|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tai-me is the ___________ doll that belonged to the Kiowas from the time the man found the special creature.
(a) Rain Dance
(b) Water Dance
(c) Sun Dance
(d) Land Fertility
2. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(a) Horse-drawn carriage
(b) A parade for the veterans
(d) The mail
3. As pain wracks the body of Abel, he remembers the first time he had fallen from his horse and ___________ could not fix him.
(d) His mother
4. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
5. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
6. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
7. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
8. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
9. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(c) No one
10. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(c) A piece of bread
(d) A piece of paper
11. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
(b) US Cavalry
12. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
13. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The nearby brush
(b) The tree
(c) The drainage pipe
(d) The cave
14. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
15. What did the female eagle in the mating flight carry in her claws as she flew, dropping it to the male?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
2. The man who crossed the canyon after four days encountered a man with a body covered in ____________.
3. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
4. Who is Abel's brother, who died many years before the start of the story?
5. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)