|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Lucille skip school?
(a) They are bullied by other students.
(b) It ias too hot so they go swimming.
(c) They were not prepared for a test.
(d) They did not want to give the teacher a note.
2. In what state is the town after the flood waters recede?
3. Who is the narrator in the book, "Housekeeping?"
4. What does Sylvie do about the girls' questions about their mother?
(a) ignores them
(b) pretends she doesn't know the answer
(c) lies to them
(d) she answers them
5. How do Lily and Nona feel about children?
(a) happy around them
(b) excited around them
(c) uncomfortable around them
(d) sad around them
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ruth and Lucille hear often in the night?
2. How does Sylvie talk to Ruth and Lucille?
3. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
4. What do the girls tell Lily and Nona about why they were outside with Sylvie?
5. What does the person from question #77 do after talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls see at the lake while skipping school?
2. What does Ruth and Lucille's mother do after she leaves them on the front porch?
3. When and how do Ruth and Lucille end up in Fingerbone?
4. How do Lily and Nona feel about being in Fingerbone and caring for Ruth and Lucille?
5. What happens to the town the second week that Sylvie is in Fingerbone?
6. How do the girls lie to Lily and Nona about Sylvie and what happens as the result?
7. What happens when Sylvie leaves the house when she first gets to Fingerbone?
8. Where does the narrator's grandfather end up when he leaves home and what happens to him there?
9. What does Sylvie look like when she arrives in Fingerbone?
10. How do you think the girls might be feeling when they figure out their Aunts Lily and Nona don't want them?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)