|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
2. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
3. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
4. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
5. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel's final memory before leaving for war was his _____________ crying as he did not understand why Abel wanted to go.
2. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
3. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
4. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
5. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the memory Abel has of his grandfather calling him as he heard the old men pray?
2. What did Ben sign softly as he and Abel sat up on the hill before the final departure of Abel the next day?
3. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
4. What does Tosamah include in his sermon about the Word and Truth as he preaches in Los Angeles?
5. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
6. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
7. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
8. Who went up to the hill to get drunk the night before Abel left for the bus station?
9. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
10. When Abel's body is wracked with pain as he is lying in the ditch, what is the memory he recalls about his grandfather?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)