|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francisco's girlfriend saw the reaction in #165 and she ___________ after the birthing process was over.
2. Ben made up a story about a beautiful ketoh in order to get Frazer to let him use the black __________.
3. Ben tried to share his __________ with Abel, but Abel would not take it.
4. What was the name of the bad cop that Ben had a bad experience with in the past?
5. What was the next job that the Relocation people got for Abel once he was out of jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While the title of this book refers to a specific location, it seems to also refer to other themes which are addressed in the book.
Part 1: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to the events which take place in this story?
Part 2: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to Abel's life and experiences in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think M. Scott Momaday chose the title he did?
Essay Topic 2
Very often, flashbacks are being use in the story to help the reader understand present day characters.
Part 1: Why are flashbacks used more often than present day narrative pieces?
Part 2: Why do you think flashbacks are triggered in Abel?
Part 3: What makes the flashbacks more powerful than the modern day actions and stories?
Essay Topic 3
The role of nature is obvious in this story, with many of the important events taking place outside.
Part 1: Why do you think nature is important to the characters in the story?
Part 2: How might the story have changed had there been less nature and nature-based experiences for the characters?
Part 3: Do you believe nature to be an important part of your life?
This section contains 1,499 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)