|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth do when the trash fire has gone out?
(a) goes to the lake
(b) eats dinner
(c) hides in the orchard
(d) goes to bed
2. What does Lucille tell the principal at school?
(a) She has a new attitude.
(b) her aunt is insane
(c) go bug off
(d) She does not care about school.
3. What goes over them while they sleep?
(a) a screech owl
(b) an airplane
(c) the full moon
(d) a train
4. What does Sylvie bring home after the fight with Lucille over the park bench?
(c) a small puppy
5. What does Ruth believe her mother's death has turned Ruth's memories of her into?
(a) an icon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvie urge Ruth to do about the objections?
2. What happens to the pressed flowers the sisters find?
3. Who follows Sylvie and Ruth at the lake?
4. What is wrong with the curtain in the kitchen?
5. What does Sylvie do when Lucille asks her if she knows where the sisters spent the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sylvie do when she and Ruth stop at an abandoned farmhouse on the island?
2. What does Ruth think about the loss of her mother in relationship to her thoughts on Cain and Abel?
3. What do the girls do when the weather turns warm?
4. Where do Sylvie and Ruth spend the night when they leave the island?
5. When Lucille turns the lights on in the kitchen one night what does she see?
6. What happens when Sylvie and Ruth take a boat at the lake?
7. When the school sends letters to Sylvie about the girls' truancy, what does Sylvie do?
8. What does Lucille do about the sewing after fighting with Ruth?
9. Describe what happens the day the girls spend the night away from home.
10. What is Sylvie's reaction to the town's concerns about her and Ruth?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)