|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(c) US Cavalry
2. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
3. What does Mrs. Martin St. John ask Father Olguin to help her find when she stays in town?
(a) Someoen to help her move
(b) Someone to give her a tour
(c) Someone to date
(d) Someone to cut wood
4. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
(d) Social worker
5. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(a) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
2. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
3. ____________ testified that Abel killed by an act of imagination so compelling that it was inconceivable.
4. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
5. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abel's final memory before leaving to head off to the war to fight?
2. Who did not dance when the group of men got together to get drunk the night before Abel's departure?
3. What were some of the signs that Abel's grandfather was dying, at least according to Abel?
4. What does Abel do when he sees the bird in the sack after it has been captured?
5. What did Abel do in response to Tosamah's insults during the card game they shared after a 12-hour shift?
6. What caused Francisco to be afraid during the birth of his child, which then caused his girlfriend to leave him?
7. Was the plan that Abel and Ben had real or one that was made up just to make them feel close?
8. What were some of the things the sun could teach the grandsons about, according to Francisco?
9. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
10. Who had Francisco beaten in a race for good hunting and harvests, something which he looks upon fondly?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)