|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
2. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The tree
(b) The drainage pipe
(c) The cave
(d) The nearby brush
3. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
(d) Other tribes
4. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
5. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
(a) Blue River
(b) Red Road
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
2. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
3. The A.A. Kaul _________ Company uses the second floor of Tosamah's building as a storage facility.
4. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
5. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the signs that Abel's grandfather was dying, at least according to Abel?
2. What is in the trap that Francisco set a long time ago at the opening of the book?
3. What happened between Abel and the daughter of Medina in January of 1937?
4. What does Abel see as he is looking out over the rim of the Valle Grande?
5. As Abel stares out into the silent valley, what is the memory he recalls having shared with Vidal?
6. What does Abel do when he sees the bird in the sack after it has been captured?
7. Was the plan that Abel and Ben had real or one that was made up just to make them feel close?
8. What were some of the ways Tosamah insulted Abel, even though he did not do so directly?
9. Who managed to fix Abel's bad back when he was thrown off his horse, even though his grandfather could not?
10. What is the legal result of Abel flipping off the others in the tank, even though they almost run over him?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)