|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah lives in the place of worship with his disciple _________.
2. Where does Abel hide when he thinks that men are running toward him after hearing something?
(a) The tree
(b) The drainage pipe
(c) The nearby brush
(d) The cave
3. Who stood up, shouted, and gave the finger to the tank and soldiers who turned and shot at him?
4. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
5. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
(d) Los Angeles
6. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
7. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(b) A parade for the veterans
(c) Horse-drawn carriage
(d) The mail
8. When Abel is 17, Francisco gets him to go hunting and the first animal he kills is a ______________.
(c) Mule doe
9. ___________ managed to fix Abel after he fell off his horse for the first time, by simply shaking him.
(b) Fat Josie
10. What is in Abel's mouth the next time he wakes up during his time in the ditch?
(b) A piece of bread
(d) A piece of paper
11. Because his father was on outsider, Abel, his brother and his mother were considered to be ____________.
12. What is the feast Father Olguin is going to be celebrating as he readies himself for the day?
13. What did Milly eventually do for her profession, as Abel remembered as he was lying in pain?
(b) Social worker
14. Who is Abel's brother, who died many years before the start of the story?
15. When he left, Abel remembered too late to look back in the direction of ___________.
(a) The fields
(b) The kiva
(c) The mountain
(d) The cave
Short Answer Questions
1. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
2. What is the young altar boy told to do quickly before the mass would begin?
3. Father Olguin dresses in the __________ chasuble while outside people shuffle in the pews.
4. Tosamah's grandmother's grave lays at the ________ of the Rainy Mountain.
5. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)