|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
2. Where have Lily and Nona found Sylvie?
3. Why do the girls hear the aunts talking about them?
4. Why do bats keep coming in the girls' home?
5. What do the aunts think about the rumors concerning Sylvie's instability?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls lie to Lily and Nona about Sylvie and what happens as the result?
2. What do Lily and Nona decide to do about being in Fingerbone?
3. What does Sylvie look like when she arrives in Fingerbone?
4. What does Sylvie do in response to Lily and Nona's ads?
5. How does Sylvie feel about Ruth and Lucille going to school?
6. What does the grandmother plan to do with the girls when she dies?
7. What does Ruth and Lucille's mother do after she leaves them on the front porch?
8. Why do Ruth and Lucille believe their aunt is an unstable person?
9. What do the girls do to keep Sylvie from going downstairs during the flood?
10. What happens when Sylvie leaves the house when she first gets to Fingerbone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Ruth and Lucille liked Sylvie when they met her? Use examples from the book and give your own opinion in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Sylvie comes home after Lucille yelled at her with huckleberries and made pancakes for the girls. Why do you think she did this?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Sylvie became frantic that Ruth might be taken from her? Support your opinion with evidence from the book.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)