|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The drainage pipe
(b) The nearby brush
(c) The cave
(d) The tree
2. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
3. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
4. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) In the air conditioned warehouse
(b) Near the trees
(c) In the sun
(d) Under umbrellas
5. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
2. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
3. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
4. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
5. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Abel had his experience with the box canyon, what did he do after that?
2. What did Francisco do after returning to his horses after killing the bear in a sort of rite of passage?
3. What happened during the incident with Abel and the tank, according to Bowker?
4. What were some of the ways Tosamah insulted Abel, even though he did not do so directly?
5. How did Abel and Ben meet each other for the first time, as Ben recalls it during a trip down memory lane?
6. Describe the group called the Bahkyush. Who are they and how might they be described to others?
7. Describe the appearance of Abel when Ben takes him to the bus station at the beginning of the chapter.
8. Who managed to fix Abel's bad back when he was thrown off his horse, even though his grandfather could not?
9. Who went up to the hill to get drunk the night before Abel left for the bus station?
10. What did Francisco do to the bear after he finally tracked him down in the forest and then killed him?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)