|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylvie feel about the girls' questions about their mother?
(c) put off
2. What does their grandfather do when he arrives at the town?
(a) becomes the town doctor
(b) becomes the mayor
(c) marries and builds a house
(d) marries and then gets divorced
3. How is the grandmother's house after the flood waters go away?
(c) fine, it wasn't flooded
(d) neat and clean
4. What does Sylvie do at dinner and in the evenings?
(a) prowls the attic
(b) tells stories of her life
(d) goes outside
5. How do Ruth and Lucille feel about Sylvie when they meet her?
(a) They are afraid of her.
(b) They like her.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They hate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucille complain during the flood?
2. What does Sylvie do about the girls' questions about their mother?
3. Why does the town of Fingerbone flood?
4. Where did the sisters' father grow up?
5. What alarms Ruth and Lucille about the state government?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)