|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruth and Lucille feel about Sylvie when they meet her?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They are afraid of her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They like her.
2. Who is the narrator in the book, "Housekeeping?"
3. Where does their grandfather end up when he leaves home?
(c) Mt. Helena
4. What does Ruth fear about Sylvie?
(a) She has fallen in the water.
(b) She has left them.
(c) She has died.
(d) She cannot find any food.
5. Why do the girls hear the aunts talking about them?
(a) They talk loud because they are half deaf.
(b) The girls eavesdrop.
(c) The aunts talk in the same room with the girls.
(d) They girls have great hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was their grandfather's childhood house built?
2. How is the grandmother's house after the flood waters go away?
3. Where do Lily and Nona live?
4. What is Ruth and Lucille's mother's name?
5. How long do the girls think the aunts will be staying?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)