|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
2. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
(a) Jimson Weed
(d) Peyote buttons
3. Where were the governor and the officials sitting, making those the places of honor in the group?
(a) In the air conditioned warehouse
(b) In the sun
(c) Under umbrellas
(d) Near the trees
4. The ___________ Watchers Society was the principal ceremonial organization of the Bahkyush.
5. Forming a large __________, the men moved slowly inwards, clapping their hands and picking off their victims.
(a) V shape
6. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
(a) Writing contest
(c) Spelling bee
7. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
8. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(d) No one
9. What is the profession of the husband of Mrs. Martin St. John as is revealed when she speaks to Father?
(d) Store owner
10. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
11. What is the first job Milly had when she finally moved to the new town after leaving her father's farm?
12. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
(d) Los Angeles
13. Who cooked for the men after they had completed their work in the box canyon?
(b) Abel's mom
(c) Francisco's wife
14. What would Nicolas teah-whau beg for at the side of the road of others who passed?
15. What is the name of the grandmother that Tosamah is telling the story about?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ lasted for days, during which time they prayed and made offerings at the holy places they came to.
2. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
3. ____________ stunned and hit a jackrabbit buck when he was in the attacking group that took place.
4. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah lives in the place of worship with his disciple _________.
5. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)