|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lily and Nona try to contact Sylvie?
2. How long do the girls think the aunts will be staying?
3. What happens to the girls when they return to school after skipping for a week?
4. What is Sylvie wearing when the aunts see her?
5. Who are Lily and Nona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do they see and how do the neighboring women feel about Ruth and Sylvie's house?
2. How does Ruth respond to Lucille when she begs Ruth to leave Sylvie?
3. How do Lily and Nona feel toward each other?
4. What do the neighboring women do about the condition of Ruth's house?
5. What happens when Lucille yells at Sylvie about sleeping on the bench?
6. What happens when Ruth and Lucille try to sew?
7. When Lucille turns the lights on in the kitchen one night what does she see?
8. What happens when Sylvie and Ruth take a boat at the lake?
9. What is Ruth and Lucille's response to Lucille's encounter with her teacher?
10. What do the girls do when the weather turns warm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sylvie comes home after Lucille yelled at her with huckleberries and made pancakes for the girls. Why do you think she did this?
Essay Topic 2
How did you feel about the ending of this book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the sheriff should have done something sooner about Sylvie and the girls? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)