|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when all the other ___________ and events of their lives were to occur.
2. Abel also placed Francisco's pouches of pollen and __________, along with the sacred feathers by his side.
3. What was the most important set of tracks in the many tracks of animals Francisco had seen as a young man?
4. What is the other word for the bad cop, as Ben recalls in his memory of a bad police experience?
5. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The scene in which Abel kills the albino seems to be a striking and yet understandable scene.
Part 1: Why do you think Abel decided to kill the albino?
Part 2: How do you think Abel felt about killing the albino?
Part 3: What is the potential symbolism of this scene? What might it represent in terms of race relations, for example?
Essay Topic 2
The memories that flood back into Abel's mind give the reader a sense of who he was when he was younger, but also a sense of who is is in the present day.
Part 1: Why do you think Momaday decided to write about Abel through the memories he has?
Part 2: Why are memories a good way to get to know someone?
Part 3: Do you think the story would have been stronger if the life story of Abel had been told in a more conventional way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)