|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
2. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
(d) Fat Josie
3. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
4. Who is Abel's brother, who died many years before the start of the story?
5. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
6. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
(a) Jimson Weed
(b) Peyote buttons
7. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
8. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
9. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
10. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
11. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(b) US Cavalry
12. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
(b) Ben Benally
(c) Henry Yellowbull
(d) Cristobal Cruz
13. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
14. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
15. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) Near the trees
(b) In the air conditioned warehouse
(c) Under umbrellas
(d) In the sun
Short Answer Questions
1. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
2. Abel dreams of the time he had gone down to the river with __________ to go shooting.
3. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
4. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
5. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)