|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
2. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) Pair of eagles
(b) A vision of his father
(d) His mother
3. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
4. What is the first job Milly had when she finally moved to the new town after leaving her father's farm?
5. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
2. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
3. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
4. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
5. When he left, Abel remembered too late to look back in the direction of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Father Olguin think caused Abel to kill the albino so many years ago, testifying in court to this being the reason for Abel's actions?
2. What did Tosamah have to do in order to reach the grave of his grandmother when he went out to visit her?
3. Who did not dance when the group of men got together to get drunk the night before Abel's departure?
4. Describe the history of the Kiowa, as Tosamah describes it from his own memory and his own experience.
5. When Tosamah's grandmother, Aho, dies, what does he do for her the following summer?
6. What was the plan that Abel and Ben shared before Abel left the following day?
7. What is close to the body of Abel, as he lies in a ditch - cold and in pain, with his hands and fingers broken?
8. What happened during the summer and the autumn rain retreats, according to the stories in the book?
9. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
10. After Abel had his experience with the box canyon, what did he do after that?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)