|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(a) A piece of paper
(c) A piece of bread
2. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
3. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
4. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
5. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
2. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
3. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
4. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
5. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Francisco do to the bear after he finally tracked him down in the forest and then killed him?
2. What did Francisco try to teach his grandsons when they were out at the old Campo Santo?
3. What happened when Abel finally did go back to work after the incident at the card game?
4. What was the plan that Abel and Ben shared before Abel left the following day?
5. What did Ben sign softly as he and Abel sat up on the hill before the final departure of Abel the next day?
6. What is the legal result of Abel flipping off the others in the tank, even though they almost run over him?
7. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
8. What happens when Abel comes off the bus when Francisco comes to pick him up?
9. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
10. Describe the creature that Tosamah's grandmother had described in a story about a man who set off to find food for his people.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)