|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
2. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
3. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with the feet of a ___________.
4. What was Abel listening to men do when his grandfather called him to see his dead brother?
5. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
2. What would Nicolas teah-whau beg for at the side of the road of others who passed?
3. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
4. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
5. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abel's final memory before leaving to head off to the war to fight?
2. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
3. What happened during the incident with Abel and the tank, according to Bowker?
4. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
5. What did Milly's father do for her in order to give her the best life she could hope to have?
6. What things did Ben offer to Abel on the first day they were introduced to each other?
7. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
8. What happened on the night of the memory that Abel recalls about himself and about his brother, Vidal?
9. What does Abel see as he is looking out over the rim of the Valle Grande?
10. Who is the Priest of the Sun, who appears at the beginning of this second chapter of the book?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)