Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(b) A piece of bread
(d) A piece of paper
2. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
(b) Social worker
3. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
4. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Water Dance
(c) Sun Dance
(d) Land Fertility
5. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
(b) A fictional character
(d) His grandmother
6. What was the small snare trap made out of?
(c) Rubber bands
7. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
8. Tosamah's grandmother was ___________ though she had a great appreciation for language and for stories.
9. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) Shallow ditch
(b) A bathroom
(c) The church
(d) His bed
10. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
11. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
12. Abel dreams of the time he had gone down to the river with __________ to go shooting.
13. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
14. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The tree
(b) The cave
(c) The nearby brush
(d) The drainage pipe
15. Abel's final memory before leaving for war was his _____________ crying as he did not understand why Abel wanted to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
2. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
3. ____________ father had worked the land for years with little success in doing so.
4. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
5. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)