|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people in Fingerbone travel the lower lying areas of town during the flood?
(b) by rafts
(c) wading the waters
(d) by boat
2. How do Lily and Nona feel about moving from their home?
(a) They are anxious.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They resent it.
(d) They are indifferent.
3. How do the girls and Sylvie eat dinner?
(a) in the dark
(b) without utensils
(c) off of napkins
(d) with chopsticks
4. How is the grandmother's house after the flood waters go away?
(a) neat and clean
(b) fine, it wasn't flooded
5. What happens when the girls tell Sylvie they skipped school?
(a) She takes them to school.
(b) She scolds them.
(c) She just says she did not realize that.
(d) She takes them to the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do Ruth and Lucille depend on each other?
2. How does Lucille feel about all the freedom Sylvie gives them?
3. How long do the girls stay with their grandmother?
4. What do Lily and Nona do the night the girls tell them why they're outside with Sylvie?
5. What alarms Ruth and Lucille about the state government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sylvie do in response to Lily and Nona's ads?
2. How does Sylvie feel about Ruth and Lucille going to school?
3. When and how do Ruth and Lucille end up in Fingerbone?
4. What story does Sylvie tell during their stay upstairs to escape the flood waters? How do Ruth and Lucille react?
5. What happens to the town the second week that Sylvie is in Fingerbone?
6. What do Ruth's mother and two aunts do following their father's death?
7. How do Lily and Nona feel about being in Fingerbone and caring for Ruth and Lucille?
8. What does the narrator say about her grandfather's youth in the first chapter?
9. What happens to the narrator's grandmother after her husband is killed?
10. What do the girls know about Sylvie after one day in the house?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)