Chapter 1, The Longhair
1. Who is the old man who is driving his team of old mares along the river in a canyon at the beginning?
2. What does the old man examine when he comes to a stop during his drive of his team of mares?
3. What is caught in a small snare trap that the old man has set at the beginning of the story?
4. What was the small snare trap made out of?
(a) Rubber bands
5. Francisco thinks back to the time when he participated in a __________ for the good hunting and the harvests.
(a) Spelling bee
(d) Writing contest
6. Who was once considered the best long race runner in the region?
7. What appears at the trading post when Francisco arrives around 1:00 PM?
(b) The mail
(c) A parade for the veterans
(d) Horse-drawn carriage
This section contains 3,928 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)