Short Answer Key
1. Who is the narrator in the book, "Housekeeping?"
2. For what do Ruth and Lucille depend on each other?
3. What did Ruth and Lucille's father do when the girls were young?
deserted the family
4. What happens to the girls' mother when Ruth is six?
She commits suicide.
5. Where did the sisters' father grow up?
6. How was their grandfather's childhood house built?
dug out of the ground
7. What kind of pictures does the grandfather paint?
of imaginary mountains
8. What does their grandfather want most to do when he is young?
9. Where does their grandfather end up when he leaves home?
10. Where does the town where the sisters stay with their grandmother sit?
on the shores of a nameless lake
11. What does their grandfather do when he arrives at the...
This section contains 2,349 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)