|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
2. What does Mrs. Martin St. John ask Father Olguin to help her find when she stays in town?
(a) Someone to cut wood
(b) Someone to date
(c) Someone to give her a tour
(d) Someoen to help her move
3. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
4. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(c) Played music
(d) Fired rifles
5. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
(b) Fat Josie
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
2. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
3. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
4. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
5. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first animal that crosses Abel's path when the grandfather gets him up early to go hunting at daybreak?
2. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
3. What does Abel do when he sees the bird in the sack after it has been captured?
4. Who managed to fix Abel's bad back when he was thrown off his horse, even though his grandfather could not?
5. What were some of the signs that Abel's grandfather was dying, at least according to Abel?
6. As Abel stares out into the silent valley, what is the memory he recalls having shared with Vidal?
7. Where did Francisco take his grandsons once he believed they were old enough for it?
8. What did Milly's father do for her in order to give her the best life she could hope to have?
9. What does Abel see as he is looking out over the rim of the Valle Grande?
10. Who is the Priest of the Sun, who appears at the beginning of this second chapter of the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)