|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francisco had a relationship with a young girl when he was younger, who was the child of a ________.
2. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
3. Who was NOT one of the people who hung out with Abel on his last night in town before leaving on the bus?
4. What is the other word for the bad cop, as Ben recalls in his memory of a bad police experience?
5. Returning to his horses, Francisco had smeared some of the _____________ onto the colt's muzzle.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's obvious that Momaday cares deeply for the Native American culture and its preservation, which makes sense as he is also of Native American descent.
Part 1: How do you think Momaday portrays Native Americans? In a positive way or in a negative way?
Part 2: How do you think Momaday's own cultural background may have influenced his storytelling?
Part 3: Had the author not been Native American, how might the story have changed?
Essay Topic 2
The role of nature is obvious in this story, with many of the important events taking place outside.
Part 1: Why do you think nature is important to the characters in the story?
Part 2: How might the story have changed had there been less nature and nature-based experiences for the characters?
Part 3: Do you believe nature to be an important part of your life?
Essay Topic 3
The structure of the storytelling seems to be something is very special to the Native American culture.
Part 1: Why is storytelling so important within the context of this story?
Part 2: Why are stories important to share with others, especially those we love?
Part 3: Why is it important for the priests in this book to relate the stories of history?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)