|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a year or two, Abel and Ben would get back together to __________ one last time together.
2. After a long 12-hour shift at the plant, Ben and Abel went to Tosamah's for _________ and drinking.
3. Abel put ______________ on his grandfather's head and fashioned it in a queue.
4. The sight of Francisco's child during the birth made him __________.
5. Ben had made up the plan while Abel was still in __________, but Abel began to believe in it and so did Ben.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The structure of the storytelling seems to be something is very special to the Native American culture.
Part 1: Why is storytelling so important within the context of this story?
Part 2: Why are stories important to share with others, especially those we love?
Part 3: Why is it important for the priests in this book to relate the stories of history?
Essay Topic 2
Angela seems to be restless in her life, trying to seduce Abel and make herself feel pretty again.
Part 1: Why do you think Angela is so restless about her life?
Part 2: Do you think Angela's marriage is a happy one? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Abel decided to sleep with Angela, even though he doesn't think she's pretty?
Essay Topic 3
It's apparent that the role of spirituality is one that is important, even as it stretches across Walatowa and Los Angeles.
Part 1: Why are the priests so important within the context of the story?
Part 2: How does Father Olguin affect the other characters in this book?
Part 3: How does Tosamah affect others within the context of this story?
This section contains 1,497 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)