|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abel came upon a(n) ___________ house, a small tower of stone built around a pit, hollow and open at the top.
(a) Eagle hunt
(c) Coyote den
(d) Vision quest
2. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
3. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
4. With which group did the Kiowa have an alliance for a very long time - more than a hundred years?
5. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
6. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
7. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
8. ____________ father had worked the land for years with little success in doing so.
9. ____________ recounted an incident in which Abel was almost killed by a tank during the war time.
10. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
11. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
12. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah is also known as the priest of the __________.
13. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
14. Abel is cold and in pain as he is lying down, his hands and fingers ____________.
15. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the small snare trap made out of?
2. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
3. In the lower meadows of the basin of the Valle Grande, the group of men set about capturing __________.
4. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
5. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)