|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ruth and Sylvie do to the grandmother's house before leaving Fingerbone?
(a) sell it
(b) set fire to it
(c) give it to Lucille
(d) clean it out
2. What does the sheriff asks Sylvie when he stops by the house?
(a) if she stole a boat
(b) where Lucille is staying
(c) to talk to Ruth
(d) where the girls' father is
3. Where does Sylvie go when she leaves the house the day after she meets Ruth?
(b) the grocery store
(c) the post office
(d) to the train station
4. How does Ruth feel about talking to people from school?
5. What does Sylvie finally realize about the neighbors' objections?
(a) Someone in town is trying to get her in trouble.
(b) They are partially true.
(c) They are making them up.
(d) They mean to take Ruth from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do while Lucille is talking to girls at the drugstore?
2. How do Sylvie and Ruth travel?
3. Why does Lucille ask Sylvie about her husband?
4. What does Sylvie do while the girls eat in the kitchen?
5. For what do Ruth and Lucille depend on each other?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)