Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1, The Longhair Abstract
* Francisco drives his team of mares along the river in the canyon.
* Abel gets off a bus, clearly drunk, and collapses against his grandfather.
* Abel goes out to look at the valley and loses himself in memories.
* Abel sees a car approaching from the north.
* Father Olguin conducts a service.
* Abel cuts...
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)