|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
2. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
(c) V shape
3. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
4. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
5. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
2. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
3. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
4. In the lower meadows of the basin of the Valle Grande, the group of men set about capturing __________.
5. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the trap that Francisco set a long time ago at the opening of the book?
2. What did Francisco do after returning to his horses after killing the bear in a sort of rite of passage?
3. After Abel had his experience with the box canyon, what did he do after that?
4. What did Tosamah have to do in order to reach the grave of his grandmother when he went out to visit her?
5. What happened on the night of the memory that Abel recalls about himself and about his brother, Vidal?
6. What is the first animal that crosses Abel's path when the grandfather gets him up early to go hunting at daybreak?
7. Who had Francisco beaten in a race for good hunting and harvests, something which he looks upon fondly?
8. How did Abel and Ben meet each other for the first time, as Ben recalls it during a trip down memory lane?
9. What did Ben sign softly as he and Abel sat up on the hill before the final departure of Abel the next day?
10. As Abel stares out into the silent valley, what is the memory he recalls having shared with Vidal?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)