|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
(b) San Francisco
(c) San Diego
(d) Los Angeles
2. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
3. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
4. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
5. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
6. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with the feet of a ___________.
7. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
8. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
9. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah is also known as the priest of the __________.
10. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
11. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
(b) V shape
12. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
13. Abel dreams of the time he had gone down to the river with __________ to go shooting.
14. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
15. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Nicolas teah-whau beg for at the side of the road of others who passed?
2. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
3. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
4. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
5. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)