|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when the ___________ race would be held.
2. Where Abel was born was similar to the ___________ where Ben had come from.
3. What was the name of the foreman at the plant where Abel worked?
4. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
5. Who was the man at the party who continued to insult Abel, even though it was not directly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's apparent that the role of spirituality is one that is important, even as it stretches across Walatowa and Los Angeles.
Part 1: Why are the priests so important within the context of the story?
Part 2: How does Father Olguin affect the other characters in this book?
Part 3: How does Tosamah affect others within the context of this story?
Essay Topic 2
While the title of this book refers to a specific location, it seems to also refer to other themes which are addressed in the book.
Part 1: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to the events which take place in this story?
Part 2: How does the idea of 'dawn' relate to Abel's life and experiences in the story?
Part 3: Why do you think M. Scott Momaday chose the title he did?
Essay Topic 3
Very often, flashbacks are being use in the story to help the reader understand present day characters.
Part 1: Why are flashbacks used more often than present day narrative pieces?
Part 2: Why do you think flashbacks are triggered in Abel?
Part 3: What makes the flashbacks more powerful than the modern day actions and stories?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)