|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(c) No one
2. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
3. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
4. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(b) His mother
5. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
6. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) Pair of eagles
(b) A vision of his father
(c) His mother
7. Abel is cold and in pain as he is lying down, his hands and fingers ____________.
8. In the lower meadows of the basin of the Valle Grande, the group of men set about capturing __________.
(b) Each other
(c) Opposing tribe members
9. ____________ testified that Abel killed by an act of imagination so compelling that it was inconceivable.
(c) Father Olguin
(d) Ben Benally
10. An old woman named Nicolas teah-whau was a bahkyuah woman and also thought to be a ___________.
(a) Old medicine woman
11. How much is Abel paid to cut the wood that Mrs. Martin St. John asks him to cut up for her?
12. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
13. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
(c) V shape
14. What was the small snare trap made out of?
(d) Rubber bands
15. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abel's brother, who died many years before the start of the story?
2. Tosamah returned to ____________ Mountain in order to visit his grandmother's grave.
3. Abel's final memory before leaving for war was his _____________ crying as he did not understand why Abel wanted to go.
4. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
5. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)