|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Abel paid to cut the wood that Mrs. Martin St. John asks him to cut up for her?
2. Abel keeps himself in the __________ as he makes his way through the city, in order to keep himself hidden.
3. Who was armed with a shotgun when they decided to go shoot gray geese?
(c) No one
4. Who had NOT been a witness to the incident with the tank during the war in which Abel was fighting?
(d) Corporal Rate
5. What appeared shortly after Abel began to sin and call out during his time at the small house?
(a) His mother
(b) A vision of his father
(d) Pair of eagles
6. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
7. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
8. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) His bed
(b) A bathroom
(c) The church
(d) Shallow ditch
9. There was plenty of excitement at the gathering in January of 1937 as the men shouted and _______________.
(a) Played music
(c) Fired rifles
10. When he left, Abel remembered too late to look back in the direction of ___________.
(a) The kiva
(b) The fields
(c) The cave
(d) The mountain
11. Tosamah gives a sermon in the basement of a two-story red brick building in ______________ in which he lives.
(a) San Diego
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
12. Who collapses into Francisco's arms, not even recognizing him as he arrives at the bus station?
13. Abel slept with one of ___________ daughter's, even though she dressed and ran away from him when he wanted her again.
14. In what month did Abel's mother die, even though he had been told all along it was nothing?
15. What did the man who was sent off by the Kiowas trying to look for?
(d) Other tribes
Short Answer Questions
1. What at the last minute passed by Abel as he was lying on the side of a wooded hill during the war?
2. During what month did Tosamah finally visit his grandmother's grave, according to his story?
3. Who did Abel kill which led to his being put into prison for six years?
4. Tosamah returned to ____________ Mountain in order to visit his grandmother's grave.
5. Who did the Kiowa surrender to, ending their alliance with the answer to #88 after so many years?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)