|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben had made up the plan while Abel was still in __________, but Abel began to believe in it and so did Ben.
2. Where would Ben and Abel sometimes go on Saturday mornings via the bus?
3. Martinez had Abel hold his _________ out so that he could strike them with his stick.
4. What was the name of the girl that Ben eventually met at the squaw dance, riding there from Sam Charley's place?
5. Francisco showed that the event which took place in #169 focused on those that were ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During retreats, people would give offerings and pray at various holy places.
Part 1: Why do you think people felt the need to give offerings at the holy places?
Part 2: What might have been some of the offerings you would have left at the holy places?
Part 3: How do you think the offerings to the holy places help the offering person feel about themselves or their lives?
Essay Topic 2
It's obvious that Momaday cares deeply for the Native American culture and its preservation, which makes sense as he is also of Native American descent.
Part 1: How do you think Momaday portrays Native Americans? In a positive way or in a negative way?
Part 2: How do you think Momaday's own cultural background may have influenced his storytelling?
Part 3: Had the author not been Native American, how might the story have changed?
Essay Topic 3
It's apparent that the role of spirituality is one that is important, even as it stretches across Walatowa and Los Angeles.
Part 1: Why are the priests so important within the context of the story?
Part 2: How does Father Olguin affect the other characters in this book?
Part 3: How does Tosamah affect others within the context of this story?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)