|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(b) Relocation People
(c) Parole Officer
2. Where did Francisco mark up the animal once he killed it by shooting it after following the tracks?
(a) On the wing
(b) Under the feet
(c) Above the eyes
(d) On the paws
3. What did Francisco eat after disemboweling the animal that he killed while off in the woods?
(c) Gall bladder
4. Abel dressed his grandfather in bright ceremonial __________ as he prepared his body.
5. Abel put ______________ on his grandfather's head and fashioned it in a queue.
6. Who is the old man in the sentence - Abel could not understand the old man's random words.
7. On hearing the story of the horse, __________ laughed so hard that _________ started to hiccup.
8. What did Francisco and Abel look out over when they were at the Arroyo?
(a) Stone figure
9. Abel was going home to the ______________ for a year or two, according to the plan he had.
10. Where did Francisco takes his grandsons once he thought they were old enough?
(a) Camp David
(b) Camp Terrazo
(c) Campo Santo
(d) Wide Ruins
11. As a young man, Francisco had ridden out on a buckskin colt, leading the _____________ horse.
12. When Ben was not in a hurry on a delivery with his truck, he would stop by and pick up _____________.
13. For how many days did Abel stay drunk after the incident at the party with his co-workers?
14. Who was the man at the party who continued to insult Abel, even though it was not directly?
15. Abel wrapped his grandfather's body in a ___________ and then rode out to the mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel also placed Francisco's pouches of pollen and __________, along with the sacred feathers by his side.
2. Who stops at the Silver Dollar on his way back from the bus station?
3. What does Ben buy with the $3 he is given by the person who gives him the money he was loaned?
4. What did Francisco complain of, even though there was no reason for his complaint as far as Abel could see?
5. What was the next job that the Relocation people got for Abel once he was out of jail?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)