|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be wrong with Sylvie?
(a) may not be sane
(b) may be crippled
(c) might be an alcoholic
(d) may be dead
2. What does Sylvie bring home after the fight with Lucille over the park bench?
(a) a small puppy
3. How do Lily and Nona make new friends?
(a) They join a garden club.
(b) They do volunteer work.
(c) They do not make new friends.
(d) They play bridge.
4. What does their grandfather do when he arrives at the town?
(a) marries and builds a house
(b) becomes the town doctor
(c) becomes the mayor
(d) marries and then gets divorced
5. Where is Sylvie?
(a) she is living in Europe
(b) she is in Spokane
(c) she is in Kentucky
(d) she has no known address
Short Answer Questions
1. During the flood, what happens when Sylvie goes downstairs?
2. Why does Sylvie bond with Ruth and Lucille?
3. Where does the town where the sisters stay with their grandmother sit?
4. What does Sylvie show Ruth on the island?
5. What happens while Ruth is looking at the frost?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)