|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the foreman at the plant where Abel worked?
2. Who does Ben ask for money that is owed to him from a previous lending situation?
3. The place that Francisco took Abel as a child was where the ________ was held, according to Francisco.
4. What was the name of the bad cop that Ben had a bad experience with in the past?
5. After a long 12-hour shift at the plant, Ben and Abel went to Tosamah's for _________ and drinking.
(c) Video games
(d) Target practice
6. As a young man, Francisco had ridden out on a buckskin colt, leading the _____________ horse.
7. Who did Abel tell about his grandfather's death first after riding to the mission?
(a) Father Olguin
8. Abel and his Relocation officer were already in the __________ office when Ben was called into his office one morning.
9. Where did Francisco takes his grandsons once he thought they were old enough?
(a) Campo Santo
(b) Camp Terrazo
(c) Camp David
(d) Wide Ruins
10. On the third day, Abel did not go out because it was _________, he was in pain, and he had no money.
11. Abel told Ben and Milly a story about a ___________ he had on the reservation and how it used to love the water.
12. What did Abel dip into water in order to press it to Francisco's mouth and forehead?
13. What was the most important set of tracks in the many tracks of animals Francisco had seen as a young man?
14. Abel and Ben were going to go out to the hills on horseback to watch _____________.
(a) The moon
(b) The sunset
(c) The Great Race
(d) The sunrise
15. When Abel and Ben sat on the hill, _______ sang softly the House Made of Dawn.
(a) Somene else
(b) Neither of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abel remove as he rubbed his arms and his chest with ashes, walking quickly away along the snow-covered road?
2. Where would Ben and Abel sometimes go on Saturday mornings via the bus?
3. What did Francisco and Abel look out over when they were at the Arroyo?
4. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
5. Abel wrapped his grandfather's body in a ___________ and then rode out to the mission.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)