|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Ben and Abel do during the day when they arrived at the answer to #122?
(a) Walk around Disneyland
(b) Picnic on the beach
(c) Play on the boardwalk
2. What was the most important set of tracks in the many tracks of animals Francisco had seen as a young man?
3. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
4. Where did Francisco mark up the animal once he killed it by shooting it after following the tracks?
(a) Under the feet
(b) On the wing
(c) On the paws
(d) Above the eyes
5. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
6. What did Abel dip into water in order to press it to Francisco's mouth and forehead?
7. Where would Ben and Abel sometimes go on Saturday mornings via the bus?
(a) San Diego
(b) Santa Monica
(c) San Francisco
8. ___________ sat in his grandfather's house as he had done every day since his return
9. Who does Ben ask for money that is owed to him from a previous lending situation?
10. ___________ is in bad shape, his hands are bandaged, his nose is broken, and there is swelling around his eyes.
11. Ben invited Abel to ________________, which Abel did take him up on, even though he refused other kindnesses from Ben.
(a) Stay with him
(b) Use his car
(c) A movie
12. What did Francisco eat after disemboweling the animal that he killed while off in the woods?
(c) Gall bladder
13. What was the result of the child that Francisco and the girl conceived during their relationship?
(a) Healthy boy
(b) Healthy girl
(d) Aborted with drugs
14. Francisco smeared the substance on his colt because they had both _____________ in this experience.
(a) Come of age
(b) Been brave
(d) Worked hard
15. Whose gray coat was Francisco wearing on top of him to prevent him from getting too cold?
(c) Father Olguin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other word for the bad cop, as Ben recalls in his memory of a bad police experience?
2. When he returned to town, the ___________ carried by his hunting horse, the people greeted Francisco with jubilation.
3. For how many days did Abel stay drunk after the incident at the party with his co-workers?
4. Abel offered an old man a lift, but the horse gave up halfway through the water and decided to ____________ in the river.
5. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when the ___________ race would be held.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)