|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
2. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with the feet of a ___________.
3. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
(a) Red Road
(c) Blue River
4. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(b) His mother
5. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
2. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
3. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
4. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
5. Abel came upon a(n) ___________ house, a small tower of stone built around a pit, hollow and open at the top.
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred as a result of Abel's father being an outsider, even though Abel never knew him?
2. What is Abel's final memory before leaving to head off to the war to fight?
3. What did Abel do after realizing that his grandfather had died during a moment when Abel fell asleep?
4. Describe the life of Milly and how Abel recalls it unfolding as he is lying in the ditch, injured and unable to do anything but think.
5. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
6. What happened during the summer and the autumn rain retreats, according to the stories in the book?
7. Describe the creature that Tosamah's grandmother had described in a story about a man who set off to find food for his people.
8. What does Abel see as he is looking out over the rim of the Valle Grande?
9. Why didn't Abel go to see his grandfather's house on the third day after his arrival?
10. Who are the people who are at the prayer meeting with Tosamah at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)