|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Ben and Abel do during the day when they arrived at the answer to #122?
(b) Play on the boardwalk
(c) Picnic on the beach
(d) Walk around Disneyland
2. ___________ is in bad shape, his hands are bandaged, his nose is broken, and there is swelling around his eyes.
3. ____________ at the Wide Ruins trading post had told Ben about the squaw dance, so Ben tried to figure out how to go.
4. ___________ sat in his grandfather's house as he had done every day since his return
5. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(a) Parole Officer
(c) Relocation People
6. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
(b) Metal rod
7. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
8. What did Francisco eat after disemboweling the animal that he killed while off in the woods?
(a) Gall bladder
9. Ben tried to share his __________ with Abel, but Abel would not take it.
10. After a long 12-hour shift at the plant, Ben and Abel went to Tosamah's for _________ and drinking.
(a) Video games
(d) Target practice
11. On hearing the story of the horse, __________ laughed so hard that _________ started to hiccup.
12. The place that Francisco took Abel as a child was where the ________ was held, according to Francisco.
13. On the third day, Abel did not go out because it was _________, he was in pain, and he had no money.
14. After the foreman stood over Abel's shoulder, correcting every little mistake he made, by the end of the __________, Abel walked out.
15. Where did Francisco mark up the animal once he killed it by shooting it after following the tracks?
(a) On the wing
(b) Under the feet
(c) Above the eyes
(d) On the paws
Short Answer Questions
1. Francisco wants to teach his grandsons about the positions of the _________ and how they would affect their lives.
2. Ben remembered a girl who used to laugh the way Milly laughed. He met her at a squaw dance at ___________.
3. The ___________ book and ears of colored corn were also placed at Francisco's side.
4. What was the next job that the Relocation people got for Abel once he was out of jail?
5. What did Abel remove as he rubbed his arms and his chest with ashes, walking quickly away along the snow-covered road?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)