|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
2. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) In the air conditioned warehouse
(b) Near the trees
(c) Under umbrellas
(d) In the sun
3. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
4. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
(a) Volcanic Lake
(b) Valle Grande
(c) Rim Grande
(d) Case Grande
5. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with the feet of a ___________.
2. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
3. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
4. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
5. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things did Ben offer to Abel on the first day they were introduced to each other?
2. When Abel's body is wracked with pain as he is lying in the ditch, what is the memory he recalls about his grandfather?
3. What does Ben do when he goes to the Silver Dollar after dropping off Abel at the bus station?
4. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
5. What was the plan that Abel and Ben shared before Abel left the following day?
6. What did Francisco tell Abel about the area across the Arroyo Bajo to the edge of the red rock that looked out over the plain?
7. What happened between Abel and the daughter of Medina in January of 1937?
8. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
9. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
10. What is the legal result of Abel flipping off the others in the tank, even though they almost run over him?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)