|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looked after Abel and the rest of his family because their father left a long time before?
2. What was the name of Milly and her husband's first child after they got married in California?
3. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
(a) Mule doe
4. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
5. Francisco and Abel went to the ________ where some old people had already gathered and begun to sing.
6. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) Shallow ditch
(b) The church
(c) His bed
(d) A bathroom
7. After binding the bait together and placing it into a sack, Abel gathered ___________ and cut a number of evergreen boughs.
8. Who was NOT one of the members of the prayer meeting with Tosamah?
(a) Henry Yellowbull
(b) Cristobal Cruz
(c) Ben Benally
9. Vidal and Abel came back to the box canyon to watch their grandfather dig with a __________.
10. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
11. The sermon at the beginning of the chapter is about the __________ and the Truth.
12. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
(b) Fat Josie
13. Abel heard the sound of the ____________ and it filled him with a particular kind of dread that remained with him throughout his days.
14. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The nearby brush
(b) The tree
(c) The drainage pipe
(d) The cave
15. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
2. What were the victims being targeted in the #32 scenario that was described in the book?
3. Who had NOT been a witness to the incident with the tank during the war in which Abel was fighting?
4. What was the name of Milly's first husband whom she met when she first arrived at her new home?
5. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)