|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Abel paid to cut the wood that Mrs. Martin St. John asks him to cut up for her?
2. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
3. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
4. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
5. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
6. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
7. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
8. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
9. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
10. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(a) A piece of paper
(d) A piece of bread
11. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
12. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Water Dance
(c) Sun Dance
(d) Land Fertility
13. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) His bed
(b) Shallow ditch
(c) The church
(d) A bathroom
14. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
15. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abel listening to men do when his grandfather called him to see his dead brother?
2. ____________ stunned and hit a jackrabbit buck when he was in the attacking group that took place.
3. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
4. Abel is cold and in pain as he is lying down, his hands and fingers ____________.
5. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)