|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Night Chanter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT one of the people Ben thought would not leave Abel alone?
(b) Relocation People
(d) Parole Officer
2. After the foreman stood over Abel's shoulder, correcting every little mistake he made, by the end of the __________, Abel walked out.
3. What was the name of the great volcanic crater that lay high up on the western slope of the range?
(a) Valle Grande
(b) Rim Grande
(c) Volcanic Lake
(d) Case Grande
4. ____________ at the Wide Ruins trading post had told Ben about the squaw dance, so Ben tried to figure out how to go.
5. Where is Abel lying prostrate as the prayer meeting is taking place in Los Angeles?
(a) The church
(b) His bed
(c) Shallow ditch
(d) A bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Milly decided to come to ____________ when she had the money from her father and from his hard work.
2. Abel offered an old man a lift, but the horse gave up halfway through the water and decided to ____________ in the river.
3. Abel was going home to the ______________ for a year or two, according to the plan he had.
4. Who was the man at the party who continued to insult Abel, even though it was not directly?
5. What is the young altar boy told to do quickly before the mass would begin?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)