|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(d) US Cavalry
2. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
(a) Killed her mother
(b) Became depressed
(c) Died in the hospital
(d) Ran away
3. Tosamah returned to ____________ Mountain in order to visit his grandmother's grave.
4. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
5. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
2. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
3. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
4. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
5. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the plan that Abel and Ben had real or one that was made up just to make them feel close?
2. Describe the relationship Francisco had with a young girl when he was a younger man.
3. Who did not dance when the group of men got together to get drunk the night before Abel's departure?
4. What were some of the things the sun could teach the grandsons about, according to Francisco?
5. What happens when Abel comes off the bus when Francisco comes to pick him up?
6. What did Milly's father do for her in order to give her the best life she could hope to have?
7. Why does Ben think that Milly is going to come around anymore, according to what he has noticed?
8. Describe the creature that Tosamah's grandmother had described in a story about a man who set off to find food for his people.
9. Who is the Priest of the Sun, who appears at the beginning of this second chapter of the book?
10. What did Abel do after realizing that his grandfather had died during a moment when Abel fell asleep?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)