|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
2. What was the small snare trap made out of?
(d) Rubber bands
3. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
4. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
5. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The tree
(b) The cave
(c) The nearby brush
(d) The drainage pipe
6. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
7. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
8. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
9. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
10. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
11. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
12. When the tasks of #35 were completed, Abel set off to the _________ all by himself to complete his task.
13. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(a) Played music
(c) Fired rifles
14. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
15. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(a) A parade for the veterans
(b) Horse-drawn carriage
(c) The mail
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
2. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
3. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
4. Napoleon Kills-in-the-_____________ is another of the men at the prayer meeting.
5. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)