|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abel was young, Francisco took him across the Arroyo ________ to the edge of the red rock.
2. Winter had come to the land and Father Olguin was home in the ___________, alone and busy.
3. The sight of Francisco's child during the birth made him __________.
4. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
5. Returning to his horses, Francisco had smeared some of the _____________ onto the colt's muzzle.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Angela seems to be restless in her life, trying to seduce Abel and make herself feel pretty again.
Part 1: Why do you think Angela is so restless about her life?
Part 2: Do you think Angela's marriage is a happy one? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Abel decided to sleep with Angela, even though he doesn't think she's pretty?
Essay Topic 2
It's apparent that the role of spirituality is one that is important, even as it stretches across Walatowa and Los Angeles.
Part 1: Why are the priests so important within the context of the story?
Part 2: How does Father Olguin affect the other characters in this book?
Part 3: How does Tosamah affect others within the context of this story?
Essay Topic 3
There are vast differences between the older and the newer generations of Native Americans in this story.
Part 1: Compare and contrast the older and newer generations of Native Americans in this story.
Part 2: Do you think the newer generation of Native Americans is hopeful? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does Momaday seem to be saying for the future of Native Americans?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)