|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
(b) Jimson Weed
(c) Peyote buttons
2. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
3. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
(c) His grandmother
(d) A fictional character
4. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
5. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
6. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
7. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
(a) San Diego
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
8. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
(a) Volcanic Lake
(b) Rim Grande
(c) Valle Grande
(d) Case Grande
9. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
10. What does Mrs. Martin St. John ask Father Olguin to help her find when she stays in town?
(a) Someone to cut wood
(b) Someone to give her a tour
(c) Someone to date
(d) Someoen to help her move
11. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
12. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
13. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(a) Fired rifles
(b) Played music
14. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
15. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
(c) Francisco's wife
(d) Abel's mom
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the small snare trap made out of?
2. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
3. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
4. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
5. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)