|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
2. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
3. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
4. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
5. What is the first job Milly had when she finally moved to the new town after leaving her father's farm?
6. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
7. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
8. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) A vision of his father
(b) His mother
(d) Pair of eagles
9. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
10. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
11. What was the small snare trap made out of?
(a) Rubber bands
12. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
13. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(a) Played music
(c) Fired rifles
14. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
15. In the lower meadows of the basin of the Valle Grande, the group of men set about capturing __________.
(a) Opposing tribe members
(b) Each other
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
2. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
3. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
4. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
5. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)