|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abel told Ben and Milly a story about a ___________ he had on the reservation and how it used to love the water.
2. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(b) Relocation People
(d) Parole Officer
3. Abel also placed Francisco's pouches of pollen and __________, along with the sacred feathers by his side.
4. On the first and second days of his return, Abel had gone out and gotten ___________.
(b) Job applications
5. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
6. The sight of Francisco's child during the birth made him __________.
7. What is the other word for the bad cop, as Ben recalls in his memory of a bad police experience?
8. In a year or two, Abel and Ben would get back together to __________ one last time together.
(c) Ride horses
(d) Get drunk
9. What did Francisco and Abel look out over when they were at the Arroyo?
(a) Stone figure
10. What would Ben and Abel do during the day when they arrived at the answer to #122?
(a) Picnic on the beach
(c) Play on the boardwalk
(d) Walk around Disneyland
11. Ben invited Abel to ________________, which Abel did take him up on, even though he refused other kindnesses from Ben.
(a) Use his car
(b) Stay with him
(d) A movie
12. Francisco smeared the substance on his colt because they had both _____________ in this experience.
(a) Come of age
(c) Worked hard
(d) Been brave
13. What kind of animals were sitting around Francisco one night, right outside the light of his camp fire?
14. Ben had made up the plan while Abel was still in __________, but Abel began to believe in it and so did Ben.
(b) The kiva
(d) The hospital
15. Returning to his horses, Francisco had smeared some of the _____________ onto the colt's muzzle.
(a) Bear's liver
(b) Coyote's urine
(c) Bear's heart
(d) Bird's sweat
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
2. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when the ___________ race would be held.
3. Ben thinks of ___________ and supposed that now that Abel is gone, this person isn't going to be around much anymore.
4. Where would Ben and Abel sometimes go on Saturday mornings via the bus?
5. What was the next job that the Relocation people got for Abel once he was out of jail?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)