|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
2. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
3. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
(a) Social worker
4. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
5. An old woman named Nicolas teah-whau was a bahkyuah woman and also thought to be a ___________.
(c) Old medicine woman
Short Answer Questions
1. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
2. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
3. How much is Abel paid to cut the wood that Mrs. Martin St. John asks him to cut up for her?
4. When he left, Abel remembered too late to look back in the direction of ___________.
5. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Francisco try to teach his grandsons when they were out at the old Campo Santo?
2. Who are the people who are at the prayer meeting with Tosamah at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What occurred as a result of Abel's father being an outsider, even though Abel never knew him?
4. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
5. Who is the Priest of the Sun, who appears at the beginning of this second chapter of the book?
6. What things did Ben offer to Abel on the first day they were introduced to each other?
7. What happened between Abel and the daughter of Medina in January of 1937?
8. Where did Francisco take his grandsons once he believed they were old enough for it?
9. What happens when Abel sings and calls out during one of the rain retreats, according to his memory?
10. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)