|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
2. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) His bed
(b) The church
(c) Shallow ditch
(d) A bathroom
3. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
4. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) His mother
(b) A vision of his father
(c) Pair of eagles
5. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(a) His mother
6. What would Nicolas teah-whau beg for at the side of the road of others who passed?
7. During what season did Tosamah's grandmother die, according to his story?
8. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
(a) Blue River
(b) Red Road
9. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
10. Who is the old Kiowa woman that Tosamah references in his story during the sermon he is giving?
(c) A fictional character
(d) His grandmother
11. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
(a) Spelling bee
(d) Writing contest
12. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
13. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
(a) Became depressed
(b) Ran away
(c) Killed her mother
(d) Died in the hospital
14. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
15. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin St. John ask Father Olguin to help her find when she stays in town?
2. Tosamah returned to ____________ Mountain in order to visit his grandmother's grave.
3. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
4. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
5. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)