|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
2. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
3. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
4. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
(d) Other tribes
5. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(a) Horse-drawn carriage
(c) The mail
(d) A parade for the veterans
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
2. What was the small snare trap made out of?
3. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
4. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
5. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the ways Tosamah insulted Abel, even though he did not do so directly?
2. What does Tosamah include in his sermon about the Word and Truth as he preaches in Los Angeles?
3. Describe the life of Milly and how Abel recalls it unfolding as he is lying in the ditch, injured and unable to do anything but think.
4. Was the plan that Abel and Ben had real or one that was made up just to make them feel close?
5. How did Abel and Ben meet each other for the first time, as Ben recalls it during a trip down memory lane?
6. What did Milly's father do for her in order to give her the best life she could hope to have?
7. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
8. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
9. What did Ben sign softly as he and Abel sat up on the hill before the final departure of Abel the next day?
10. What were some of the signs that Abel's grandfather was dying, at least according to Abel?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)