|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
2. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
3. What was Abel listening to men do when his grandfather called him to see his dead brother?
4. What would Nicolas teah-whau beg for at the side of the road of others who passed?
5. ____________ father had worked the land for years with little success in doing so.
6. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
7. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
(d) Social worker
8. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(d) No one
9. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
10. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
11. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) Pair of eagles
(b) His mother
(d) A vision of his father
12. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
13. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Land Fertility
(c) Sun Dance
(d) Water Dance
14. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
15. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
2. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
3. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
4. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
5. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)