|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
2. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(b) US Cavalry
3. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
(b) Abel's mom
(c) Francisco's wife
4. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
5. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
6. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
7. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
8. ____________ stunned and hit a jackrabbit buck when he was in the attacking group that took place.
9. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
10. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
(d) Other tribes
11. The A.A. Kaul _________ Company uses the second floor of Tosamah's building as a storage facility.
(b) Auto Supply
(d) Office Supply
12. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah is also known as the priest of the __________.
13. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
14. At one point during his 'escape' from the men following him, Abel rolled himself into the ___________ of a truck.
15. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
2. Abel came upon a(n) ___________ house, a small tower of stone built around a pit, hollow and open at the top.
3. In the lower meadows of the basin of the Valle Grande, the group of men set about capturing __________.
4. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
5. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)