|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person from question #77 do after talking?
(a) walks out on the railroad bridge
(b) gets in a boat
(d) comes and talks to the girls
2. Why does Sylvie think the woman with four children is alone?
(a) Her children were taken from her.
(b) She is on her way home.
(c) She does not have any money to feed them.
(d) The woman's husband has the children.
3. How do Ruth and Lucille see Sylvie as far as her competence to be a caretaker?
(a) That she will be very strict.
(b) She is not responsible.
(c) That she is great.
(d) That she is very mature.
4. How does Sylvie's temperament seem to Ruth and Lucille?
(c) calm and even-tempered
5. Why do Ruth and Lucille follow Sylvie when she leaves the house the day after she arrives there?
(a) They think she is going to buy them something.
(b) They think she will get lost.
(c) They think she is not dressed properly for the weather
(d) They are afraid she will leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls do at home in their free time?
2. How does Lucille feel about all the freedom Sylvie gives them?
3. What is Sylvie wearing when the aunts see her?
4. What does Sylvie say when asked if she wants children?
5. What alarms Ruth and Lucille about the state government?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)