|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
2. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
(a) Abel's mom
(c) Francisco's wife
3. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
4. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
5. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
6. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
(a) San Diego
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
7. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Land Fertility
(c) Water Dance
(d) Sun Dance
8. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
9. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(a) A parade for the veterans
(b) Horse-drawn carriage
(d) The mail
10. Abel's final memory before leaving for war was his _____________ crying as he did not understand why Abel wanted to go.
11. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) Under umbrellas
(b) In the sun
(c) Near the trees
(d) In the air conditioned warehouse
12. Abel dreams of the time he had gone down to the river with __________ to go shooting.
13. What is the profession of the husband of Mrs. Martin St. John as is revealed when she speaks to Father?
(b) Store owner
14. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
15. ____________ stunned and hit a jackrabbit buck when he was in the attacking group that took place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
2. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
3. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
4. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
5. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)