|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reverend John Big Bluff Tosamah is also known as the priest of the __________.
2. Tosamah's grandmother was ____________ eight or ten years after the surrender of the Kiowa.
3. An old woman named Nicolas teah-whau was a bahkyuah woman and also thought to be a ___________.
(d) Old medicine woman
4. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(b) Fired rifles
(d) Played music
5. What is the young altar boy told to do quickly before the mass would begin?
(a) Comb his hair
(b) Light the candles
(c) Grab the Bible
(d) Find another altar boy
6. At age ____________, Milly's father gave her all of his savings in order to get her to live a better life elsewhere.
7. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
8. At ___________, Francisco and Abel waited for dawn at the house of Juliano Medina.
9. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
(b) Writing contest
(d) Spelling bee
10. The society in #27 was the _________ to go into the kiva at the summer and the autumn rain retreats.
11. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) His bed
(b) A bathroom
(c) The church
(d) Shallow ditch
12. To find his grandmother's grave, Tosamah has to walk along the path of the _______________.
(c) Blue River
(d) Red Road
13. When Carrie was four years old, she _________________, after her father left for good.
(a) Ran away
(b) Became depressed
(c) Died in the hospital
(d) Killed her mother
14. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
15. Abel is cold and in pain as he is lying down, his hands and fingers ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men in the prayer circle with Tosamah smoked and ate _____________.
2. What were the victims being targeted in the #32 scenario that was described in the book?
3. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
4. After Abel talked to the chief, _____________, about the mating flight he had seen, it was decided he should join them in the kiva.
5. When Abel went to look at the bird he caught, helpless in the sack, he felt bad so he __________ it.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)