco.
3. In a year or two, Abel and Ben would get back together to __________ one last time together.
4. Abel and his Relocation officer were already in the __________ office when Ben was called into his office one morning.
5. Ben remembered a girl who used to laugh the way Milly laughed. He met her at a squaw dance at ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abel makes the decision to go off to war, even though he'd never been in an automobile before or seen the world.
Part 1: Why do you think Abel decided to go off to war?
Part 2: What were some of the positive outcomes of Abel's tour in the foreign war?
Part 3: How might Abel's life have been different had he not gone off to fight in the war?
Essay Topic 2
There are vast differences between the older and the newer generations of Native Americans in this story.
Part 1: Compare and contrast the older and newer generations of Native Americans in this story.
Part 2: Do you think the newer generation of Native Americans is hopeful? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does Momaday seem to be saying for the future of Native Americans?
Essay Topic 3
The rain is present at various points in the story, points where there are significant changes for the characters.
Part 1: Why is rain present at the time when Angela and Abel make love?
Part 2: Why do you think rain occurs when Abel leaves Los Angeles to go back to Walatowa?
Part 3: Why is rain present after Francisco dies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)