|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
2. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The tree
(b) The drainage pipe
(c) The nearby brush
(d) The cave
3. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
4. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
5. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) Under umbrellas
(b) In the sun
(c) In the air conditioned warehouse
(d) Near the trees
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
2. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
3. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
4. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
5. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan that Abel and Ben shared before Abel left the following day?
2. What did Father Olguin think caused Abel to kill the albino so many years ago, testifying in court to this being the reason for Abel's actions?
3. What did Tosamah have to do in order to reach the grave of his grandmother when he went out to visit her?
4. Who managed to fix Abel's bad back when he was thrown off his horse, even though his grandfather could not?
5. What surrounded Francisco in his camp when he was riding out as a young man?
6. Who are the people who are at the prayer meeting with Tosamah at the beginning of this chapter?
7. Describe the life of Milly and how Abel recalls it unfolding as he is lying in the ditch, injured and unable to do anything but think.
8. What is in the trap that Francisco set a long time ago at the opening of the book?
9. What did Francisco come upon as a young man, riding out on a buckskin colt and leading a hunting horse?
10. What did Abel do after realizing that his grandfather had died during a moment when Abel fell asleep?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)