Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
2. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
3. On the third day, Abel did not go out because it was _________, he was in pain, and he had no money.
4. Who gives Abel his only coat when he accompanies him to the bus station?
5. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
Essay Topic 1
The rain is present at various points in the story, points where there are significant changes for the characters.
Part 1: Why is rain present at the time when Angela and Abel make love?
Part 2: Why do you think rain occurs when Abel leaves Los Angeles to go back to Walatowa?
Part 3: Why is rain present after Francisco dies?
Essay Topic 2
While it's never implicitly stated, Martinez obviously has a problem with Native Americans.
Part 1: List at least three examples of how Martinez displays his problem with Native Americans.
Part 2: Why do you think Momaday doesn't seem to create a more intense character of Martinez? Wouldn't it be easier to show Martinez as a prejudiced jerk?
Part 3: What does Martinez bring to the novel? What does his presence create in the book?
Essay Topic 3
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)