|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(a) Relocation People
(b) Parole Officer
2. The sight of Francisco's child during the birth made him __________.
3. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
4. What did Abel dip into water in order to press it to Francisco's mouth and forehead?
5. Who walked off with Abel during the party while the other men got drunk, sang and danced?
6. As a young man, Francisco had ridden out on a buckskin colt, leading the _____________ horse.
7. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when all the other ___________ and events of their lives were to occur.
8. Whose gray coat was Francisco wearing on top of him to prevent him from getting too cold?
(d) Father Olguin
9. What did Francisco eat after disemboweling the animal that he killed while off in the woods?
(c) Gall bladder
10. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
11. Who does Ben ask for money that is owed to him from a previous lending situation?
12. Ben thinks of ___________ and supposed that now that Abel is gone, this person isn't going to be around much anymore.
13. Who did Abel tell about his grandfather's death first after riding to the mission?
(d) Father Olguin
14. Francisco smeared the substance on his colt because they had both _____________ in this experience.
(b) Worked hard
(c) Come of age
(d) Been brave
15. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
(c) Metal rod
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel told Ben and Milly a story about a ___________ he had on the reservation and how it used to love the water.
2. Where did Francisco takes his grandsons once he thought they were old enough?
3. Abel wrapped his grandfather's body in a ___________ and then rode out to the mission.
4. Francisco had a relationship with a young girl when he was younger, who was the child of a ________.
5. After the foreman stood over Abel's shoulder, correcting every little mistake he made, by the end of the __________, Abel walked out.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)