|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abel was young, Francisco took him across the Arroyo ________ to the edge of the red rock.
2. Who was NOT one of the people who hung out with Abel on his last night in town before leaving on the bus?
3. Who was the man at the party who continued to insult Abel, even though it was not directly?
4. Who did Abel tell about his grandfather's death first after riding to the mission?
5. Returning to his horses, Francisco had smeared some of the _____________ onto the colt's muzzle.
Essay Topic 1
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
Essay Topic 2
It's apparent that the role of spirituality is one that is important, even as it stretches across Walatowa and Los Angeles.
Part 1: Why are the priests so important within the context of the story?
Part 2: How does Father Olguin affect the other characters in this book?
Part 3: How does Tosamah affect others within the context of this story?
Essay Topic 3
The role of alcohol in this story is prevalent, with it changing the lives of all the bottle touches.
Part 1: Why is alcohol something so many people turn to in this story?
Part 2: Why doesn't alcohol seem to help anyone solve their problems?
Part 3: What might the story have been like without the presence of alcohol in the lives of the characters?
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)