|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the people who hung out with Abel on his last night in town before leaving on the bus?
2. What kind of animals were sitting around Francisco one night, right outside the light of his camp fire?
3. What did Abel wrap his grandfather's hair around when he was preparing it?
(b) Metal rod
4. Whose gray coat was Francisco wearing on top of him to prevent him from getting too cold?
(b) Father Olguin
5. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
6. What did Abel dip into water in order to press it to Francisco's mouth and forehead?
7. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when to plant __________.
8. Abel came upon other _______ and at the first sign of dawn they all set off, and even though Abel fell, he got up and kept on going.
9. Ben gave the bad cop all the _________ he had on him, but Abel didn't have any, so he was punished.
10. As a young man, Francisco had ridden out on a buckskin colt, leading the _____________ horse.
11. At what time of day did Francisco take his grandsons to the answer to the question in 147?
(b) First light
(d) Last night
12. What was the name of the girl that Ben eventually met at the squaw dance, riding there from Sam Charley's place?
(d) Mustang Sally
13. When he returned to town, the ___________ carried by his hunting horse, the people greeted Francisco with jubilation.
14. What did Abel remove as he rubbed his arms and his chest with ashes, walking quickly away along the snow-covered road?
15. ____________ did not make a sound as the beating took place during the mugging in the alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Francisco takes his grandsons once he thought they were old enough?
2. Where would Ben and Abel sometimes go on Saturday mornings via the bus?
3. Who is the old man in the sentence - Abel could not understand the old man's random words.
4. Abel wrapped his grandfather's body in a ___________ and then rode out to the mission.
5. Abel told Ben and Milly a story about a ___________ he had on the reservation and how it used to love the water.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)