|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
2. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
3. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
4. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
(a) Became depressed
(b) Ran away
(c) Killed her mother
(d) Died in the hospital
5. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
2. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
3. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
4. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
5. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
2. What did Abel do after realizing that his grandfather had died during a moment when Abel fell asleep?
3. Who did not dance when the group of men got together to get drunk the night before Abel's departure?
4. When Abel's body is wracked with pain as he is lying in the ditch, what is the memory he recalls about his grandfather?
5. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
6. What did Milly's father do for her in order to give her the best life she could hope to have?
7. What did Francisco tell Abel about the area across the Arroyo Bajo to the edge of the red rock that looked out over the plain?
8. What happened during the incident with Abel and the tank, according to Bowker?
9. Who went up to the hill to get drunk the night before Abel left for the bus station?
10. What happened between Abel and the daughter of Medina in January of 1937?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)