Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is in the trap that Francisco set a long time ago at the opening of the book?
2. Who had Francisco beaten in a race for good hunting and harvests, something which he looks upon fondly?
3. What happens when Abel comes off the bus when Francisco comes to pick him up?
4. As Abel stares out into the silent valley, what is the memory he recalls having shared with Vidal?
5. After Abel had his experience with the box canyon, what did he do after that?
6. What occurred as a result of Abel's father being an outsider, even though Abel never knew him?
7. Describe the character of Nicolas teach-whau - who was this women to Abel in this story?
8. What happens in the memory Abel has of his grandfather calling him as he heard the old men pray?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)