|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sylvie give Lucille money?
(a) to buy toothpaste
(b) to buy clothes
(c) to buy meat and vegetables
(d) to buy a sewing machine
2. How does Ruth feel about talking to people from school?
3. What happens while Ruth is looking at the frost?
(a) Sylvie catches a rabbit.
(b) Ruth falls asleep.
(c) Sylvie leaves.
(d) Sylvie sprains her ankle.
4. What does Sylvie say about her relationship with her husband?
(a) They are out of touch.
(b) It is very good.
(c) She hated him.
(d) He left her.
5. What does Ruth want to do with the pressed flowers they find?
(a) puts them in the dinner salad
(b) seeps them for tea
(c) puts them in another book
(d) sprinkles them in the front yard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sylvie tell the sheriff in answer to his inquiry in question # 164?
2. What does Ruth plan to use to lure the children?
3. Where do Sylvie and Ruth spend the night?
4. What do the girls clear off the kitchen table?
5. What does Ruth do when the trash fire has gone out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth think about the loss of her mother in relationship to her thoughts on Cain and Abel?
2. What is Sylvie's reaction to the town's concerns about her and Ruth?
3. What does Lucille decide she and Ruth need to do about their life?
4. What do Sylvie and Ruth do the morning they return from the island?
5. When Lucille turns the lights on in the kitchen one night what does she see?
6. Where do Sylvie and Ruth spend the night when they leave the island?
7. What do they see and how do the neighboring women feel about Ruth and Sylvie's house?
8. What happens when Sylvie and Ruth take a boat at the lake?
9. What does Ruth think would have happened in her life if her mother had not killed herself?
10. What do the girls do when the weather turns warm?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)