|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
2. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
3. What is the young altar boy told to do quickly before the mass would begin?
(a) Comb his hair
(b) Grab the Bible
(c) Light the candles
(d) Find another altar boy
4. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
5. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The drainage pipe
(b) The nearby brush
(c) The tree
(d) The cave
6. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Sun Dance
(c) Water Dance
(d) Land Fertility
7. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(a) Horse-drawn carriage
(b) A parade for the veterans
(c) The mail
8. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
9. Abel is cold and in pain as he is lying down, his hands and fingers ____________.
10. What is the first job Milly had when she finally moved to the new town after leaving her father's farm?
11. What would Fat Josie give to Abel during visits to the house after his mother died?
12. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
13. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
14. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
15. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ thought the gray geese to be beautiful against the moon as they flew.
2. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
3. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
4. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
5. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)