|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
2. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
3. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
4. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
5. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
6. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
7. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
8. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
(b) Blue River
(d) Red Road
9. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
10. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
11. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah is also known as the priest of the __________.
12. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(c) Played music
(d) Fired rifles
13. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
(c) Mule doe
14. ____________ father had worked the land for years with little success in doing so.
15. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
2. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
3. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
4. What was Abel listening to men do when his grandfather called him to see his dead brother?
5. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)