|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(c) Parole Officer
(d) Relocation People
2. The answer to #149 would teach the boys when all the other ___________ and events of their lives were to occur.
3. Who walked off with Abel during the party while the other men got drunk, sang and danced?
4. What did Francisco complain of, even though there was no reason for his complaint as far as Abel could see?
(b) Voice loss
5. What was in the pouch that Francisco held which helped to mark the face of the animal he killed?
6. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
7. On hearing the story of the horse, __________ laughed so hard that _________ started to hiccup.
8. Which animal did Francisco shoot and kill the next day while hunting by following the tracks?
9. What did Abel remove as he rubbed his arms and his chest with ashes, walking quickly away along the snow-covered road?
10. Where did Francisco takes his grandsons once he thought they were old enough?
(a) Camp Terrazo
(b) Campo Santo
(c) Wide Ruins
(d) Camp David
11. Francisco smeared the substance on his colt because they had both _____________ in this experience.
(b) Worked hard
(c) Been brave
(d) Come of age
12. Who is the old man in the sentence - Abel could not understand the old man's random words.
13. Abel offered an old man a lift, but the horse gave up halfway through the water and decided to ____________ in the river.
(a) Drown itself
(c) Lie down
14. Ben had made up the plan while Abel was still in __________, but Abel began to believe in it and so did Ben.
(b) The kiva
(d) The hospital
15. What was the name of the girl that Ben eventually met at the squaw dance, riding there from Sam Charley's place?
(a) Mustang Sally
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel and his Relocation officer were already in the __________ office when Ben was called into his office one morning.
2. ____________ at the Wide Ruins trading post had told Ben about the squaw dance, so Ben tried to figure out how to go.
3. Winter had come to the land and Father Olguin was home in the ___________, alone and busy.
4. Whose gray coat was Francisco wearing on top of him to prevent him from getting too cold?
5. Ben invited Abel to ________________, which Abel did take him up on, even though he refused other kindnesses from Ben.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)