|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
2. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
3. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
(a) Mule doe
4. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
(d) Other tribes
5. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
2. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
3. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
4. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
5. What is the young altar boy told to do quickly before the mass would begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
2. What did Abel do in response to Tosamah's insults during the card game they shared after a 12-hour shift?
3. Why didn't Abel go to see his grandfather's house on the third day after his arrival?
4. Where did Francisco take his grandsons once he believed they were old enough for it?
5. When Tosamah's grandmother, Aho, dies, what does he do for her the following summer?
6. Who did Ben think never left Abel alone during the two months that he and Abel were friends and things were going well for Abel?
7. What were some of the signs that Abel's grandfather was dying, at least according to Abel?
8. What caused Francisco to be afraid during the birth of his child, which then caused his girlfriend to leave him?
9. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
10. What is the first animal that crosses Abel's path when the grandfather gets him up early to go hunting at daybreak?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)