|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the grandmother's house after the flood waters go away?
(b) fine, it wasn't flooded
(c) neat and clean
2. Where are Ruth, Lucille and Sylvie marooned during the flood?
(a) in the attic
(b) on the top floor of the house
(c) on the roof
(d) in the church
3. How does Lucille stay home from school?
(a) tells Sylvie there's no school that day
(b) goes to the doctor
(c) fakes an illness
(d) cuts her arm
4. Where does Sylvie go when she leaves the house the day after she meets Ruth?
(a) the post office
(b) the grocery store
(c) to the train station
5. How long do the girls think the aunts will be staying?
(a) not very long
(b) until they're out of school
(c) until the girls get married
(d) for at least a couple of years
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the aunts think about the rumors concerning Sylvie's instability?
2. Where were Ruth and Lucille born?
3. What did Ruth and Lucille's father do when the girls were young?
4. How do people in Fingerbone travel the lower lying areas of town during the flood?
5. What do Lily and Nona do about Sylvie and the girls?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)