|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben tried to share his __________ with Abel, but Abel would not take it.
2. Who was the man at the party who continued to insult Abel, even though it was not directly?
3. What kind of animals were sitting around Francisco one night, right outside the light of his camp fire?
4. Abel was going home to the ______________ for a year or two, according to the plan he had.
5. What did Francisco complain of, even though there was no reason for his complaint as far as Abel could see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Abel makes the decision to go off to war, even though he'd never been in an automobile before or seen the world. Part 1: Why do you think Abel decided to go off to war? Part 2: What were some of the positive outcomes of Abel's tour in the foreign war? Part 3: How might Abel's life have been different had he not gone off to fight in the war?
Essay Topic 2During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places. Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places? Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places? Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
Essay Topic 3While it's never implicitly stated, Martinez obviously has a problem with Native Americans. Part 1: List at least three examples of how Martinez displays his problem with Native Americans. Part 2: Why do you think Momaday doesn't seem to create a more intense character of Martinez? Wouldn't it be easier to show Martinez as a prejudiced jerk? Part 3: What does Martinez bring to the novel? What does his presence create in the book?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)