|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
2. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
3. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
4. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
(a) Volcanic Lake
(b) Rim Grande
(c) Case Grande
(d) Valle Grande
5. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
6. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
7. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(c) A piece of paper
(d) A piece of bread
8. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
(a) Jimson Weed
(c) Peyote buttons
9. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
10. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
(b) A fictional character
(c) His grandmother
11. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) His mother
(b) Pair of eagles
(c) A vision of his father
12. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
(a) V shape
13. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
14. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
15. Who is Abel's brother, who died many years before the start of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
2. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
3. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
4. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
5. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)