|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girls when they return to school after skipping for a week?
2. What does Sylvie do when Ruth begs her to come upstairs?
3. Where do Lily and Nona live?
4. Why does Sylvie think the woman with four children is alone?
5. What does Sylvie think about the aunts taking care of the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls like about Sylvie as far as their mother is concerned?
2. What do the girls know about Sylvie after one day in the house?
3. What does Sylvie do in response to Lily and Nona's ads?
4. What do the girls do to keep Sylvie from going downstairs during the flood?
5. How do Lily and Nona feel about children?
6. What do the girls see at the lake while skipping school?
7. How does Sylvie feel about Ruth and Lucille going to school?
8. What does Sylvie look like when she arrives in Fingerbone?
9. Where do the girls go after the flood water recedes and what happens there?
10. What happens to the town the second week that Sylvie is in Fingerbone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the sheriff should have done something sooner about Sylvie and the girls? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sylvie comes home after Lucille yelled at her with huckleberries and made pancakes for the girls. Why do you think she did this?
Essay Topic 3
As time goes by and Sylvie stays with the girls, the two sisters have different reactions and feelings towards Sylvie's eccentricities. Describe their differences and write about how you believe you would feel in the same circumstances.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)