|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tosamah returned to ____________ Mountain in order to visit his grandmother's grave.
2. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
(b) Peyote buttons
(c) Jimson Weed
3. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Sun Dance
(b) Rain Dance
(c) Land Fertility
(d) Water Dance
4. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
5. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
6. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
7. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
8. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah lives in the place of worship with his disciple _________.
9. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(c) US Cavalry
10. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
11. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
(a) Rim Grande
(b) Volcanic Lake
(c) Case Grande
(d) Valle Grande
12. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
(a) Fat Josie
13. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
14. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
15. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. An old woman named Nicolas teah-whau was a bahkyuah woman and also thought to be a ___________.
2. What was the small snare trap made out of?
3. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
4. The A.A. Kaul _________ Company uses the second floor of Tosamah's building as a storage facility.
5. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)