|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Winter had come to the land and Father Olguin was home in the ___________, alone and busy.
(a) Soup kitchen
(d) Church pew
2. What kind of animals were sitting around Francisco one night, right outside the light of his camp fire?
3. Who walked off with Abel during the party while the other men got drunk, sang and danced?
4. Who was NOT one of the people who hung out with Abel on his last night in town before leaving on the bus?
5. Abel would make Ben wait before driving off to show him a ____________ coming out of one of the stores.
(a) Police officer
(b) White woman
(c) Native American woman
(d) Black woman
6. Francisco showed that the event which took place in #169 focused on those that were ___________.
7. Francisco wants to teach his grandsons about the positions of the _________ and how they would affect their lives.
8. In a year or two, Abel and Ben would get back together to __________ one last time together.
(c) Ride horses
(d) Get drunk
9. Francisco smeared the substance on his colt because they had both _____________ in this experience.
(a) Worked hard
(c) Been brave
(d) Come of age
10. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
11. What does Ben buy with the $3 he is given by the person who gives him the money he was loaned?
(d) Lotto tickets
12. What did Abel remove as he rubbed his arms and his chest with ashes, walking quickly away along the snow-covered road?
13. Ben thinks of ___________ and supposed that now that Abel is gone, this person isn't going to be around much anymore.
14. Abel dressed his grandfather in bright ceremonial __________ as he prepared his body.
15. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Returning to his horses, Francisco had smeared some of the _____________ onto the colt's muzzle.
2. When he returned to town, the ___________ carried by his hunting horse, the people greeted Francisco with jubilation.
3. What was the next job that the Relocation people got for Abel once he was out of jail?
4. After the foreman stood over Abel's shoulder, correcting every little mistake he made, by the end of the __________, Abel walked out.
5. When Abel was young, Francisco took him across the Arroyo ________ to the edge of the red rock.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)