|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
(a) His grandmother
(c) A fictional character
2. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
3. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
4. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
5. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the victims being targeted in the #32 scenario that was described in the book?
2. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
3. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
4. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
5. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the trap that Francisco set a long time ago at the opening of the book?
2. What did Francisco do after returning to his horses after killing the bear in a sort of rite of passage?
3. What happened on the night of the memory that Abel recalls about himself and about his brother, Vidal?
4. What is the first animal that crosses Abel's path when the grandfather gets him up early to go hunting at daybreak?
5. What is close to the body of Abel, as he lies in a ditch - cold and in pain, with his hands and fingers broken?
6. When Tosamah's grandmother, Aho, dies, what does he do for her the following summer?
7. Describe the creature that Tosamah's grandmother had described in a story about a man who set off to find food for his people.
8. What did Francisco try to teach his grandsons when they were out at the old Campo Santo?
9. What surrounded Francisco in his camp when he was riding out as a young man?
10. What is Abel's final memory before leaving to head off to the war to fight?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)